It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security threat closes US state facilities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by whatshenneping

Now that's the best speculation I've heard so far ... !!!
That makes so much sense and for the moment, I am holding onto that one with both hands until proven otherwise.

Makes entry on cell phone and Outlook to remind me to stay away from these places during the 2010 World Cup ... coz I'm bound to forget ... as I'm sure most others will forget about today's events by that time ... then it will be: "Hey what happened and how could we have planted these things while people were working in and around the sites?"

Slaps star on Whatshenneping's forehead

Edited for punctuation ...

[edit on 22/9/2009 by Psyagra]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Wahahaha ... "# the rest of them South Africans ... if this causes some loss of life in South Africa, we can save a couple of bucks on those vaccines!" is probably what they are thinking - while slapping each other on the back of course

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

"It is under control," he told reporters in Cape Town.

"The threat might be genuine itself or the threat might not exist, it might be a hoax. If our investigation puts some concrete steps that we must follow, there will be arrests," he said, adding that police were pursuing some people.

www.nytimes.com...

this is quite suspicious it will be interesting to see what arises

[edit on 22/9/09 by dallas18]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Well no surprises, he lied, it's NOT under control.

NEWS24

Johannesburg - The US Embassy and other American offices in South Africa will remain closed for a second day on Wednesday after closing on Tuesday because of unspecified security concerns, US and South African officials said.

"We are not discussing the nature of the information," she said.

This is very arb. They are apparently very concerned people, yet there is nothing else in the news that may suggest a reason. I don't see it related to any of the other world events (Iran, or even Somalia for that)
The only idea i do have is the recent vist by, Mrs Clinton, where a US base was spoken about. Is this going to be the catalyst for urgent deployment of US troops?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
This is crazy... so not cool...what is going on... and why??

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Hudson-Dean would not disclose the reason for the US closing all the its government buildings in South Africa. She would only say the decision was "based on information recently received by the Regional Security Office".

SA government sources said that police and intelligence services were investigating a "potential terrorist threat" to US buildings and personnel.

"We have nothing hard and fast. It's sketchy and unconfirmed. The Americans have picked up a bit of information which they are responding to by closing their facilities."

Source Article ...

I am convinced that this is a precursor to something much bigger and I am also convinced that it has something to do with the soccer world cup next year.

As for setting up US military bases in South Africa, I also believe that this is a very real possibility and it it would kinda fit in with the NWO schedule and is probably somewhat overdue already.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I think i've found it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pakistan Raids US Embassy Security Firm

That hits my buttons. All of them.

Oh, and also another thread by Warrenb, about the ISI chief admitting all sorts on a video. (can't find the link - still looking)

Here it is: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 23-9-2009 by harryhaller]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Bolded by OP ...

U.S. State Department spokesman Ian Kelly said the threat was "pretty credible information" against U.S. government facilities in South Africa, the continent's biggest economy.

South Africa, due to host the soccer World Cup next year, is not itself seen as a target for attacks. Hudson-Dean said it was the first time in a decade the offices had been closed due to a security threat.

Somali rebels have vowed to avenge last week's killing of one of the continent's most wanted al Qaeda suspects in a raid by U.S. commandos, but there has been no previous link between Somali insurgents and South Africa.

Bombings of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998 killed 224 people and wounded thousands.

"The embassy is tracking developments very closely and assessing its security posture and formulating an appropriate course of action," said Kelly.

Source Article ...

It makes total sense that they would 'target' the leading economy on the African continent ... and I don't mean 'they' as in potential terrorists ... I mean 'they' as in the US. The world doesn't really pay much attention to things happening in Northern Africa - but if something were to go down in South Africa, especially during the 2010 world cup, then all manner of wheels could be kicked into motion to further the NWO agenda on the African continent.

Remember that there is an ongoing tussle between the East and the West over Africa and with China already dictating to our government about who may or may not enter our country earlier this year (read Dalai Lama), you can be sure that the US would want to get a head start and foothold in "South Africa, the continent's biggest economy".

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Right now, we are focused on supporting the Transitional Federal Government in Somalia against the threat of radical violent extremists, al-Shabaab, and their allies. The minister and I are well aware that al-Shabaab is recruiting young Somalis from South Africa, Australia, and the United States to become suicide bombers, to participate in their efforts to turn Somalia into a safe haven for terrorism, which the United States believes would not just threaten the Horn of Africa, but all of Africa and beyond. - Secretary Clinton

Source Article from www.state.gov

From my previous post ...

Somali rebels have vowed to avenge last week's killing of one of the continent's most wanted al Qaeda suspects in a raid by U.S. commandos, but there has been no previous link between Somali insurgents and South Africa.

So, on 22 September 2009, Reuters in the New York Times reports that there have been no previous links between Somali insurgents (al Qaeda?) and South Africa ... yet, scarcely a month and a half before that, Clinton says "The minister and I are well aware that al-Shabaab is recruiting young Somalis from South Africa, ..." !!

On February 29, 2008, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice designated al-Shabaab (aka al-Shabab, aka Shabaab, aka the Youth, aka Mujahidin al-Shabaab Movement, aka Mujahideen Youth Movement, aka Mujahidin Youth Movement, aka MYM, aka Harakat Shabab al-Mujahidin, aka Hizbul Shabaab, aka Hisb’ul Shabaab, aka al-Shabaab al-Islamiya, aka Youth Wing, aka al Shabaab al-Islaam, aka al-Shabaab al-Jihaad, aka the Unity of Islamic Youth) as a Foreign Terrorist Organization under Section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act.

Source Here ...

aka, aka, aka ... No wonder the terrorist's weapon of choice is an AK ... sorry, I couldn't resist

SECRETARY CLINTON: Let me just say that we discussed everything from the President’s views on regional issues from Zimbabwe to Somalia to Sudan to global issues like climate change. We had a broad-ranging, very substantive discussion and I greatly appreciated the President sharing with us his advice and suggestions about how we can make progress. We have the same goals for a peaceful, progressive, prosperous continent starting in southern Africa of course, but moving north, west and east and the President’s advice was extremely helpful to us.

QUESTION: Was there any discussion around the US having forward bases in South Africa?

SECRETARY CLINTON: There is no discussion of that. That has never been raised by any of us in any of our discussions. It’s not an issue.

Source here ...

I can't help wondering "How about now?"

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Lies, damned lies, and politics?

Nice research there

Still doesn't answer though ..... we have:

US offices closed without warning, for 1 day then 2.

Possible Somalia link (?) access to SA, reason to attack US,
Possible Pakistan link (?) embassy securities, cia/isi/nsa(south african one)
Possible 2010 link (?) Soccer stadiums, US bases

A google search on South africa and Pakistan offers a reminder of our shared nuclear capable status.

SA and somalia share nothing, except a bunch of poor Somalis.

But about "al-shebaab", even if they have been recruiting, why attack IN sa? Youths could not attack an embassy? Could they? I mean, have you seen the security? Nothing on the news yet, the ball is still in play.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
What about the cricket going on in South Africa right now???? Football has been mentioned so why not cricket? i know there wont be as many people but there will be most nations.

Peace

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
On SABC news analyst, Henri Boshoff said

“According to them there is a real threat and possibly the information available to them is that it is so specific that it is about date - place and time and that's why they closed,”

That means that it was meant to probably happen yesterday. I am keeping my eye peeled for any info but it seems that we are still being kept in the dark as to what these threats are and whether they could affect the general public.

www.sabcnews.com... efault

In th article they mention that they could poissibly reopen the embassy later today... but then again... yesterday they also said "we have it under control" and that the offices would be open today (23 September). That never happened. I think we might be dealing with something bigger than we think! Why else would the government keep us in the dark, what possible motivation could there be??

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psyagra
The minister and I are well aware that al-Shabaab is recruiting young Somalis from South Africa, Australia, and the United States to become suicide bombers, to participate in their efforts to turn Somalia into a safe haven for terrorism ...

I want to pick up on this again briefly ...

These al-Shabaab people must be really stoopid ... recruiting young Somalis from South Africa, Australia and the US ... one would think they could do better recruiting them ... wait for it ... drum roll ... from Somalia!! ... Who would of thunk huh?!

More seriously though ... it is as clear as daylight that Clinton et al drop statements like this to condition the the world into believing this kind of drivel is actually true and that they thus have a right to be in South Africa and Australia ... the US is yours Ma'm and that is fine - if there are young Somalis there to be recruited, deal with your problems internally ... but to come and claim that there are Somalis being recruited here in SA ... puhleeez!!

Hands up those who believe that people who are recruiting young Somalis, would look anywhere else but Somalia?! ... ... Kindly lower your hand in the back there Ms Clinton ... we've heard quite enough from you thank you very much!!

[edit on 23/9/2009 by Psyagra]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Latest news on this unfolding ...

JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA - The US embassy in Tshwane (Pretoria) and US consulates in Cape Town, Durban, and Johannesburg remained closed Wednesday, following information that US officials say indicated a specific terror threat against US government targets in South Africa.

The US diplomatic shutdown began Tuesday and comes at a time when terrorist organizations have largely shifted their strategy from so-called "hard targets," such as highly protected facilities like embassies, airports, and US military installations, to "soft targets," such as train stations, hotels, shopping malls, and sports venues.

... ... ...

In Washington, US State Department spokesman Ian Kelly told reporters: "The embassy received information about a possible threat against the embassy, and so as a precaution, the State Department decided to close US government facilities in South Africa." The US embassy has notified the American community in South Africa to "remain vigilant," Mr. Kelly added, and said, "The embassy will reopen as soon as we've completed our assessment of the security posture."

More on this here ...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
[url=http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2009/09/shabaab_suicide_atta.php]http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2009/09/shabaab_suicide_atta.php[/ url]

So i found this story: (from the 17 September)

Shabaab, al Qaeda's affiliate in Somalia and East Africa, took credit for the attack and claimed it was launched in response to the US killing of a senior Shabaab leader earlier this week.

"We have got our revenge for our brother Nabhan. Two suicide car bombs targeting the AU base, praise Allah," Shabaab spokesman Sheikh Ali Mohamud Rage told Reuters. "We knew the infidel government and AU troops planned to attack us after the holy month. This is a message to them."

I'd forgotten about the AU link, but they have got their revenge (?)
And they are closed for tomorrow as well, which is for us a public holiday. Convenient.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Nice find Harry ... well done

I think its becoming obvious that these things are all related ... but I do believe that it is all smoke and mirrors in preparation for some more far reaching actions to be initiated by the US in South Africa.

Nose to the floor ... snif snif ...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
BTW Harry ... Please can you sort that link like so ...

Harry's link ...

Thanks bro'

[edit on 23/9/2009 by Psyagra]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I can't help thinking there's also a link to the G20 here as well. These guys never do things for just one reason. There are a lot of birds they could kill with this one stone.

Maybe the US were putting pre summit pressures on SA. They are the only African member. Perhaps the US just said:

"Fine if you won't scratch our back we won't protect yours. We'll protect our own buildings, staff, interests, etc, but you're on your own. See how long you last without our protection."

The NWO also love numerology and they always try to get a 23 or thereabouts into their plans.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
So the embassies are open again, after an "al qaeda" affiliated threat.

Sparked by a phone call, "pretty credible" they say.

IOL news: IOL

News24: [url=http://www.news24.com/Content/SouthAfrica/News/1059/5bd760b3c44c44fbbe9b36d05cdac880/24-09-2009-11-03/Al-Qaeda_group_threatened_embassies]News24[ /url]

As per news24, reporting the Star newspaper:
The planned attacks were believed to be in response to last week's killing in Somalia of one of the continent's most wanted al Qaeda suspects in a raid by US commandos, the newspaper said.

But nothing further. No arrests cited, except everyone seems happy with each other, including the US Govt specifically thanking the South African Police Service (SAPS) Division: Crime Intelligence, for outstanding cooperation and support.

So as per the good guys, IT WAS THE SOMALIS. As per the Somalis, it wasn't them.

This STINKS of disinfo.

(edits: i hear you on the url formatting, but this id poofies, both done and appear exactly the same, until i hit submit. Using Opera, anyone else having issues with this?)
Sorry OP, i'm not getting this second URL right? Its a freaking pop-up box!!
Fo some reason, look where you close url, there's a space between [ and /url ... this is illogical, as there's no space in the preview?

[edit on 25-9-2009 by harryhaller]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join