It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Pictures: Icy Jellies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Hello all,

Take a look at this:

Scientists have published descriptions of a range of jelly-like animals encountered during submersible dives into the deep oceans of the Arctic. This deep red coloured Crossota norvegica was observed as deep as 2,600m...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/afe39890da7e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c097dae323e.jpg[/atsimg]

Source

Some of those jelly fish look alien!

Like I've said before, it just goes to show some of the weird and wonderful creatures living at the bottom of our oceans.

Wheres the conspiracy angle you ask?

Well I'm seeing strange pictures of previously unidentified creatures more and more everyday and the stranger creatures, it would seem, tend to live the deeper scientists go.

It made me wonder if our oceans are that large and deep then who knows what else could be living down there!

[edit on 1/9/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
To put it simply in 2 sentences may not be enough.

Mother Nature is a truly sublime artist in Her creation of beautiful creatures , to see such colourful wonders makes life more bearable as opposed to living alone in the greyness of Human existance.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
further, if such wonderful and varied life exists, and life first evolved in the seas how much longer has evolution worked on creatures we may never see.

perhaps intelligent life, or giant squid with rayguns!

or a whale that has a taste for farming colourful sea jellies....

ok im drifting here (:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

The background in the second picture looks like outer space with the sparkling stars. Could there be a connection between aliens living in the depths of oceans and those that may exist in outer space?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

we humans like to be on top of the world, thats y its unlikely any other living thing is permitted to step up.

though some animals have more senses and advances than we humans do. maybe in the future they'll make animals smarter to step up with humans but in 2nd place of course

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Whats really amazing that these creatures can keep their form while being subjected to the pressure of being deep under water.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
reply to post by Death_Kron

The background in the second picture looks like outer space with the sparkling stars. Could there be a connection between aliens living in the depths of oceans and those that may exist in outer space?

I thought the exact same thing!

Its crazy to think that second photo is of a jellyfish.

Interesting idea about a possible connection between whats below the oceans and whats there in outer space.

The jellyfish looks almost alien and as you said what appears to be stars in the 2nd photograph.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yay, I was hoping I would have a relevant place to put this one day. Thanks OP S&F.

MUST SEE!

[edit on 1-9-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Hello all,

Take a look at this:

Scientists have published descriptions of a range of jelly-like animals encountered during submersible dives into the deep oceans of the Arctic. This deep red coloured Crossota norvegica was observed as deep as 2,600m...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/afe39890da7e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c097dae323e.jpg[/atsimg]

Source

Some of those jelly fish look alien!

Like I've said before, it just goes to show some of the weird and wonderful creatures living at the bottom of our oceans.

Wheres the conspiracy angle you ask?

Well I'm seeing strange pictures of previously unidentified creatures more and more everyday and the stranger creatures, it would seem, tend to live the deeper scientists go.

It made me wonder if our oceans are that large and deep then who knows what else could be living down there!

[edit on 1/9/09 by Death_Kron]

Or up there? Our atmosphere is an ocean of sorts. Am I the only one who watched the "tether" vid from NASA and was reminded of a deep sea scene...or maybe the view one gets looking through a microscope at pond water?

If creatures exist, that are out of our physical sensory range to detect, how would we know? A creature that is so tenuous that it floats in the ocean of our atmosphere, might well be made of vibrations that are near to, but not quite at, the vibrations that make up physical matter as we know it.

All matter is standing wave forms...essentially field effects...that are bound together by as yet, not completely understood forces. It seems to me that that same kind of thing could occur just as easily at levels that we are not equipped to detect with our physical senses. Physics and math demand extra dimensions that operate like that. And everywhere we've looked in the universe, negentropy rules structure and form.

That creatures exist at tremendous pressures, implies to me, that creatures also exist at density gradients much higher as well.

Anyway....just my thoughts.

Thomas

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I love Cnidarians. They're so awesome. That second one (fourth on the slideshow) has the same sort of bioluminescence pattern as a comb jelly, it looks like. It looks like it might just be a new species of comb jelly, actually. It's a Ctenophore, so it actually is a comb jelly species.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Here's a "Rainbow Glow Jellyfish" that was found in March with an article specifically about it.

I don't personally think Cnidarians could survive in the atmosphere because all Cnidarians are aquatic. If you see one in your backyard though, let me know and I might change my mind.

join