It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Has the Council on Foreign Relations Worried

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

The power elite is worried. Evidence for this can be found in a short article "The Fed's Political Problem" appearing on the website of Foreign Affairs, flagship journal for the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR). The article's author, Alan S. Blinder, is a senior-level economics professor at Princeton University who also directs Princeton’s Center for Economic Policy Studies. From 1994 to 1996 he served as vice chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.

Blinder describes Dr. Paul as “an extreme libertarian and longtime foe of the Fed. He has, incredibly, persuaded almost two-thirds of the House of Representatives to co-sponsor a bill that would jeopardize the Fed’s independence.” According to Blinder, the Fed “gets plenty of critical evaluations” of its policies and decisions. He maintains that Dr. Paul’s bill “could easily develop into something quite dangerous.” He imagines this scenario:

Link

I didn't see this posted anywhere, but it looks like this bill (HR1207) has a few people worried.

there have been 287 co-sponsors.

Looks like RP will have his day soon!

[edit on 9/14/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I want this bill to pass soo bad.

I want them to release everything the fed has done over the years, expose their whole cabal.

(crosses fingers)

do they need 290 co-sponsors to have it passed to the next level uncontested?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Lol of course they are worried, once people find out whats really going on it's game over for the power structures. I also liked how he says "He has, incredibly, persuaded almost two-thirds of the House of Representatives to co-sponsor a bill that would jeopardize the Fed’s independence." When we all know the real reason why so many reps have sponsored this bill, they are trying to save their own asses now.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Zenlike]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenlike

once people find out whats really going on it's game over for the power structures.

It is going to be game over for a lot more than the power structures. I don't think that people believe the fed when they threaten the country over this bill. We are poking a lion with a stick here and thinking that it isn't going to lash out. I, for one, don't think that the fed will simply let something like this pass and undermine their power. I am sure that they will fight back by whatever means they deem necessary and I don't trust them to show much restraint or morality when fighting it.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by Zenlike

once people find out whats really going on it's game over for the power structures.

It is going to be game over for a lot more than the power structures. I don't think that people believe the fed when they threaten the country over this bill. We are poking a lion with a stick here and thinking that it isn't going to lash out. I, for one, don't think that the fed will simply let something like this pass and undermine their power. I am sure that they will fight back by whatever means they deem necessary and I don't trust them to show much restraint or morality when fighting it.

What measures do you think they will take preventing this bill from passing?

What if they do nothing and let the fed die?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I think the only reason they are worried is because of the precedent it'll set for future controls. They aren't concerned about what this would reveal about the Fed, because it wouldn't reveal anything too shocking.

You can guarantee that anything they've done will be buried, you'll never know the worst of their deeds. Okay, so maybe they'll throw out a couple of little misdemeanour's to keep Ron and his investigative army happy, but the major events will be whitewashed.

Remember this is a group of people who answer to no one, they've said it, the government has said it. They will not leave any paper trails leading to the criminal elites showing just how corrupt the entire system is.

I still hope that RP gets this through, because it WILL inevitably lead to a tougher future for the Fed, and that can only be a good thing.
But nothing of any remarkable value will happen, because they can't afford it, and politically, neither can your government.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Get em Ron Paul!

It's pretty simple. The FED is a consortium of private banks. Because they are private, their business model is engineered towards making a profit! This means that the massive flow of money that they monitor is somehow being profited off of, and in a huge way as evidenced by the lavish lifestyles maintained by FED executives. How could auditing the FED possibly be a threat to the economy?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vipassana

besides the imminent effect on the dollar, Uhhhh well i think that's the only thing it will effect.

IM just surprised its taking this long to push this bill though.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Auditing the FED would be very bad for the economy, but the only way an audit could be bad for the economy is when the audited entity itself has been bad for the economy.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harman
Auditing the FED would be very bad for the economy, but the only way an audit could be bad for the economy is when the audited entity itself has been bad for the economy.

The true depth of your few words is astounding! The FED's soul purpose has always been,to suck the marrow from the labor and resources of this nation.
The FED will defend their position of power,whatever it takes. Times will be very hard for us,between now and the demise of the FED. No matter what the cost,the FED must be restrained,and disassyembled,if we as a country are to survive.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

Originally posted by Harman

The true depth of your few words is astounding! The FED's soul purpose has always been,to suck the marrow from the labor and resources of this nation.
The FED will defend their position of power,whatever it takes. Times will be very hard for us,between now and the demise of the FED. No matter what the cost,the FED must be restrained,and disassyembled,if we as a country are to survive.

Agreed, the fed must be destroyed... by legislative process... which will take forever!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Great Post, thanks!

Yes, and now I hope Ron Paul has enough sense to hire a body gaurd,
as I am worried about his safety.

Washington D.C, the District of Criminals.

I love Ron Paul! Go Ron!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Great Post, thanks!

Yes, and now I hope Ron Paul has enough sense to hire a body gaurd,
as I am worried about his safety.

Washington D.C, the District of Criminals.

I love Ron Paul! Go Ron!

join