It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scared of the H1N1 Vaccine? You better not eat a pig

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has given several animal vaccine manufacturers the "master seed virus" from the swine flu strain now circulating among humans. At least one company, Pfizer, says it's developing a vaccination for pigs.

link

"The U-S Department of Agriculture has given several drug companies the H1N1 master seed virus.That will allow those companies to create a vaccine to be used on swineherds across the country"

link

"H1N1 isn’t yet present US pig herds, and the USDA has not required that hog farmers vaccinate herds against it. However, officials will encourage vaccinations in response to any US pig outbreaks."

link

[edit on 4-9-2009 by ddacunha]

[edit on 4-9-2009 by ddacunha]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
"However, officials will encourage vaccinations in response to any US pig outbreaks."

Those words sounds very familiar.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ddacunha

Jeez, makes me even more glad that I'm a vegan.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ddacunha

At the very least it would be wise to avoid eating pigs raised on industrial farms in Mexico. Pork has a high protien to calorie ratio and is not so loaded with fat. Sometimes I feel like I could cry if I see another chicken breast. Maybe independent farmers who raise heirloom pigs will be able to protect their herds from man made viruses.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by eradown]

top topics

join