It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Mental health act changed because of swine flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

www.theflucase.com... o-be-detained-in-hospitals&catid=1%3Alatest-news&Itemid=64&lang=en

Temporary changes have been made to the UK Mental Health Act in response to the “swine flu” pandemic to allow people with suspected mental health issues to be quickly detained, and on the assessment of only one doctor and not two as usual, under the pretext of fears of upcoming staff shortages due to the pandemic emergency.

The change in the law opens the door to allowing people who refuse the “swine flu” vaccine to be declared paranoid and summarily sectioned (and thus forcibly drugged) under government guidelines.

This is simply shocking news. So now just one doctor has to decide that a refusal of swine flu is evidence of paranoia to have us sectioned and medicated against our will.

www.managementinpractice.com...

The temporary changes to the Mental Health Act, as laid out in an unusually short consultation lasting just one month, would mean it would only take one doctor, rather than two, to have a person sectioned and put on medication without their consent.

The measures could have a serious effect on the thousands of patients with psychiatric issues who currently live outside state care, meaning many could be detained against their will on the word of just one health professional.

So, if you are not fired from your job for not taking the vaccine, the mere refusal of it could deem you mentally unwell and you could be sectioned, locked away and medicated however the government and health authorities see fit.
Is anybody still thinking this is ok? Read the comments after this article and see that some know exactly what is going on. Unbelievable.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Government: What is the proper response class?

Class: You know what is in our best interest!

Government: That is correct. What happens when you question your government?

Class: We are certifiably insane and deserve to lose our rights.

Government: Very, very good.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Are people jumping to conclusions here? It says that they can use less doctors to deal with mental people if too many doctors get tied up in the swine flu epidemic.
The bit about 'opening the door to section people who refuse the vaccine' was just someone's opinion.
At least that's my reading of it.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This is discusting and i feel sick, i would be happy to kill every corrupt person on this planet.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The gov is getting very amature recently, and this change in the law has got to start people questioning.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by GW8UK]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
EXACTLY English Bob. For heavens sake, this is nothing to do with complying with vaccine or anything like that. It's a change to the normal sectioning procedure because they foresee a shortage of medical personnel.
But the fly in the ointment is the shortage of beds. The system just can't cope if this should result in additional demand.
We live in challenging times. We need credible alternative sources of news. People need to engage their brains before pouncing on stuff and skewing FACTS to fit in with their paranoid mindset. This sort of thing does the alternative cause no good at all.
No I am not a government plant
I am an unemployed ex mental health professional

[edit on 24-9-2009 by unicorn1]

[edit on 24-9-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

There’s no need to be rude. I would love this to be completely innocent. However, the way things are playing out it seems that it is not innocent…or at the very least has the potential to be very dangerous. Unless they know something we don’t, why are all governments planning for such death and destruction, when this swine flu is the mildest flu ever so far. If we were in the middle of a pandemic that was slaughtering the masses it might be deemed reasonable to bring in such a temporary measure, but as it stands this is not right.
The changing of any law that states that two doctors have to sign off somebody for sectioning is very dangerous, that proviso is in place so that there is not abuse or misdiagnosis by one doctor. Seeing the lack of knowledge and judgement of many doctors I would raise that to four doctors anyway. Getting rid of that safeguard is yet another infringement of civil rights and allows completely innocent people to be sectioned. Anyone being medicated against their will unless they are a distinct danger to themselves and everyone around them is an appalling abuse.

And merely by your reply, I have been deemed paranoid and potentially liable to sectioning…so you see how that could be abused? Good job you are not a doctor.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway

I see a link here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Get ready fellow crackpots, we are going to be detained.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
What concerns me most is the part that says "people with suspected mental health issues", not confirmed cases. So you don't need to have a medical condition, they just have to suspect that you do?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ENGLISH BOB
Are people jumping to conclusions here? It says that they can use less doctors to deal with mental people if too many doctors get tied up in the swine flu epidemic.
The bit about 'opening the door to section people who refuse the vaccine' was just someone's opinion.
At least that's my reading of it.

I think what many are concerned about is that the government will then have the powers in place with this act to then use the mental health act if they want to force the vaccination on people. Or if anyone was to protest against some future plan of the government and were causing to much trouble just section them under the mental health act.

It might seem far fetched but look what happened in Germany - we are turning into a facist state but many people are ignoring the signs because it can't happen here can it?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The laws in place regarding mental health in the UK are completely draconian to say the least anyway.So if it were true it wouldn't surprise me.But yes,misleading to say it would be mandatory.But it will be since there are laws in place for forced vaccinations.And i have a feeling they will use it.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I wonder how the government and the medical system is going to tag people as having mental problems without medical history, I mean will they used the excuse that you are on depression medicine to tag you as having a mental problem?

This is highly confusing.

top topics

join