It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Creature Found?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Looks like ET got drunk and took a swim

I agree with the others that it is likely a sloth that somehow ended up in the water and drown but it would be neat if it turned out to be a new species of sloth that lives or breathes underwater

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I guess Cerro Azul has 6 volcanoes in the area could this be a acid bath from a local water hole for the slothe due to volcanic activity changing the water to acid.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Everything about this says SLOTH. The body shape is the same, the facial characteristics are the same, hair is the same (what's left of it) and the articulation is the same.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5fa181e215d3.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9e84f3855ab.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It looks an awful lot like a sea turtle without a shell.

Why is one of the pictures a mirror image of another displayed?

Pretty weird.
-E-

[edit on 15-9-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The discovery of a strange creature in Cerro Azul has aroused controversy among the people, for while some say it may be a being from another planet, others simply believe that is an animal. Four teenagers aged between 14 and 16 years, met him at the Jet Blue Hill, on Saturday, while having fun in the place. As recounted one of them, they suddenly saw the creature emerging from a cave located behind the water jet. At her appearance and it began to climb over the rocks to one of them panicked and began to thrash him and throw sticks, getting killed, after which they threw into the water and ran.

Translation from Spanish.

It's a hoaxy adventure attributed to the kids IMO. No marks, no pores, no cuts, no blood...no body. Great image quality yet no feet or hands. No reason to even suspect it's based in reality

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
There are alot of things yet to discover about our own world. However, this is most definitely a sloth. It appears as though it has been in the water, and is bloated. It may even be a new species, but it is definitely a sloth of some type.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Reminds me, faintly, of the Mauntauk monster. As I recall, it was shown to be a raccoon affected by mange that had partially decomposed. Perhaps this thing was simply some animal with mange or a related disorder that died and partially decomposed. The kids could have decided to make up the portion of it crawling out of the cave and such because it sounded more exciting and such.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Well the claw and head shape point towards it being a sloth, however I do like the rubber pig man option as well. BS detector is picking up high readings throughout the article.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

It wont be computer generated, its a really low quality digital camera shot. To be honest this sort of thing is easier to fake than it is CG.
It might be fake but if it is then its a rubber/latex model not CG

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Why would they take a picture of only half a body?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

did the kids say anything about how fast or slow the creature moved? Did it walk, crawl, stand up right, jump, or run?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Definately looks like a sloth to me.

Those 'hairless creatures found on beach'-stories are always fun.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
LMAO @ "LOOKS LIKE THE ET GOT DRUNK AND TOOK A SWIM"

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
telemetro.com...

I can not read spanish

So here is a rough google trans:

The discovery of a strange creature in Cerro Azul has aroused controversy among the people, for while some say it may be a being from another planet, others simply believe that is an animal.
Four teenagers aged between 14 and 16 years, met him at the Jet Blue Hill, on Saturday, while having fun in the place.
As recounted one of them, they suddenly saw the creature emerging from a cave located behind the water jet. At her appearance and it began to climb over the rocks to one of them panicked and began to thrash him and throw sticks, getting killed, after which they threw into the water and ran.

Sounds like the kids saw the creature and stoned it to death and ran to tell adults. I think after the pictures were taken, it was thrown into the sea.

Sorry if this turns out to be a hoax or some movie thing.

looks fake

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Awww.. poor mr sloth

I wish they'd 'find' some cute looking animals for a change.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Here's a link to an English article

English Version

It's just a sloth that has lost its hair. Take a look at the claw hand - yep, a sloth.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
CNN has picked up the story:
CNN Video

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Nigandahu]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
It looks an awful lot like a sea turtle without a shell.

Then you certainly don't know how a turtle without a shell looks like.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
4.media.tumblr.com...

Really weird. Wonder what it is and I hope they do DNA testing.

<< 1    3 >>

join