It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Grey's really do exist why would they restrict themselves to that physiology?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If you're a space faring species then logic would have them god-like attributes. They are masters of space and time. They bend the universe to their will. Why then would they choose to have such restrictive, dis-proportioned bodies? Theory has it that their giant craniums are structured so that they may generate telekinesis or telepathy. They could probably shed their skin for more ethereal or energy based forms and retain those abilities, plus more. They say us humans will become a type I species within the next century. Analysts even predict immortality for us in half that time. Now apply that thinking to a species millions of years more advanced than us. I just don't buy the Hollywood stereotypes of alien appearance.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Maybe they aren't as Godlike as you think. Perhaps they are a civilization that is only thousands of years older then us, and due to different environment they evloved differently

-E-

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by genma

They are FAR from godlike. Yes they have penetrated a great barrier in being able to manipulate time and space but they are still bound by laws and their appearance is the result of some poor decision making early on in their evolution.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by genmaThey say us humans will become a type I species within the next century. Analysts even predict immortality for us in half that time. Now apply that thinking to a species millions of years more advanced than us.

ha. if we make it there... barring any natural or man-made disasters. these entities have faced disaster and miraculously lived through it, just barely.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
They were "God Like" when they visited Earth many years ago and spawned religion as we know it

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by genma

I tend to think that the greys ARE manipulated. The end result is the desired result.

That's to say the race that constructed the beings we call greys, did so in order to travel in space.

A bit like we send mechanical, 'nuts and bolts' machines into space, another species created the greys, as biological 'arms and legs' machines to explore space/dimensions.

Have no proof of any of this of course, but i have read reports that allude to this over the years.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
Maybe they aren't as Godlike as you think. Perhaps they are a civilization that is only thousands of years older then us, and due to different environment they evloved differently

-E-

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Wow. This one is something else, first off i would like to ask the op
If YOU really exist why do you restrict yourself to that physiology
If you're an internet browsing person then logic would have them god-like attributes. You are a master of a series of tubes . You bend the interweb to your will. Why then would you choose to have such restrictive, dis-proportioned body? Theory has it that your fingers are structured so that they may type or "blog" . You could probably shed your skin for more ethereal or energy based forms and retain those abilities, PLUS MORE. They say us humans will become a type I species within the next century. Analysts even predict immortality for us in half that time. Now apply that thinking to a species millions of years more advanced than us. I just don't buy the Hollywood stereotypes of your appearance.

Doest this sound just as rediculous? where do you get this information? Shedding the skin? energy forms?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I don't see the correlation between browsing the internet and applying advanced quantum mechanics for space exploration

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by genma

I don't see the correlation between space farring,ESP, energy forms and plus more

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by genma

If you're a space faring species then
logic would have them god-like attributes.

Humanity is a space-faring species. Are we godlike?

All a matter of perspective, isn't it?

Why then would they choose to have such
restrictive, dis-proportioned bodies?

Lots of possible reasons:

1) Perhaps that is the form they naturally evolved, and for religious, social or aethetic reasons, they choose to not alter the form considerably. For example, if we as humans developed these "godlike" powers you describe, would you expect humanity to decide to stop being bipedal just because another shapre might be more convenient? Probably not. We'd be emotionally attached to the traditional form.

2) They may BE a modified subgroup. A simple google search will reveal several types of grays, with distinctly different physical characteristics. The small, dainty ones you're referring to may be the ideal form for any of a number of reasons. Smaller means ships require less materials. Perhaps the slender form is for heat dissipation, or to maintain a high ratio surface area to internal volume for reasons of structure or energy absorbtion.

3) If they're telekinetic, there's not much reason for them to be big and burly.

4) They may be manufactured by another species. The form you see may be a "general" form suitable for a variety of uses, of which visiting earth is only one. Or perhaps they were designed for a very specific purpose, but it's functional enough that it can be used here on earth as well, without needing to go through all the hassle of building an entirely custom form simply for earth.

They could probably shed their skin for more ethereal or energy based forms

Maybe they are "energy based" creatures. Perhaps the forms we're accustomed to seeing are temporary structures used only when they visit us.

I just don't buy the Hollywood stereotypes of alien appearance.

Why? Why should they appear ina form that suits your personal expectations? Since when must form be convenient to be fact? Do you also not believe in platypi?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yes they surely are far ahead from us... So from our point of view, they kinda are god-like (comparison of technology mainly).
But maybee they think the same about us. Not from same perspective as we do (thinking they're god-like) but from a perspective that we are intriguing, how does our brain works (emotions for instance), how much arrogant we are to each other, etc.

All this is just a wondering, as we dont really know how THEY behave. Maybee similar to us, or maybee diferent, as living on a peace world, were is helping the other one is #rule 1.

I'm sure much people on here wonders and really want to know more about them, meaning that that people is waiting for the day they land, and a new era begins (to better i hope). At least i'm

-EDIT- A direct possible answer to your question would be that much people have lot in brain but few on body and vice-versa. So would they really care about that? Maybee they would be addept's of the abstention of materialism (like filosofers at Renaissance).
We cant guess for now, but the hollywood stereotype is made for obvious purposes.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by eddy_12]

[edit on 5-10-2009 by eddy_12]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by eddy_12

the hollywood stereotype is made for obvious purposes.

Oh? What's this "obvious" purpose you speak of? In fact, what about the traditional "grey" physiology is in any way consistent with hollywood conceptions of aliens at all?

Let's see...

Alien
Predator
Facehugger
Species

Seems to me the general trend for hollywood aliens is to make them scary looking. A four foot, dainty little thing with no claws and no teeth hardly seems consistent with the hollywood stereotype.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
They don't come from Interstellar space.

They aren't all that far advanced above us.

Our situation is actually not very different than when the first westerners showed up in the new world.

They are not god like nor are they benevolent.

Every story they tell and piece of dis info is carefully placed by them to make us think they are something more than they really are.

They might even be related to us.

It's all obvious really, that the first we encounter new would be from another system even another world?

Think about it in a Galaxy teeming with life...

You test a Bomb in the Desert Underground

A year later a small...tiny craft shows up, with 3 beings on board.

Is that how it happens? They detected a match head from 70 light years sent a single ship withe the ability to warp space and time, entrusted it to 3 individuals it arrived in one year then.... BROKE? or was shot down by WW2 era artillery?

Or

They were here all along, here or extremely close by.

Think about it.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Oh? What's this "obvious" purpose you speak of?

Like ugly grey's, made for thriller movies, were they atempt to give the public action and a feeling of fear. Not saying they're not like that, but cant say they're either.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
You're making the assumption that, the greys actually look like we think they do, rather than, allowing us to see them as they want us to.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by eddy_12

ugly grey's, made for thriller movies, were they atempt to
give the public action and a feeling of fear.

But that's exactly my point. If you were a hollywood special effects artist trying to design a scary alien...would you make something scrawny, half your size, and with no visible teeth or claws?

What about that imagery is supposed to invoke fear?

It does not make sense that hollywood would have invented that imagery to induce fear. And, on those occassions that hollywood has used that imagery, it's not with aliens that are intended to be villains. The classic example being Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

It doesn't make sense that someone intending to scare an audience would design a scrawny, helpless-looking alien, and when that imagery has been used, it's to portray friendly aliens, not scary ones.

Why are people insisting that the classic "grey" is a hollywood design to invoke fear?

And...despite all of the above...that imagery does invoke fear in many people. Why? Where does that fear come from?

[edit on 5-10-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Oh dear. I hope this OP is not representative of ATSers and humanity in general otherwise we're screwed.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
So basically the question being posed here is that "If Grey's are at a technological level that has advanced enough to travel the vast distances in Universe why do they appear to be so helpless, 'unhealthy', or non-efficeint."

How do you know what is the best form for a lifeform to take? Just because something appears odd, weak, or malformed compared to us and OUR understanding of a very limited range of physiology does not mean that due to their environment their physiology is not best for them.

Obviously their physiology would appear to work just fine (at the surface appearance) if they have survived long enough to master space travel. As far as being able to manipulate their physiology to make them 'perfect', sure it is possible (but who is to say that it might be a lot harder to do that than to travel FTL through space, or in what process and order does technological advancement come to a species?) and is even a major theory as to why they do appear to look frail and such (due to their failed attempts at genetic manipulation). Also we must think about the consequences of genetic manipulation some races might be aware of, and thus only manipulate what is absolutely necessary. There is also the possibility that they are not as far ahead of us as we would think. All this is in addition to what was already posted by other members of course.

There is a lot of aspects to take into consideration here for such a seemingly simple question. It is a good question however, and one that is always interesting to discuss (although it is best to focus the majority of efforts into proving they actually exist first! lol), thanks for posting.

[edit on 10/5/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I think their body is frail because they don't need much muscles in space. Because of that, their brain developed more as their body doesn't need to spend so much energy on muscles like our body need to. Their eyes are bigger probably because there's less light in space. I assume they have this physiology because they reside permanently in space.

So all in all, they have adapted to this environment pretty well.

[edit on 5/10/2009 by Redge]

[edit on 5/10/2009 by Redge]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join