It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

u.f.o sighting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Something strange happened to a friend of mine in the early 80's in Islington in London.
It was a winters afternoon in 1983. My friend returned home in a taxi about 5.30. As she got to her front door she turned her head to see a strange silver object hovering a few inches above the ground at the end of the street. It was saucer shaped about the size of a dustbin lid.
Thinking at first it could be some kind of childrens remote control toy she walked nearer to it for a closer look. It moved again and hovered under a lampost. As my friend got closer she could see the object had lights spinning round inside, mainly red and blue colours.
Feeling fearfull she ran back to the house. As she looked back she saw it hover for a couple more seconds then suddenely shoot up in the sky at an extremely fast speed untill all she could see was a small dot in the sky.
Her brother suggested she should contact the local paper the next day which she did.
Shortly after this she had a visit from a "man in black". He was extremely pale looking and had a very mono-tone voice. He asked her what had happened and then said that if she ever had another sighting she should contact the correct authorities.
My friend was not drunk when this happened, is not one for making up stories and is of sound mind!!

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
OMG my sister makes her first post and I totally overlook it!
Welcome to the board sis

Has anyone got any comments to make about this sighting?
I can promise you that this is a genuine sighting, I also know my sisters friend and this was the pending MIB story that I have mentioned to a couple of people.
Has anyone else ever seen anything else like this?

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by pantha]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well I for one find this subject fascinating, can't wait to see if anyone has any more info on what these MIB's are. Can you expand on the first post please, ie what exactly did he say? How long did he stay? Was he alone and did he travel in a car? Did you ever see him again , and what did he mean by the " proper " authorities?? ..... waits in anticipation.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
All this talk about Men In Black. Are some of you implying that the movies with the same name (MIB/MIB II) have some basis in reality?

And if so, did anyone involved with the making of those movies "disappear" after they (the movies) were released?

It was saucer shaped about the size of a dustbin lid.

So this thing was small...interesting. Most of the "sightings" I have read/heard about involve much larger saucer-shaped objects... Perhaps it was a remote scout?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hi lambchops and Welcome to the ATS. You said the saucer was about the size of a dustbin lid. Is that like a garbage can lid? Also it had lights spinning round inside,,, so I'm assuming this object was rotating is that correct?
I'm not asking these questions in order to dispute your story. Just trying to see if it is comparable to the ones we seen. I explained our huge U.F.O. encounter in my blog that my daughter and I had. The one that came down out of the bunch was slightly smaller than what you described. It turned from a brilliant bright white light to a solid metal-like form. In the light form it was silent, however in the metallic form it emitted an extremely low irritating humming sound. That's what really made us nervous. Did your friends U.F.O. make any sound?

We've had many U.F.O. sightings all shapes and sizes. We do live near Area 51. I have seen the "Men In Black" and they DO exist!!! (as explained in my blog) but none has visited me on a personal basis. Even though I've made several reports.
Wonders what he meant by contacting the correct authorities? Usually (from what I've heard) they just want you to shut-up or else and was told never to touch the door-knob!

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Oop's I'm sorry,,,, I thought I posted my "Men In Black" story in my blog. I will do that later on today for you lambchops.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hello every-one (and hello Pantha!) thanks for your replies.
My friend Marian (who encountered the u.f.o) says shes really pleased with the response, that there are people out there that take this subject seriously.
Yep, a "rubbish bin lid" is British for garbage can lid!
The u.f.o. had no sound. There was a thin rotating band of lights around the object.
Now to elaborate on the man in black. He arrived alone in a large car. He asked her what she'd seen, what had taken place and why did she contact the local newspaper? Unfortunatley she didn't ask him who the 'proper' authorities were.
He was exceptionally pale and bore an uncanny resemblance to British presenter/musician Jools Holland!!!
Coincidentally, another sighting of a strange floating object was reportedly seen in a nearby street the day after my friend had her experience.
She has never been visited by the man in black since nor had any other brushes with u.f.os. However she has had many other strange things happen to her in her life of the paranormal kind. Will go onto the paranormal board and write a few of her stories!
luv lambchops x

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by lambchops]

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by lambchops]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hi people. I work at the Malta Shipyards as maintenance. it was build before 1800 and always used as a naval base of americans. I work there for 20 years now.

There are "Stores" that are locked with 7 locks and doors made of iron. It is not pormessive to go near this doors. I once went near one of these doors with curiosity and a strange sound like humming went out from behind. and i was going to touch the door while there was a big bang on the door.

You must see it. today a wall of bricks and lead was built. but the humming is still audible. it is like vibrating.

new topics

top topics

join