It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Weather the past 24 hours in Australia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I live in Sydney west and we missed the storm that just blew through
it went through the south coast i heard there was hail the size of cricket balls on the radio down there, can anyone confirm??
Here is an article about the rest of the country.
We have had hail, storms, floods, dust storms, a tornado and fires in the past 24 hours

www.news.com.au...

WILD weather is expected to continue tonight after hail, thunderstorms, dust storms, floods, bushfires and even a tornado hit Australia over the past 24 hours.

Bureau of Meteorology (BoM) has issued severe weather warnings across the country with reports hail is smashing parts of New South Wales, dust storms are blanketing Canberra and Broken Hill, and damaging winds are lashing three other states.

This follows heavy storms in Adelaide last night which flooded streets, knocked over trees and recorded winds of up to 150km/h.

The bureau said a tornado was recorded by a severe storm monitor in the midnorth of South Australia, with the strong winds experienced over that state now extending across western NSW and into the ACT, bringing thick dust.

Also to add 2 earthquakes in Melbourne
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 22/9/2009 by wycky]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

The last 24 hours has brought "the worst flooding ever" to the South Eastern US as well! A storm system moved North from the Gulf Coast and stalled, and dropped unimaginable amounts of rain!

I heard a local news report that 24" of rain was dropped in an hour, but I cannot believe it yet! That sounds unbelievable, but there was a lot of news footage of overturned cars piled up against an overpass, and roadways turned into flash floods!

This has been an odd weather year all around!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Yea the weather was weird last night here in Canberra, and the sun was completely blocked out today by all the dust, and right now there is a big storm happening, heaps of thunder and lighting.

Mikey

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Any correlation to this?? www.abovetopsecret.com...

I live in NE Ohio and for what its worth we have had one of the coolest Summers on record along with Chicago and other cities along the Great Lakes. This was the first August where I wasn't sweating my stones off.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Not sure if its related, but i did mention it in my original post.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

It's happening all over the world, huge storms plowing through the Mediterranean, major warnings of flash flooding along coastal areas, huge thunderstorms hitting europe, hurricane like winds heading to the UK.

what the hell is going on?
Greece got some major storms yesterday and today.

www.dailystar.co.uk...

more locations about to get hit this week, including Phillipines and Taiwan with Typhoons

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
And the four horseman, Pestilence, Famine, War and Death rode in upon a storm. Sound familiar.

SOUNDS LIKE THE END OF TIMES OR THE BEGINNING OF A NEW AGE

Pestilence-Swine Flu
Famine-Africa
War-Do not even have to go there
Death-Need I say more

Oh, by the way ENDISNIGHE

[edit on 9/22/2009 by endisnighe]

[edit on 9/22/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Here in GA the schools are were closed on monday and now are closed today also, my pool also needs 3 more inches to be full of water and I haven't seen the sun for more than a week

They are also closing main highways and some roads for flooding.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by danielsil18]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by wycky
reply to post by jibeho

Not sure if its related, but i did mention it in my original post.

Sorry bud, missed that part. Time to get my money back from my speed reading class

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
We also have this allegedly man induced anomaly occurring around the world.

A new study led by the University of Colorado at Boulder indicates most of the world's low-lying river deltas are sinking from human activity, making them increasingly vulnerable to flooding from rivers and ocean storms and putting tens of millions of people at risk.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Seems like the perfect disaster scenario. Bizarre weather coupled with problems related to Human activity/engineering that messed with mother nature.

Never piss off Mother Nature

[edit on 22-9-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I do remember reading in a 2012 thread somewhere that 2009-2010 we will start seeing some catastrophic and bizarre weather.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Yes, i was standing in the rain last night enjoying some nicotene via my choice of deliver method.

When i said to my self ....the winds of change are upon us my fellow man.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Hmm.. Seems Portugal is the "choose one" then..

Nothing out of ordinary happening here

Away from the stupid election related stuff

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Nobody ever mentions anything about Darwin. The only news Darwin will get in the paper for, are stories to do with bloody crocs. Only got a drizzle tonight. Its humid, its hot, the wet season is coming!

By the way theres been a lot of ufo articles recently in the Northern Territory news especialy to do with sightings. I dont think much of our own paper though.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
All too much.

Earthquake in Melbourne - unheard of.

Tornados - almost NEVER happened anywhere in Aus.

Dust storm in Sydney - happened before but not for at least 30 years like this. UNBELIEVABLE! You should see my house - its all red. the sky is COMPLETELY red. Feel like im on Mars.

CRAZY storms across south eastern Aust - hail the size of cricket balls.

Add to this all the other extreme weather globally over the last 48 hours - well its no coincidence to me....

There is a CLIMATE CHANGE summit in New York today. Barack Obama is calling for action on climate change.

What a PERFECT way to get everyone back on the climate change bandwagon...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Here's an older pic of a dust storm in Melbourne, but it is EXACTLY the same outside my house.

And remember i live in the heart of suburbia (Parramatta) so there's plenty of confused people waking up right now!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d93a7c91a66c.jpg[/atsimg]

Actually, its MUCH worse now that i compare. MUCH redder outside my window as i look at both pics... I feel like im living inside a bowl of orange jelly...

EDIT TO ADD

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7becbd668b91.jpg[/atsimg]

Much closer to the view out my windows...
[edit on 22-9-2009 by srsen]

[edit on 22-9-2009 by srsen]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Could this have anything to do with NASA'S experiment the other day.

An eerie cloud that glowed briefly in the night sky Saturday was no UFO. It was created by humans — more specifically, a NASA rocket built to make clouds that shine at night.

From www.msnbc.msn.com...
After this strange weather just a thought you never know?

THANKYOU

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Just rained in the UK here for the first time in ages to. Im off to the USA Jackson MS in a couple of weeks.. looks like its stormy there to

www.intellicast.com...

[edit on 22-9-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I posted on another thread about the Sydney Dust storm. It was very eerie. I woke up my sons to witness the weirdness.

I'm in Woolloomooloo right next to the Harbour and it was the fog horns that woke me up. When I looked outside the sky was blood red.

Never seen anything like it in 50 years of living here.

here's a link: www.smh.com.au...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The weather seems 2 be messing up everywhere
:-/

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join