It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 goes public!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmayhew01
This is great to hear, maybe something will be leaked about what is currently going on at this facility. Regardless, this is an amazing opportunity to gather information on this top secret base!

Also, we absolutely need to get video footage of these presentations and Q&A sessions. This could be some invaluable evidence to the conspiracy community! If anybody is in the area, I cannot emphasize how important it would be to get some of this information on these forums...

I might be out that way that week or hopefully for Red Flag 10/19 - 10/30. If I get anything good I'll post for sure! But I'd bet it'll be outdated info.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It depends on what you consider "outdated info." This event covers the entire history of Area 51 from its construction in 1955 for Project AQUATONE to present activities and the latest expansion of facilities. Obviously, many details are still classified but quite a lot may now be told.

Back in the mid 1990s when public interest in Groom Lake was really taking off, I would have given just about anything to attend an event like this. There will be items on display that have never been exhibited publicly and the opportunity to get the inside story without sensationalism.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It sounds like an outstanding event. It'll be interesting to see what is disclosed. Thanks for the information.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I think it is all just a publicity stunt.Come see some out of date aircraft and items you can see anywhere on the net.There will be no alien space ship there with aliens greeting the people.Of course the cia will be there taking pictures of all the people who visit the event.The cia will know all about them even before they walk out the gate.Touch the exsibits everyone and give your fingerprint details to the cia databank.Don;t throw your used cups and cans in the rubbish.The cia will have your dna too.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
George Knapp interviewed Roadrunners president T.D. Barnes on Coast To Coast this past Sunday. Among other things, Barnes talked about the upcoming event at the Atomic Testing Museum in Las Vegas. The interview is archived at:

www.coasttocoastam.com...

During two days at the museum (October 7 and 8) there will be discussion panels, presentations, and exhibits. It won't just be the usual stuff that you always see on TV and the Internet. This is a unique opportunity for anyone interested in Area 51.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GORGANTHIUM
I think it is all just a publicity stunt.Come see some out of date aircraft and items you can see anywhere on the net.There will be no alien space ship there with aliens greeting the people.Of course the cia will be there taking pictures of all the people who visit the event.The cia will know all about them even before they walk out the gate.Touch the exsibits everyone and give your fingerprint details to the cia databank.Don;t throw your used cups and cans in the rubbish.The cia will have your dna too.

Your 100% right I wouldnt go even if I was in the area. It could just be another way for the goverment to get info on us.

I wouldnt be suprized if it was.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Chadness]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
They arn't going to talk about any UFO's or anything right?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
At least one of the presentations will address the issue of "UFOs and Area 51" and visitors and panel audience members are free to ask whatever questions they wish. This is the public's chance to learn the truth about Area 51.

SPY PLANES OF GROOM LAKE (AREA51)
The Atomic Testing Museum, 755 E. Flamingo Rd., Las Vegas, Nevada

Wednesday, October 7: Meet and Greet former Area 51 workers, test pilots, engineers, etc. 10am-5pm. Area 51 historical overview by aerospace historian Peter Merlin at 2pm. Project Oxcart history presentation by Peter Merlin at 4pm. Area 51 Panel Discussion, moderated by George Knapp at 6pm-8pm.

Thursday, October 8: Meet and Greet 10am-3pm. Lecture on CIA projects Rainbow and Gusto and the design evolution of the triple-sonic A-12 spy plane by author Paul Suhler at 11am. Area 51 Panel Discussion moderated by author Annie Jacobson, 1pm-3pm.

Admission is $10 per person and FREE for Museum members. Museum admission is just an additional $5 for those attending this event. Books and souvenirs will be available for purchase at the Museum gift shop and from representatives of the CIA employee store. There will also be exhibits and book signings.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Its nothing more than a military stock room NOW. Were is the info. for the new version of A51??????

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Alright. I'll have to say that,at first, this so-called-area 51 declassification meeting was a spectacular idea. Not only are we going to be informed by various engineers who have stayed at one of the most secretive facilities in the world, but, the amount of trust we will start to have towards the government or whoever is behind the public declassification meeting of area 51 will greatly increase.
But then i started to observe the variables.
Think about it, has the government EVER told us any revealing information towards top-secret projects. No, they have not. Because they do not trust us. Look, I have a very vivid imagination, and not only that,but, i immensely attempt to believe in what most people call "unreal" or "impossible." So, when i see people getting all riled up over what they think is a real briefing about area 51, all i can say, is, tsk...tsk...tsk.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Alright. I'll have to say that,at first, this so-called-area 51 declassification meeting was a spectacular idea. Not only are we going to be informed by various engineers who have stayed at one of the most secretive facilities in the world, but, the amount of trust we will start to have towards the government or whoever is behind the public declassification meeting of area 51 will greatly increase.
But then i started to observe the variables.
Think about it, has the government EVER told us any revealing information towards top-secret projects. No, they have not. Because they do not trust us. Look, I have a very vivid imagination, and not only that,but, i immensely attempt to believe in what most people call "unreal" or "impossible." So, when i see people getting all riled up over what they think is a real briefing about area 51, all i can say, is, tsk...tsk...tsk.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
People always say they want the truth about Area 51. Most of them are lying.

They don't really want to know. When the truth is offered to them on a silver platter, they reject it as disinformation. If the facts contradict their preconcieved notions, they refuse to accept them.

Most of the responses to this thread have been negative: accusations of disinfo campaigns and paranoid rants about government agents trying to spy on citizens. That's fine because these idiotic resposnses at least kept the thread bumped up to the top so more people could read it.

I started this thread so that people with a real interest in the history of Area 51 would be aware of this unique opportunity to get the inside story.

Just 15 years ago, an event like this would have been unthinkable. Back
then I would have given just about anything to have a chance to meet people who actually worked at Area 51, to hear their first-hand stories, read declassified documents, and examine artifacts and memorabilia. Of course, I have been doing exactly that for quite a few years now but most of the general public has not. This is their chance.

A lot of people, myself included, have worked very hard to make this event possible. It's not just some rinky dink amateur show at somebody's mobile home "Research Center" or quonset hut "museum." This is being hosted by the Atomic Testing Museum, an affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution. The chief historian of the CIA, the agency that built Area 51, is participating in a discussion panel. This is unprecedented and should not be so cavalierly dismissed as it has been by some people.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
What I don't get is if there is all of this conspiracy how can you guys trust any information.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
We can trust information that comes from properly vetted sources. That is what made this event so unique. It gave the public access to bona fide sources of information as opposed to the usual BS peddlers who have muddied the waters so badly with regard to the nature of Area 51.

The event at the Atomic Testing Museum was a great success. Visitor turnout was high despite the fact that it took place during the week. The exhibit hall included tables where visitors could meet project pilots, command staff, mission planners, contractors, and support personnel, as well as several authors, historians, and webmasters. Display cases were filled with artifacts and memorabilia from Groom Lake including aircraft parts and display models; patches, coins, and mugs with unit and project emblems, pilot's flight gear, Area 51 security badges, EG&G aircrew wings, flown memorabilia, and other items. A photo display included many pictures of the base that had never before been seen by the public.

One presentation included an overview of the history of the Groom Lake base from 1955 to the present. Two others covered the development of high-speed, high-altitude stealthy reconnaissance aircraft and challenges faced by the designers. Some of the pioneers of low-observable technologies were present at the event. Two discussion panels allowed former Groom Lake personnel to tell some of their personal stories and respond to questions from the audience. Overall, the event provided an unprecedented view into the heart of America's most famous "secret" base.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Area 51 security badges

Really? I mean, do the badges really say 'Area 51'?

[edit on 14-10-2009 by Spinotoror]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yes, really. During the 1960s and 1970s, when the base was officially known as Area 51, security guards wore metal badges with the words AREA 51 SECURITY FORCE. You have to remember that the existence of Area 51 was never a secret. Initial construction of what was originally called Watertown Airstrip was announced to the news media in 1955. In the late 1950s and early 1960s, there were additional releases on Project 51/Area 51 following addition of the facility to the Nevada Test Site. Unclassified NTS maps continued to show Area 51 into the late 1970s when the Air Force took it over as Detachment 3 of the Air Force Flight Test Center.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

Yes, but they denied the existence of any base called 'Area 51' as it means. I don't know if Area 51 is a nick or something, though.

upload.wikimedia.org...

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Spinotoror]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The Groom Lake base was known as Watertown from 1956 to July 1958 when it became Area 51. When the Air Force took control of the facility in the late 1970s the operating location became known as Det. 3, AFFTC. The Air Force never used the term Area 51.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Alright, then. Thanks for telling, I didn't know that!

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Spinotoror]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
So i suppose you found NOTHING of interest..
Like ET crafts or stuff like that...

Would have been on the news world wide huu

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join