It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Man Says He Has Mythical Chupacabra

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

I think that the creature from the legends has invariably got mixed up with the increase in attention at coyotes with mange. The illustrations I've seen don't look similar at all, they seem to resemble ETs. I think the terminology needs to be changed and "chupacabra" needs to stop being used to describe the mangey canines if there is reason to believe that a different chupacabra exists. Otherwise I think it's case closed.

Foof- That image I think it a coyote with mange. It's awfully familiar. At least the pictures of the body.

And everyone, again, MonsterQuest needs to make money and needs to guarantee future episodes. Keep it in mind, please.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Well it finally made the MSM tonight!!
Looks sorta like a coyote... I guess the y won't know till they get the blood tests back.

www.gather.com...

www.associatedcontent.com...

There are some pics as well!
Can't find anything on the KCAL9 website (not surprising) but they did cover it on the news tonight @ 10pm PST

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Numb2itall]

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Numb2itall]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Exactly, like the picture I said it looks like a black gargoyle really with red eyes. And then people say the coyotes are chupa chups. Only similaritie is that they 'suck the blood' yet no one has ever seen the dogs suck blood (how can they with no lips?)
Maybe the gargoyles kill the animals, the coyotes are seen nearby, people think they (illogically) did it...
Of course assuming they exist ^_^

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
hey people check this video out!
chupacabra found?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
the chupacabra is supposed to look like an alien!! why are all these dead dogs being passed off as chupacabras... these dead animals are not capable of sucking a goats internal organs out of its body!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I agreee. I just don't see how this critter could do what supposedly the real chupacabra does.

However, having said that....we may have discovered a new species of wild dog living in texas and mexico...and thats pretty cool, right?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
the chupacabra is supposed to look like an alien!! why are all these dead dogs being passed off as chupacabras... these dead animals are not capable of sucking a goats internal organs out of its body!

Actually that's a fairly recent internet perception of what the creature looks like. Images of it looking somewhat alien in appearance have been circulated in the past five years or so. The earliest descriptions were of a large rat/dog like goat bloodsucking vampire like creature not an alien...

[edit on 3-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
That is a dog. Not a goat sucker. Dogs cannot suck. I will wait for the DNA test that proves it is only a dog. How could a dog get tagged as a goat sucker? Maybe a goat biter or a goat chaser or a goat licker. Maybe a goat humper. But I do not think anyone would accuse a dog of sucking a goat dry of blood.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

It's definitely a strange animal I've never seen before.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

This is not anything like a chupacabra... this is a mexican type of dog called xoloitzcuintli.
These are ugly dogs already but very expensive because "Archaeological evidence shows that the breed existed in the New World for more than 3,500 years".

So... if you mix this dog with any other street dog that has been a decendant of ugly street dogs you get this....

peace!

link: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Peruvian Hairless (no hair)

Peruvian Hairless (with some hair)

Peruvian Hairless (napping)

Yet another Peruvian Hairless Dog.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Indeed!

These dogs have been around in Mexico and central america for a long time ( mayans and aztecs) really ugly dogs... and llike I said very expensive too...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
In all fairness to the "the Chupacabra is supossed to look like a Reptoid alien" folks...I would venture to guess that from a distance or short time of view a Coyote with mange or some new breed of canine with large fangs with an odd body frame with smooth skin (the real Chupacabra?) would possibly appear reptilian to some people. I think that until DNA tests can be preformed that nothing is for certain.

[edit on 9/3/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
There is 2 different types of chupacabra. Just had to weigh in again here.

The original creature spotted in South America over a decade ago was reported to be similar to a grey alien, plus red eyes, spines along it's back and an amazing ability to jump as if defying gravity.

Since animal mutilations have begun in North America through Mexico, Texas etc. the animal reported to be doing these acts is the same as the photos posted earlier in the thread. A hairless canine with large teeth and short front legs.

So please don't get the 2 different reports confused. They are both called the same thing, but appear to be 2 completely different occurrences.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Now he is stating that it is not a chupacabra and that he never claimed it was.

www.cnn.com...

"I don't know what it is. ... I do know that I have an odd animal," Jerry Ayer said Thursday.

He said word spread quickly that he was in possession of an unknown animal -- often speculated in his region to be chupacabras, or mythical creatures, he said. Soon, the local, national and even international media picked up on what he said could be a "genetically defective coyote."

"Chupacabra" roughly translates from Spanish to "goat sucker." Reported victims are said to have puncture wounds to their necks, supposedly where the chupacabra drained their blood.

"I don't believe in the chupacabra," Ayer said, adding that he's been in the midst of a "media blitz" -- receiving 50 phone calls from media outlets and citizens, as well as death threats late at night -- since word got out about the strange

EDIT:

He said Texas A&M University has taken tissue samples to determine exactly what it is, and other universities have also reached out to him.

WHOOP!

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Yea, I have always wondered how the "canine Chupacabra" would be able to suck blood... I just figured that since this is not the first time a odd canine-like animal has been caught doing activities commonly associated with the 'classic Chupacabra" that maybe all the goat sucking stories were somewhat exaggeratedd the goats or chickens or whatever were simply eviscerated

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by Aggie Man

Yea, I have always wondered how the "canine Chupacabra" would be able to suck blood... I just figured that since this is not the first time a odd canine-like animal has been caught doing activities commonly associated with the 'classic Chupacabra"

Not that I truly believe in any of this, but the animals were sound completely drained of blood, and the eyewitnesses describe a bi-ped with glowing eyes. I've heard of this for years, not just an internet rumor being circulated. I remember watching unsolved mysteries and reading books in like the 5th grade (im 28 now). I just don't think that a canine was the original 'chupacabra'... if there is infact, an original chupacabra.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I hope they find bigfoot next. That would trip me out.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It is a FELONY to place poison.

If my dog got loose, and wandered into my neighbors barn and drank some Freon, died a horrible, slow, and agonizing death................it would be go time !

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by A-Pac
I hope they find bigfoot next. That would trip me out.

I hope they find a Chupacabra. A real one.

<< 1    3 >>

join