It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military to get mandatory swine flu shots

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

WASHINGTON - U.S. military troops will begin getting required swine flu shots in the next week to 10 days, with active duty forces deploying to war zones and other critical areas going to the front of the vaccine line, a top military commander said Tuesday.

The Pentagon has bought 2.7 million vaccines, and 1.4 million of those will go to active duty military. National Guard troops on active duty are also required to receive the vaccine, as are civilian Defense Department employees who are in critical jobs.

As a result, the military is expected to provide health officials with an early assessment of the vaccine. "Because I can compel people to get the shots, larger numbers will have the vaccine," said Renuart, commander of U.S. Northern Command. "They will, as a percentage of the population, be vaccinated more rapidly than many of us. So we may see some objective results, good or not, of the vaccinations."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

ETA: that last quoted paragraph seems cold-hearted - almost as if using the Military personnel as guinea pigs is customary and just part of the job description...

Source

[edit on 30-9-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The U.S. Army made me take flu shots back in the early 1970s. Most of the time, everyone was sick with the flu the next day. Never again!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
That last line is just chilling. They are being used as lab rats.

"They will, as a percentage of the population, be vaccinated more rapidly than many of us. So we may see some objective results, good or not, of the vaccinations."

I am glad I am out of the military.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

I'm also glad you are out of the military. I would not like anyone to be subjected to any type of "western medicine" against their will.

OHH btw.. your avatar is simply amazing
(two of em)

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
That last line is just chilling. They are being used as lab rats.

"They will, as a percentage of the population, be vaccinated more rapidly than many of us. So we may see some objective results, good or not, of the vaccinations."

I am glad I am out of the military.

They already used the lab rats out at Sea................

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I knew months ago that this was going to happen, do did everyone else who is in the military.

We already have numerous shots that are mandatory, this is just one more. If you don't want to get it then you just need to find a buddy who gives the shots and marks them in your records.

Have him pencil whip your med records and you don't get the shot. I haven't had a mandatory shot in 6 years.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I would like to add as I do with most of the h1n1 shot threads that if you go to your primary care doctor he or she can and will provide you a profile exempting you from the h1n1 shot.

I did this and it worked for me, it is my hope that it works for you.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

Did you get the temp profile or are you still talking about the 30 day sick call slip?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
I knew months ago that this was going to happen, do did everyone else who is in the military.

We already have numerous shots that are mandatory, this is just one more. If you don't want to get it then you just need to find a buddy who gives the shots and marks them in your records.

Have him pencil whip your med records and you don't get the shot. I haven't had a mandatory shot in 6 years.

I understand that those in the military are subject to mandatory issues/directives constantly. I suppose it was the "chilling" flatness of the Commander seemingly describing personnel in ways that make me think of lab-rats, or test-subjects that made it more shocking.

I also understand that testing on military personnel (with or without) consent isn't a new idea and has happened in the past, perhaps more than we can know, but to blatantly state it in the press is jarring.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Did you want him to sugar coat it?

We are going to be the first mass population to get it. Which means that a mass side effect will show in us and will be documented and tweeked.

Look he is military and anyone who has been in the military more then 4 years knows that you learn to say as little as possible and still get your point across.

I rather him tell me straight to up instead of acting like I have kerosene rags tied to my ankles to keep the ants from climbing my leg and eating my candy ass.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Yeah JD the 30 day however you can get the long form profile the number eludes me right now.

The long form like I now have says it is to last till Jan of 2010 so I will miss the shots this year.

We do not have a company medic so unfortunately I had to go this route instead of yours which is another good way to go if it is open to you.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Did you want him to sugar coat it?

We are going to be the first mass population to get it. Which means that a mass side effect will show in us and will be documented and tweaked.

Look he is military and anyone who has been in the military more then 4 years knows that you learn to say as little as possible and still get your point across.

I rather him tell me straight to up instead of acting like I have kerosene rags tied to my ankles to keep the ants from climbing my leg and eating my candy ass.

Point taken. Yes, if this situation applied to me I would want to know "straight up" as you put it.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I was in the Army 20 years ago. I was a medic. I was attached to a combat engineer battalion. Before one deployment we lined everyone up for vaccines. It was like 6 shots right in a row. One of them was an experimental Anthrax vaccine. I refused to take the shot and told my buddy to just mark my records that I did take it. I was fortunate that I was a medic so I could get away with it. Others were not so lucky and several guys had bad reactions to the shot. I never trusted the military and knew they were using troops as test subjects. We were constantly giving shots to the troops. I mean everytime we deployed somewhere there was a whole new round of vaccines. It didn't seem right to me.
If I questioned anything I was told to just follow orders and don't worry about it.

[edit on 10/1/2009 by Erasurehead]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Swine flu vaccine may be mandatory for soldiers in Afghanistan

(September 28, 2009)

The Canadian Forces reserves the right to order its soldiers deployed in Afghanistan to take the vaccine meant to prevent swine flu, says the military's surgeon general.

But Commodore Hans Jung said it would be an order of last resort that will need to be studied to ensure it doesn't violate the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Just how far the military can go in ordering illness-prevention measures is a sensitive topic given the bruising legal fights almost a decade ago over anthrax injections.

The current plan is to make the H1N1 vaccine, expected to be available in November, voluntary for soldiers, sailors and aircrew throughout the Canadian Forces, including those on duty in Kandahar and elsewhere around the world.

But the nightmare scenario of an army laid up with the flu isn't far from minds of commanders.

"The option of mandatory (injections) is a hip-pocket issue. It's a card that would be played in a truly dire circumstances," Jung said in a recent interview with The Canadian Press.

"We're going to be strongly recommending that everybody take the vaccine offered. Obviously depending on how the pandemic evolves in Canada and around the world, the government and the military may have to think about" ordering soldiers to take it.

Source: www.cbc.ca...

Related: Mandatory H1N1 shots for soldiers could violate Charter
www.ctv.ca...

[edit on 1-10-2009 by ZombieSlayer]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

This is the way the military members are treated. Sickening isn't it?

Lets not forget how they used soldiers to test the longer ranger effects of an atom bomb.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

This is the way the military members are treated. Sickening isn't it?

Lets not forget how they used soldiers to test the longer ranger effects of an atom bomb.

Not really. If you join the military, they own you. You are their property. A resource.

If they want you to jump, you ask how high. If they want you to take a shot, you say thank you.

Its for individuals who like being controlled by authority. Im sure there is a psych profile that fits soldiers perfectly.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I was just wondering... can military personel refuse a vaccine for any reason? Sort of a consi-somthing objector? I don't think eh? But I wonder would they hold you down or just stick you in a cell.. I wonder if there will be soldiers that say no...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This strikes me as odd..
A soldier is a Government employee correct?
The Government cannot force someone to take flu shots....If knowledge serves me correct, they can sue the Federal Government...
Am I missing something here? ...I know there's a law for this. It is not a private institute.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by antmax21

We are not a government employee.

We belong to the government.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

reply to post by antmax21

We are not a government employee.

We belong to the government. [/quote\

LOL..Well that sums it up for me. Thus why I would never join during dire times.

<<   2 >>

join