It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby chicks being ground alive and de-beaked

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
You don't have to stop eating eggs. Just buy eggs from farmers that treat their animals right. Visit your local farmers market!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This was covered a couple of weeks ago here on ATS...

Just sayin...

"Video shows chicks ground up alive at egg hatchery"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

peace

[edit on 26-9-2009 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Its a waste of life! These chicks can grow into proper big chickens and then killed for meat. Its not just sick, its a waste, think of how many people those chicks could of fed when they had grown!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
As much as i agree that this is sickening i think its stupid to say "become a vegan today"....
What i see in that video is cruel and unhumane but i will still enjoy a piece of chicken now and then (home raised and home made of course)...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This is harsh. Life is harsh for animals raised for food. This is no different to me than the pigs and cows raised in pens so small they can't move around. Can you imagine spending your life in a pen like that? No normal grazing for cows and no slopping around in the mud for pigs. This is not normal production and is harmful to the food supply. Faster is not better.

This is how the world treats its food supply. Chickens ground up as waste, antibiotics and steroids in our meat, and pesticides in our vegetables and water.

I think I'll go to MickyDees right now! Yummm tasty...NOT!!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by idle_rocker

Damn right, no good comes out of this at all..

All it breeds is pain suffering, disease, instability, greed and disrespect...

We humans have forfeit our stay on this planet...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanzibar

yeah i watched part of it .

its all part of a huge never ending pultry business , ect .

lets leave out the fact that im a 2nd generation vegan for many many differant reasons .

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Agreed, the manner in which the meat industry treats the animals is harsh, but they are meeting our demands... meat available for less cost. The industry can change, but we would have to be willing to pay for it, as it would take a lot more time and money. I grew up on a farm. I've raised animals from newborn, slaughtered them when they got big enough, and ate them with relish. (Yes, literally AND figuratively.) Most "city slickers" don't care where their meat comes from, as long as it's cheap and wrapped in plastic. And honestly, before I work up a tear for chicks, I want to see the end of disease, starvation, war, senseless violence, and drugs killing the children and helpless people of the world. Sorry for the critters, but I've held a dying child, and never, ever want to have to again.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was another Glen Beck stunt. After I saw him boil frogs alive, I will never listen to another word he ever has to say.

There is a kind of chicken that lives free range, Araucana.

Men will never be free until chickens are free.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
You think that's bad, you should see what I did to a couple buckets of earthworms and a stringer full of bass about a month ago.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
I just wonder what all those ground up chicks are eventually used for?

Up until the early 1990s, cattle feed.

Now - meat and bone meal (the mixture of the two) tends to get used for pet food.

The most common use - by far - of bone, blood and meat byproducts of slaughterhouses though is fertilizer. They are all certified organic - and wind up feeding the organic fruits and veggies that people pay a premium for.

en.wikipedia.org...

I found that out years ago. Never had the heart to break it to my vegan friends, lest they stop eating entirely.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Wow.... I've always known there was animal cruelty but this is absurd. I can't imagine how much pain those machines have caused. Grinding up baby chicks sounds like a parody of some satanic ritual, but nope, its just part of the routine as chickens make their way from the factory to your dinner plate.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Unfortunately all factory farmed animals are treated this way. Pigs get their tails cut off, the males are castrated, dairy cows are inseminated yearly to forever produce milk making an overproduction of calves for veal, even most fish are aqua farmed in doors in cramped diseased tanks with no sun. And it's not going to ever change with USDA being in the back pocket of these industries, it's sad really.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by AngelHeart]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

What I do not agree with is accepting that this is my fault for eating eggs. I WILL NOT take responsibility for the actions of producers of my food. AND, I will continue to eat eggs, even though I find the tactics of this producer of eggs disgusting and twisted.

As an egg eater, this is not my fault. I am sick and tired of people trying to tell me that things that are out of my direct control are my fault. Our president even apologizes to the world for me, without my permission, even though I am one person who is trying to live my life righteously, minding my own business. It is a deflection is where the blame should fall - on the perpetrators.

That said, this producer should certainly be shut down for the tactics that they have chosen to employ.

Rant over... go back to your life...

I agree. How could the crack user be to blame for the drug lords actions?
They might create the market, but they don't regulate the conditions.

Ivory collectors also get this bad wrap, they can't stop poaching of tusks so why try and outlaw the purchasing of the product?
Look at the stock market today, demand doesn’t really set the price or the supply these days?

We as a society should not have to take responsibility for our consumption?

Ronald Regan espoused to a power we possess and ignore, reminding us to "vote" with our wallets. Every purchase is a vote in society. To distance oneself from hired henchmen that actually create what we desire is a warped and false view of our economic society.

Now if those were puppies or kittens,
then we would really have a problem.

After all; some animals are more equal then others.

edit sp/add

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Absum!]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Absum!

Absolutely could never have said it better!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I love chicken. I eat chicken. I love eggs. I eat eggs. With that said I will add that there is no reason for this blatant horrible cruelty. They need to adopt methods that are more animal friendly. I know that sounds f'ed up but they are food. I do agree that these methods are horrible and need to be changed. Freaking meat grinder alive! WTF!

[edit on 29-9-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
For those who want to release them into the wild, you should realize that releasing 52,500,000 (in the course of a year) chicks into the wild it not practical.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I laughed, oh man that is some good stuff. I hate those little buggers. If they were mammals they'd have my concern, if not, to the grinder you go!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

What I do not agree with is accepting that this is my fault for eating eggs. I WILL NOT take responsibility for the actions of producers of my food. AND, I will continue to eat eggs, even though I find the tactics of this producer of eggs disgusting and twisted.

How convenient for you. You can bitch and moan about the problem but refuse to be part of the solution.

Whats the moitvation for the egg factories to modify their tactics if people continue to buy from them? Why should they give a rats behind how they treat their animals as long as they continue to get paid?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Absum!

PS- Star for you, my friend.

(also liked the Animal Farm reference.)

Edit: Sorry, forgot about 2nd line

[edit on 29/9/09 by Morbo the Annihilator]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join