It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GE May Merge NBCU With Comcast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

GE May Merge NBCU With Comcast

online.wsj.com

Together, the two would create a mammoth television and movie company in an industry beset by competitive and technological upheaval. The combined entity would own more than two dozen TV networks ranging from the 83-year-old NBC, to a string of popular and profitable cable-TV networks including NBC Universal's USA and Comcast's E! entertainment channel. It would also own NBC Universal's Universal movie studio, and 10 local NBC stations from New York to San Diego
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Looks like it's time to switch cable providers....

I'm sorry but this scares the heck out of me. We all now that GE is now a government owned and run company. Although the general public probably does not. I can already see all the pro governmnet programming and monitoring of people through these media outlets such as television, broadband internet, and just promoting propaganda in general. This is Big Brother coming....think about the comcast commercials they have a voice coming out of no where telling you what to do (big brother) it's programming the public to get used to what's coming. It's never good when these big greedy corporations and government get together.

*puts on tinfoil hat...peeks through blinds*

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-10-2009 by peponastick]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
As the megacorporations get closer and closer to their end goal, you will watch many more consolidations like this take place. In the end it will be 1 giant corporation against all us small guys.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
More scary news!

The consolidation of resources, control, and power continues.....

Somehow; the industry will be 'justified' because after all....

they are both too big to fail, and too big to question.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This may sound paranoid but I witnessed a GE white van yesterday with some kind of radar/gps looking device mounted to the roof. Maybe GE with be the next secret police patrolling the neighborhoods looking for domestic terrorist.

top topics

join