It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO: H1N1 Virus Has Not Mutated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

H1N1 flu has killed at least 2,837 people but is not causing more severe illness than previously and the virus has not mutated, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Friday.

The WHO is carefully monitoring the virus to detect any mutation which might signal that it has become more deadly.

"There is no sense that the virus has mutated or changed in any sense," WHO spokesman Gregory Hartl told a news briefing. "We are continuing to see increased number of deaths because we are seeing many, many more cases."

About a quarter of a million cases have been laboratory-confirmed worldwide, but this is far fewer than the true number according to the United Nations agency which has stopped requiring countries to report individual cases.

A WHO weekly statement on the latest strain, commonly known as swine flu, is expected later on Friday. The agency's previous update

News Source

So, if it hasn't mutated, then how will they get the 'sheeple' to take the vaccine?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

To play devils advocate for a moment, the fact that it has not mutated makes the current vaccine more efficatious.

If it had mutated, then the vaccine would have been worthless. And since this is a media generated pandemic, they probably had to have their scripts straight.

Primarily, vaccines create an immune response to the external receptors on the virus. Mutations, when they occur, change those external receptors.

It is the reason we have never found a "cure" for the common cold. It constantly mutates and no vaccine can keep up with the mutations.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Well, as far as I'm concerned WHO is selling us a load of crap. Here are four known incidents of swine flu mutations.

Brazil
London
Japan
Denmark

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

If that is the case, then this vaccine is as useful as screendoors on a submarine.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Learn another ti bit from our big pharma and their poisonous vaccine, it contains cancer cells from animals.

What big pharma is saying about his new additive on their vaccine? no a darn thing. After all is as safe as water.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
According to this recent update at the RSOE EDIS site, it has now mixed with the much deadlier avian virus, H5N1, in Egyt. Read about it here:

RSOE EDIS SITE

We will have to wait and see what develops from this, but it could very well be the next feared phase.

I for one have never had a flu vaccine and do not intend to get one. I wonder if the swine flu hitting the particular age group that it is BECAUSE of over-vaccination for the flu? I would be interested to see some charts on those hospitalized...so far as how many of them received flu vaccines vs those that have not, and their illness severity and recovery times/rates.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

This is very good news. I do hope that this is the only form of swine flu we have to endure, a mutation would be devastating.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I hope that the info on the RSOE site is incorrect. I have been trying to find another source to back it up and haven't come up with anything yet. They seem to be a reliable source though, and often the first.

Anyone else found anything on this???

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

It hasn't mutated yet. Yet.

I have a friend who is a paramedic for a city and county near where I live who says the conditions are ripe and long overdue for a die-off. He said the infrastructure alone, if this thing does mutate, will be what is to blame for the millions lost. He said they did a preparedness test and discovered that a local hospital could accommodate, get this, 30 additional beds. Thirty. And he isn't one to talk this way.

Bottom line: if it mutates and turns into a super-bug, most of us will be dead before we even have a chance to wait in line.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
According to this, it has not just mutated but combined with a very deadly virus. If this is true, it could very well be a 'super bug'. The Avian flu has a very high mortality rate but is hard to spread, the swine flu low mortality but spreads like wildfire.

RSOE EDIS NEWS BULLETIN

I work in a hospital and can attest to the fact that MOST facilities are poorly prepared and our infrastructure would crumble very quickly.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
According to this, it has not just mutated but combined with a very deadly virus. If this is true, it could very well be a 'super bug'. The Avian flu has a very high mortality rate but is hard to spread, the swine flu low mortality but spreads like wildfire.

RSOE EDIS NEWS BULLETIN

I work in a hospital and can attest to the fact that MOST facilities are poorly prepared and our infrastructure would crumble very quickly.

Um, that is just what I said my paramedic friend said. Although the information at the link you just provided tells plucky nothing. Do you have some other article we can access?

plucky

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Click on the Event Description tab and the Situation Update tab for more information.

BTW, what exactly is it about the four articles I cited that you and space cadet disagree with? I'd like to know for my own peace of mind.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Ah, clicky, thanks

A sample taken from a 28 year-old man who arrived at the port of Safaga from Saudi Arabia after performing Umrah [pilgrimage] has tested positive for [both] bird and swine flu [that is, presumably avian influenza (H5N1) virus and pandemic (H1N1) 2009 virus infections]. He was immediately detained and held in isolation in a hospital in Hurghada. Mohammad Rifai, director-general of preventative medicine, stated that this case is the 3rd in 2 days. [The other 2 are a 35-year-old Italian tourist also retained at the hospital in Hurghada and] another pilgrim, 30 years old, who has been detained in Safaga Central Hospital. Rifai pointed out that a sample from a 38-year-old citizen has tested negative. Another 2 cases have been detained in Mansoura fever hospital on suspicion of similar illness. 5 cases, including 4 children, suspected of having contracted "bird flu" infection [presumably avian influenza (H5N1) virus infection] have been detained in Mansoura Chest hospital.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I do not discount nor do I disagree with your dissemination of the four links. Did I say I did? I was responding to the one update from that other website that essentially says, as of 9/3/2009, that we a doomed.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

You said it hasn't mutated yet. WHO also said it has not mutated (the OP's article). But the four articles I posted said it has mutated. So I wanted to know why you were agreeing with WHO's latest claim instead of the four older articles. I'm curious if you know something I don't know is all. Sorry if I sounded harsh or accusatory, I'm just curious. Personally, I have no idea if it mutated or not. I've got four old articles that say it did and WHO and Fox News says it didn't. The four articles I posted seem like reliable sources to me. The only thing I am wondering about is if WHO and Fox News have an agenda in covering up these old reports, or if all four cases turned out to be false alarms after the articles were written. That would be some shoddy journalism if it were true. It's also possible that they mutated but were not serious mutations so they don't feel they were noteworthy. If that is the case, I still think it's a lie to say there were no mutations.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Sorry, my bad. I have ADD and sometimes/often skim a thread until I catch something that catches me...it had nothing to do with you not doing something right, I was just rifling through the thread and not really paying attention.

Your find is saying what my paramedic friend said is the worse-case scenario. This October/November shall be interesting indeed.

Stars for you.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'm having a heck of time finding anything else to confirm/deny the earlier post of mine from RSOE. Here is one other article that refers to it. It is the most recent one I can find, so I think perhaps the most accurate.

newst news article on mixed virus pts in egypt

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Any updates? If it is the super-bug, I need to go the store for chocolate and cigarettes and whiskey that I will need for 36 hours (minimum) of panic-sex.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Okay, I get it. No one here at ATS is concerned with the mutation, nor is anyone here interested in panic-sex. I get it.

Come on, people! We need feedback on this issue!

plucky

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So far, no new info. But in my searching I found this. It is even more disturbing than anything I have read on the flu subject.

journalist files lawsuit about organized gov movement against americans

I hope there is no truth to it

top topics

<<   2 >>

join