It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Do If You Were In Charge?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

"Punishment" such as forced containment for a few days until they are no longer contagious?

How would you enforce any punishment you have in mind. After the fact for the deaths they may have caused or while they are contagious through containment to save lives?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Well maybe we can just put ANYONE that does not want the death shot in FEMA CAMPS!!!!!! HELL YEA!!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The reason nobody's playing your little game, is because your scenario, albeit hypothetical, is no more than a loaded question. Clearly you want people to respond with answers like:

If I was in charge, I'd restrict movement, arrest anyone that doesn't comply, force untested vaccines and approve of the government's right to nullify your constitutional freedoms "for your own safety".

All so you can say.."See? It's okey." I'm not buying it. You've already belittled someone for suggesting something other than FORCED action.

Myself? I'd prefer not to insult the intelligence of our citizens and still uphold the whole reason we have a government like we do...or did. See, I'd work for the people, not act like I was their god.

I'd make sure the MSM gave daily briefings to the population suggesting the many ways that they can protect themselves in an effort to minimize the death toll, as well as keep an open line with scientists and health care efforts should the urgent need to take further action be absolutely required. Only as a last resort, and with the complete approval of the majority would I enact punishable restrictions...period.

I would also threaten to hold responsible any media outlet that was found acting on behalf of any corporate interests and withholding any critical information that could otherwise save lives.

I would also immediately seek to cut through any red-tape, and create teams completely independent of any government agency capable of administering medical care for those voluntarily seeking it, until the main threat has passed.

But hey, I'm not a politician, I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninammam

Well maybe we can just put ANYONE that does not want the death shot in FEMA CAMPS!!!!!! HELL YEA!!!!

That is a strangely irrational answer?

What if a contagious person who refused to voluntarily stay at home or in a health facility infected one of your loved ones and they died. Would you still come up with such an irrational answer.

You should really read posts. One of the hypothetical conditions was that no good vaccine is available. This has zero to do with forced vaccinations.

- There has not been enough time to develop a safe vaccine due to the mutation and only questionable vaccines that may not work are available. Not enough doses are available even if it proves to work.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by Bunken Drum by a court of law.
Good answer
and a reasonable one. I in particular like the fact you left the final decision up to a court based on each situation. Of course we would need to come up with an emergency court that can rule immediately. The normal court system would be of little use when hours can mean more deaths.
Yeah, well the way I see it is that most people already know that politicians are the paid mouthpieces of corporate interests & if the bodycount really does get into mass-grave figures, nobody will trust their government to do whats in their best interest. So to put as much of any necessary emergency authority into the hands of the judiciary instead might instill a bit more public acceptance.
Same idea with not arresting people for non-compliance, unless they get really out of order. Just "here's a mask - wear it & go about your day".
Pushing people too hard @a time like this could be extremely counterproductive.
Yeah, we probably would need extra court facilities. I'd suggest restrictions on lawyers too so that rich people couldn't hog too much time before a court: like state your argument & shut up style.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

You are right. I'm trying to cause a debate.

We have thread after thread of irrational paranoia and rumors of forced vaccinations and internments in FEMA so called Death Camps.

When the States try to come up with a plan to deal with the scenario I propose instead of rational discussion we see more unfounded paranoia and criticism of those who will take the blame if they make an error.

Katrina taught us that they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Due to Katrina they set up locations to store emergency supplies in sensitive area's and what happens. They are labeled evil FEMA camps and people suddenly have knowledge we are all going to be rounded up and killed or worse with zero evidence.

How would you like to be trying to come up with a solution to this and make everyone happy? Would you ignore the irrational and paranoid people and act, or try to please them and put more lives at risk?

Please don't look at this as a loaded question as much as look at it as a debate to bring out the problems that may well be faced someday. Is the time to discuss it now before it happens or after it happens as we bury the bodies.

Go to an old graveyard. Go to the section where they buried all the children from the 1918 to 1920 Pandemic. I have done just that. I walked away with tears in my eyes after seeing all the little lambs on the headstones that were popular then.

This is real and even though it may not happen with this outbreak, it will happen again someday and there does not seem to be a plan in place. People are not really educated as to what to expect if it does happen. After the fact is a strange time to plan it seems to me and all the paranoid irrational nonsense in the world won't deal with this issue if it happens and it will happen someday.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Your Hypothetical questions is anti- this site. Most all people on this site don’t want your Government physiological answers you looking for. It’s a form of brain washing to make people “play the Hypothetical game” of making a decision to lock down, quarantine and maybe as far as “eliminate” the those people not abiding by “your law”

So when it really does happen(with sine flu) we’ve conditioned ourselves to accept that’s all the Government can do. B.S

You can’t play these types of games when we know the 2nd round of HIN1, a genetically engineered Virus (proven and confirmed) to about to hit us.

The tell tale signs are declaring a pandemic 6 before we have 100 deaths, when regular flu kills 10’s of thousands each year. CDC admitting on air that the Viruses is a mixture of 3 strains. Any idiot knows that virus do not mutate to mimic other strains.

Then we have all the laws being passed to force people to take the vaccine or be detailed. We have conference being held in Washington of how to deal with the Pandemic.

Its all staged and planned and sorry that I cannot play your Hypothetical Physiological game.

But I do have good advise!

The famous Chinese saying –to kill a snake you cut off the head !

To find the Culprit, follow the money and look for the rich White man.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum

...Pushing people too hard @a time like this could be extremely counterproductive.

That is a huge problem. Just seeing how people here are reacting to even discussing this is a window into what it might be like.

I admit I don't have any ready answers to all of this. I guess you make people aware that if they don't comply voluntarily and do the simple painless act of just staying home for a few days, they will be contained some other way and have only themselves to blame.

I look at the street people out my office window every day. Many are mentally ill and have no place to go or the mental ability to make rational decisions about something like this. I've never seen it even discussed how just that problem would be dealt with. People who have no homes to stay in and may well be mentally incapacitated in the first place.

Each day that passes it becomes more and more important decisions about this are made and made soon. I think the States are starting to wake up and that's why we are seeing action. Is it the right action? I don't know. Those who must decide have a heavy burden to bear.

I can see it going out of control on both sides of this coin. Both sides overreacting or acting irrationally due to fear. I see that as even more reason the rules are put in place now and the public is fully educated on what to expect. I hope they don't just bury their heads in the sand, but that is probably what will happen in many States or communities.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Well then i guess it has to do with prosecuting American Citizens if they should unknowlingly infect someone! Come on i have had the flu a few times in the past and i certainly didnt feel like going anywhere but in my bed!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SharkBait

The famous Chinese saying –to kill a snake you cut off the head !

Your solution of how to deal with a killer Pandemic is to kill the government! Amazing!

There are plenty of rational people on ATS discussing real conspiracies.

If you want a conspiracy I'll give you one. People who intend on ignoring voluntary quarantine requests and don't care about the victims of their folly. That is a genuine conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
If I were in charge?

I'd quit. Too much responsibility.

I'm more of an adviser/confidant than a leader. Advisers escape in the chaos; leaders get hunted down and executed.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ninammam

I did not post a thread about it, but I've already had this Flu recently.

I stayed home and as you said nobody had to tell me too. I'm in my mid-fifties however and it was very mild just as advertised. I could have easily gone to work, but I knew better. I have one employee who has a new baby less than two months old. Me, I'd never risk going in. I never even considered going in even though I did not know for sure which Flu I had until after it was over.

What if I were a low income worker who would suffer greatly from missing 7 to 10 days of work? Would I be as rational? Perhaps not. Might I keep silent and go into to work and maybe cause somebody's death? I just might. Would I be more likely to think twice before I did that if I knew I'd be held liable? I think so.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic
If I were in charge?

I'd quit. Too much responsibility.

Me too! Shhh, don't tell anybody I said that though

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I look at the street people out my office window every day. Many are mentally ill and have no place to go or the mental ability to make rational decisions about something like this. I've never seen it even discussed how just that problem would be dealt with. People who have no homes to stay in and may well be mentally incapacitated in the first place.

Yes it is pretty sad we have those conditions in America at all isnt it!
And then you have cops distroying their only means of shelter and treating them like animals NY gov. paying them to leave his state because they are so unsightly! For the families that have lost their homes and their lives you have cops destroying their tents the only shelter they have from the elements!!! And yes they are treated like animals instead of the valued lives that they are!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Well with the trillions the gov. had maybe they can finance some buisnesses to allow for a sick leave pay you know like all the stimulous checks that they sent all the prisoners!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I agree that there should be a volentary QUARRENTINE to ones home and a signature reflecting this, should apply!!! I for one do find this to be an alternative to the solution and will abide by it and also my family it is our responsability.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

You know what it is a flu for Gods sake no one is holding a loaded gun and trying to kill anyone!! A person being ill and passing it on does not warrent a court of law EVER!!! And if one of my family members got infected i have already advised them of the Vitamin D3 5,000 IU'S 1X Daily for their immune systems along with plenty of rest, and limiting sugar intake to be able to fight it. I have started mine also my husband my family members and friends to follow.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

It's easy to criticize all the decisions they make, but a whole other thing to make those decisions.

You BETCHA there are not to many AMERICANS that are NOT CRITICAL of A LOT of their DECESIONS!!! The CONSTITUTION STANDS NO MATTER WHAT!!! AMERICANS HAVE FOUGHT WARS DEFENDING IT!!! NOT ABIDING BY IT IS SAYING THEY ALL DIED IN VAIN!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

IF your scenario did play out that way, massive isolation/martial law.
Get the Nat'l Guard out. concentrate on areas hardest hit. Provide meds/food to those areas.
Find clean zones and start a triage assessment from there on individual sites.
Do the same thing, food/meds and triage father down the line.

Control
Assess
Treat

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join