It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia gives Israel permission to fly over airspace!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I just saw this report on my local news channel!

My guess is that Israel will make the attack within a week.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
No way!

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I found a link to verify!

Link to story

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

July 5, 2009
Saudis give nod to Israeli raid on Iran

Source

Very interesting.

Can we find a more recent article?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
edit:double post

[edit on 28-9-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This just infuriates me to no end. You know they will be staging their strikes from Iraq, right? Why else did we build all those bases?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I do not know. No news about it here, it might both strengthen this version - Israelis do not want to place Saudis in bad position, and it might weaken it since it appears that Israeli source supposedly leaked the news. Why not to inner press too?
I am perfectly sure that Saudi Arabia and few other Muslim countries feel threatened by Iranian nuclear program almost as much as Israel. But i am not sure at all that they would risk massive inner riots after Israeli path through their territory will be known. I do not think there will be any strike for few months at least even if Israel really wants it, US is simply not allowing it. Waiting (i think correctly) to pressure Iran economically.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

But are you taking into account the different tribal factions in the area?

Would people really get that upset if a rival tribe is cut down to size and unable to hurt them?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Rock and Roll.

Turn and Burn.

Last time, we smacked Iraq around two days after their deadline had expired. With an October 1st deadline, that'd put the party about the third....just about a week. Time to wash the knickers. Gonna be some festivities.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
the power struggle in the arab world is traditionally between the sunni Saudis and the Shia Iranians... then of course you have Isreal.. as we speak they may or may not be (saudis and iranians) be fighting a proxy war in Yemen right now. a very bloody one at that. the Houthi proved Saudi support of the yemeni government on video while the Yemeni gov't repeatedly accuses the Iranians of supporting the Houthi rebels..

I think it is possible the Saudis would allow the Israelis to use thier airspace to attack iranian nuclear facilities... Iran no doubt feels threatened as they are surrounded on all side by "enemies" 1 week you say? ill give it one month,s ee what happens..

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

October 26th, 2009 brought to you by the timewave and ATS: the freshest doom on the internet.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

This is not only tribal, religion is involved. Iran without any doubt would use anti-government Saudis (who might not like Iran too, but enemy of my enemy...) using all kinds of religious tools. Do not forget, Iran has a good mutual working relationship with Sunni Hamas ,and the same Sunni Hamas doesn't like Sunni Egypt, Sunni Fatah and fights Sunni Al Qaeda.
It is all very mixed up. I think that Saudis risk a revolution if they would allow Israeli jets to strike Iran..

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I remember only a short time ago.......

Saudi Arabia said it would not shoot down Israeli jets violating it's air space.
(it means it is ok, but they will piss and moan for appearances.)

This now is a direct and open invitation................
(yes, that is a VERY different thing)

This could lead to Iranian attacks on saudi arabia and American intervention on Saudi Arabia's part.
(this takes Israel out of the equation)

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

To ensure the Israeli bombers pass unmolested, Riyadh has carried out tests to make certain its own jets are not scrambled and missile defence systems not activated. Once the Israelis are through, the kingdom’s air defences will return to full alert.

“The Saudis have given their permission for the Israelis to pass over and they will look the other way,” said a US defence source in the area. “They have already done tests to make sure their own jets aren’t scrambled and no one gets shot down. This has all been done with the agreement of the [US] State Department.” Sources in Saudi Arabia say it is common knowledge within defence circles in the kingdom that an arrangement is in place if Israel decides to launch the raid.

Despite the tension between the two governments, they share a mutual loathing of the regime in Tehran and a common fear of Iran’s nuclear ambitions. “We all know this. We will let them [the Israelis] through and see nothing,” said one.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

The Times newspaper and the group that owns them (Run by Rupert Murdoch) is well up for this attack though. So this should not be taken as gospel.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

join