It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Images of Tehran, Iran (May shock)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+107 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here are some images of Iran. Warning: Could well shock.

These images were pretty shocking to me. Maybe it's because my mind was a little closed. They made me think differently. Interesting stuff.

www.lucasgray.com...

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

It really is pretty shocking isn't it?

The way the media portrays Iran, you'd think they are living in shacks or roaming the desert as nomads raising camels for profit and carrying AKs everywhere.

The Iran people aren't who I worry about, it's just the religious fanatics that have their seats of power that are cause for concern. I worry about the same for the US.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Nice eyeopening photo's

those pics certainly didn't look "evil" to me, maybe I will look at Iran differently from now on, I honestly didn't realize how beautiful of a country it was. Thanks

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This is AWESOME - thanks for sharing.

What a beautiful area - I had no idea. We 'assume' it looks just like Iraq.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yeah i've seen a few reports from Tehran, it looks like a beautiful city.
Their markets and stuff look like alot of fun, and I personally find
the architecture beautiful. Seems like the the peeps are nice too!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Thanks for that.

I was watching the news last night and that Sting song came to mind about the Russians loving their children too....and I tried to make it work with Iranians, but ti didn't sound right...

We needed this today. Thank you very much.

I can get outwardly callous and seemingly unsympathetic when I envision the next round of fights the US is going to get involved in. It helps to have some reminder of the reality of the people of nation that is vilified so readily.

I suppose the actions of the Iranian regime are as much a fault of the average Iranian as the actions of the US regime are the responsibility of HER people.

Thanks for bringing some humanity back to the table and reminding us that real people live over there, with kids and love and dreams of their own.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Interesting. I think it's unlikely the world will take military action against Iran because they'll not actually build a bomb. They can use our own history of thousands of aging nuclear warheads now sitting in secure nuclear storage. Cooler heads prevail and the weapons once built must eventually be disassembled and recycled.

There is no justification for nuclear attack except survival and anyone who puts another nation in that position is asking to get nuked, circa DRNK.

We had options at the end of WWII we chose not to use and we did it once. I don't think it will be done again. My best,

+42 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
As is typical in most nations and countries, it's Not the peoples, it's the damned governments that foment the issues, hype and media mentions we encounter from day to day.

Otherwise, we're all just folks trying to get by, make a living, enjoy life to it's fullest.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemicalSubstance
Nice eyeopening photo's

those pics certainly didn't look "evil" to me, maybe I will look at Iran differently from now on, I honestly didn't realize how beautiful of a country it was. Thanks

Just a note... pics of the usa didn't look evil while bush was in power either

gotta seperate the people from the government..

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
As is typical in most nations and countries, it's Not the peoples, it's the damned governments that foment the issues, hype and media mentions we encounter from day to day.

Otherwise, we're all just folks trying to get by, make a living, enjoy life to it's fullest.

12m8keall2c I salute your post sir !! Exactly, people on the street are no different than us.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
great pictures!
the way the media has it turned around made me think they were still riding around on camels over there but it is really a beautiful place and i had no idea iranian women looked that good.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
What a beautiful country......shame the west will make a mess of it

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I do not think most have issues with the people of Iran, but issues with their leader.

I remember before I went to Russia in '93, everyone told me Russia was so ugly and it was like being in a black and white world - no color - dark - depressing. When I got to Russia, some parts of Russa at that time did in fact seem very dark or black and white. Communisim had just fallen, but life was starting to sprout in Russia.

Once you left Moscow and saw other parts of Russia it was amazing the beautiful scenery....the colors and the people. I went to one city, Nizhny Novgorod (en.wikipedia.org...), and it was amazing, perfect place for a resort right on the Volga River. Nobody mentioned those parts of Russia existed! Probably because most people never saw it. We only saw what was on the news.

I am deeply saddend that back then, there was no digital camera for me to take

I know this is not about Russia, but I just wanted to show, how it is common for Americans to see a country much different than it really is.
In my opinion, I think everyone in America should leave America and go travel abroad!! There really is life outside of America and you can not rely on the media to show you what others live like elsewhere!!

[edit on September 12th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This thread is wonderful in relaying people images to everyone. Iran Government spouts off at Israel just like the US does of Cuba or North Korea. Political shifting.

Let me also steer you to a wonderful thread by Antar who bravely posted this in 2007. Also eye openers.
ATS thread by antar.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Here are some other shocking images from Iran before the religious cultists took over -look at how free,liberal and happy everyone looks.

www.pagef30.com...

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
DON'T BE FOOLED PEOPLE!!!

Try looking at Nazi Germany pictures. It might look like a great place too.

The Iranian government is very evil. I could give many examples, but I'll just mention persecution of minorities (Bahai leaders are executed, coverts to Christianity are tortured & sometimes killed, and even the native Zoroastrians have been persecuted.)

Sure, it's a beautiful & well-developing country, but if you're not a Shiite Muslim who follows all the insane laws and support Khomaini & Ahmadinejad, you will be persecuted. . . similar to Nazi Germany.

Iraq was wealthy & safe/stable up until the Ba'ath (Saddam's party) came into power. At least they were secular. Iran's government now is NOT secular, which means it is potentially more dangerous (to their own people) than Saddam's Iraq.

I'm not saying Iran should be bombed to hell. I say they need a new, more secular government, with more freedoms. That's what the people want. That's why there were protests & riots. Iran's government should be more like Turkey's, because the people are secular. Instead the government is more like Saudi Arabia, with strict religious Islamic law.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
For sure, it is all about seperating TPTB from the people and filtering out the images the mainstream media pushes into our heads. I was genuinely shocked when I saw these. To be honest some of me was pretty dissapointed in myself, I mean... of course there are going to be beautiful parts.

Something about the song made it pretty effective too, I don't usually fall for that sort of "let's get some nice pictures and a lovely song" rubbish unless I'm a bit drunk but this was definitley something different. I'm currently on Google Earth looking for other nice places in inconspicuous places.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Here are some other shocking images from Iran before the religious cultists took over -look at how free,liberal and happy everyone looks.

www.pagef30.com...

They look like they have come straight from my mother's collection of when she was a hippy in the 60's... again I didn't expect that.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

I don't think the OP was trying to "fool" any one with these pictures. I'm pretty sure he was just trying to relay that the people in Iran are not very different from us. It's so easy to get caught up in what we see on tv, that we forget that there are real people just trying to live life in whatever country our government might be angry with at the moment.

You're right though, Nazi Germany was beautiful. But only because Germany IS beautiful. Just as Iran IS beautiful. They are beautiful in spite of their opressive governments. But again, I think that's the point of this...

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings
DON'T BE FOOLED PEOPLE!!!

Try looking at Nazi Germany pictures. It might look like a great place too.

The Iranian government is very evil. I could give many examples, but I'll just mention persecution of minorities (Bahai leaders are executed, coverts to Christianity are tortured & sometimes killed, and even the native Zoroastrians have been persecuted.)

Sure, it's a beautiful & well-developing country, but if you're not a Shiite Muslim who follows all the insane laws and support Khomaini & Ahmadinejad, you will be persecuted. . . similar to Nazi Germany.

Iraq was wealthy & safe/stable up until the Ba'ath (Saddam's party) came into power. At least they were secular. Iran's government now is NOT secular, which means it is potentially more dangerous (to their own people) than Saddam's Iraq.

I'm not saying Iran should be bombed to hell. I say they need a new, more secular government, with more freedoms. That's what the people want. That's why there were protests & riots. Iran's government should be more like Turkey's, because the people are secular. Instead the government is more like Saudi Arabia, with strict religious Islamic law.

Exactly what I was thinking. Nazi Germany was a great looking place at the time. No one, regardless of any difference, should be treated the way Iran treats Non-#es.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join