It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids of China - Revisited

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great post. I've had an interest in the pyramids around the world for years and had never read much about the ones in China. There's a lot of interesting info here, thanks for posting this.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Durabys

These GODS FROM THE SKY that I hear at every turn is becoming very interesting and boring for me at the same time plus the fact that the chinese and india goverments are paranoid about a lot of "interesting" things:

It is more than coincidence that these huge pyramids showed up in Egypt, central America and China all at the same time in human history.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
A hell of a lot of hard work gone into this... well done my friend. Excellent presentation

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Yup, I'll go ahead and say it like everyone else.. thanks for the post. I first heard about the Chinese pyramids of Egypt on this forum and was hoping another more complete post would show up.

You made my week Zorgon. We may have to add a jewel or two in your avatar's crown for this one!

I recently watched the series "Magical Egypt" and the research done in the symbolism was amazing. What's so different about the Chinese pyramids is the organic nature. Meaning there is so much growth on them. Green and lush covered pyramids. That doesn't seem common and implicates a few thoughts that I'll verify soon enough.
An interesting note about the Gizacomplex is the construction underneath. The stone is different, harder, lacks the symbolism but is MORE weathered than the above construction which is protecting it. Also of note is how the typical construction of other structures were altered to GO AROUND previously built structures that were uncovered. One structure is in water that wasn't without water before the pyramids were built and doesn't match typical Egyptian styling.
This actually dates construction in the pyramid areas thousand of years earlier. Before the last ice age actually.

Going back to these Chinese pyramids.. how friggin old are they? What's the construction.. are there catacombs underneath many?.. can't wait to go back and READ the post links now as I wanted to say thanks before I went back to comb through. The pictures captivated me for the first round of inspection.

b

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day

"He said that there is no soil on hills or mountains so the farmers have to move dirt and create these mounds to farm on."

No offense to your father die_another_day, but if there existed "no soil"on the hills or mountains, what did the farmers move to create mounds upon which to farm on? What am I missing here?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Another feather in your cap Z! A lot of pictures and links to go through.

What interests me the most is the fact that there is virtually nowhere on the planet where a large civilization existed that does not have an example of pyramidal structures!

I would say that when we really start looking at other planets and moons for evidence of life, we should be on the lookout for pyramids.

s&f

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Nice post!

I really have to say the similarity between the pyramids in the uh X something region are really similar to the ones in Giza... makes me wonder if they are set up like that to map a constellation? Orion comes to mind...

Anyway I would also like to point out that there are "mounds" in the United States too
maybe something else to look into?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great post Zorgon

Now I have no excuses not to go and check out what's in my own backyard!

Xian's only 1 hour away by air - or thereabouts - from Chengdu (my current residence), and costs about $80 USD to get there. So perhaps I can provide an update of some sorts (subject to there being high level motivation and low-level laziness

S&F'd

[edit on 27-8-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Always a fascination with ancient pyramids and ancient cultures. China seems to have been able to keep much better records than others. I'd like to see a documentary on these also. So many put so much effort into threads that could also be documentaries in ATS media.

When I first saw these pictures, I wondered if these were related to any star charts. I also like to think of these as alien ship landing mounds. Hopefully, it wasn't like the Predator movie.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I love how you put so much information in your posts, great work my friend. You make ATS look even more professional.

S/F

and S/F x2304892 if it were possible

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
S and F.
Lots of effort, are you just showing us pyramids? Or is there a premise with aliens here?

They were burial mounds, which ones are you saying were not?
confused...sorry.

Are you referring to the "White Pyramid" or to all of them as not being burial mounds?

Or are you saying they are copies of the White Pyramid?

Can you summarize dot points what evidence leads Hausdorf to claim the Great White is of Extraterrestrial origin, if that is what you are presenting?

Or are you saying that White Pyramid” is the Liangshan Mountain, and you argee it holds the tomb of Emperor Gaozong?

looking forward to more

Loved it Zorgs!

[edit on 27-8-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Brilliant post and Research by Knight of the Red Dragon ! ive just printed it all off for Reference, thanks vmuch.

i met Hartwig Hausdorf on a coach 20 years ago, and Later used the Landsat and Quickbird satellites (before Google Earth days) to locate what seemed to be "his" Pyramids (near Xian Airport), tho the images were not so good, and area covered incomplete. Then we went on Expedition to China - 6 inland plane hops from Beijing Great Wall to YangPachen Tibet, via Shaolin Monastery (ZhengZhou), Xian, Mount ErhMeiShan Chengdu, etc, in search of "the Mysteries"

Xian airport is about 40 miles north of Xian, and the road out of it bears Left then south, but if instead you get the taxi to turn Right towards XianYang - a large "town" 30 miles the other way, you will soon drive past the "HsienYang" pyramid fields. As Hartwig said, the atmosphere in that area is very Smoggy and he had two trips wasted by lack of visibility. but luckily for us a Lot of pyramids were easily seen. Furthur on the Maoling Mausoleum was open to the "public" - tho almost nobody there except a few chinese, and we climbed on top of that, not realising it was the supposed "great White one", but it did not seem any bigger than others.

Using quickbird, i had been looking mostly 60 kmiles SW of xian in the remote "song shan" mountains. no roads or towns down there, so "visitors" had better take offroad vehicles, GPS, and hire help when u get near there, tho even Locals may not know what youre talking about, they just dont care about dead generals burial mounds, MaoTseDong put a stop to all such interests in "the past", and even ordered the Mounds to be planted with hundreds of trees to make them look like normal hills.

As i believe they are ALL just burial mounds (nothing to do with farmers piling the dirt up for their own use), and since chinese like number 4 (n,s,e,w etc etc), the choice of "pyramid" rather than Conical Mound is not mysterious at all. NO aliens involved ! if you want to WAIT - could be Long time knowing the chinese, there is one HUGE pyramid right in center of Xian, the emperor Chin Shi Huang ("chin" for Chin-na), which is Known to be stuffed full of Treasure (a contemporary poet wrote about it), but the included "Lake of Mercury" has poisoned the earth badly and Archaeologist hesitate to dig into it. But they HAVE lowered cameras into his tomb, and there is a Museum Reconstruction of it nearby the Warriors.

so the pyramids are "interesting", but only Primarily a testament to the Collosal EGOS of the emperors and Generals involved, and their ability to round up Thousands of Slaves to build them, hoping to achieve "Eternal Life" at the expense of the Slaves. but No hope of such Egos escaping after-life Retribution for all the suffering they caused, just like the Collosal EGOS of the egyptian Bast**ds "osiris" etc, who think Humans exist to help Them - rather than the other way round.

it is "the gods" (many of them, not just "one") DUTY to help Humans achieve Liberation, but unfortunately "the hierarchy" of gods (= Alien spirits) for millennia have struggled to SUPPRESS human achievement, not to Liberate anyone. WHY ? you SHOULD wonder. the answer is simple, tho quite the OPPOSITE answer to what the xtians have Contaminated the western world with : g/o/d (to use their simplistic concept) is the very "one" who CAUSED all the Suffering of Souls in the First great Cosmic Wars (nephilim and all that). and "he" is Most certainly NOT "perfect" NOR able to Clear up all the trouble he/they CAUSED.

So forget about "the devil" being all there is of evil, and Become Aware that g/o/d was - and still is (if youre foolish enough to Hanker after IT), the PRIMARY cause of evil. if you want Liberation and Enlightenment, youll have to break AWAY from >ALL< mental Engrams..

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterKaman

Then we went on Expedition to China - 6 inland plane hops from Beijing Great Wall to YangPachen Tibet, via Shaolin Monastery (ZhengZhou), Xian, Mount ErhMeiShan Chengdu, etc, in search of "the Mysteries"

Some interesting points raise MasterKaman. ErhMei Shan or at least the historic structures around it sadly suffered a lot of structural damage last year from the Earthquake. So you were lucky to see it before May 12, 2008. Some of it may never be replaced.

Originally posted by MasterKaman

Using quickbird, i had been looking mostly 60 kmiles SW of xian in the remote "song shan" mountains. no roads or towns down there, so "visitors" had better take offroad vehicles, GPS, and hire help when u get near there, tho even Locals may not know what youre talking about, they just dont care about dead generals burial mounds, MaoTseDong put a stop to all such interests in "the past", and even ordered the Mounds to be planted with hundreds of trees to make them look like normal hills.

Quite so. The lack of knowledge regarding their own history is very surprising. But as you mentioned, a certain historical figure is largely responsible for that. However, it is changing with better education being afforded to an increasing number - that's if you're middle class that is.

One thing to mention: the number "4" is not considered lucky by most Chinese. I think you're thinking of the number "8". The number "4" is pronounced as "Si" in Mandarin (or Putonghua as it is correctly called). The sound "Si" as with many words in Chinese, has other meanings. "Si" can also mean death - hence the aversion to the number "4" by many Chinese.

Just to let you know.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The diversity in threads!

But with that in common that they are so well done, guess that's why you are a legend Zorg.

Not much more to say right now than a big thumbs up!

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Jimea]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Hard to get good data on these... most of the websites are the old ones I saw in 2006 when I started this collection...

According to one entry in Wiki..

"There is a long history of building mounded tombs in China. dating back to at least the Shang-Zhou perod"

Shang and Zhou Dynasties: The Bronze Age of China

The long period of the Bronze Age in China, which began around 2000 B.C., saw the growth and maturity of a civilization that would be sustained in its essential aspects for another 2,000 years. In the early stages of this development, the process of urbanization went hand in hand with the establishment of a social order. In China, as in other societies, the mechanism that generated social cohesion, and at a later stage statecraft, was ritualization. As most of the paraphernalia for early rituals were made in bronze and as rituals carried such an important social function, it is perhaps possible to read into the forms and decorations of these objects some of the central concerns of the societies (at least the upper sectors of the societies) that produced them.

There were probably a number of early centers of bronze technology, but the area along the Yellow River in present-day Henan Province emerged as the center of the most advanced and literate cultures of the time and became the seat of the political and military power of the Shang dynasty (ca. 1600–1050 B.C.), the earliest archaeologically recorded dynasty in Chinese history.

www.metmuseum.org...

So that dates them to roughly 2000 BC...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
From THIS earlier...

The Chinese White Pyramid has been found
Sunday, 26 April 2009 16:31
by Maxim Yakovenko

The Russian pyramid investigator Maxim Yakovenko has visited several Chinese pyramid complexes and has finally been able to identify the legendary “White Pyramid” as the Liangshan Mountain, which holds the tomb of Emperor Gaozong. As such, decades of speculation and mystery have finally been answered.

Liangshan Mountain is located in the vicinity of Qiang Xian, a small Chinese town located 80 km to the northwest from Xi’an. In 684 AD, the second emperor of the Tang Dynasty Gaozong was buried at the bottom of the mountain with his wife the Empress Wu. She reigned after Gaozong’s death. When she died in 705 AD, her body was buried near Gaozong’s on Liangshan Mountain. It is the only mausoleum where two Tang monarchs were buried.

The Qianling mausoleum incorporates 17 attendant tombs, including the tombs of Princess Yongtai, Prince Zhanghuai and Prince Yide. Twenty stone sculptures guard the emperor and his wife from evil spirits and enemies. They line the way to the burial place, guarding it with unusual long swords. Behind the guards there is a reconstructed gate, built from clay, but finished with bricks. Next are two large statues of mythical monsters. Building the mausoleum and the inner chambers was an enormous accomplishment, but my research is primarily focused on the mountain where the emperor was buried, as this is the legendary White Pyramid.

Question is... is this natural or man made. The image above shows terraces and a steep straight angle. The rock appears to be limestone and since the area gets heavy rain and snow, the limestone would erode quickly...

While we decide that we can do a little tour...

The Great White Pyramid
Qianling Mausoleum
Qian Xian, China

Looking towards the Pyramid

Qianling / Shaanxi - Tumba de emperadora Wu Zetian by Jared J. Myers

View from the top looking down the Longest Way...

乾陵上远眺双乳峰 by oldwest

Coming down from the top... a view to the gates..

View from peak to south direction by Taveesak Sch.

Towards the gates...

Qian Ling, Shaanxi - Wu Zhe Tian's Tomb by Taveesak Sch.

The gates...

Gateway by Taveesak Sch.

The Longest Way...

The Longest Way by Taveesak Sch.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Many more pictures on Google Earth

34° 34′ 23.37″ N, 108° 13′ 6.94″ E

[edit on 27-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Sorry if this is off topic, but do you think there is a link between the pyramids in Egypt and China and the burial mounds found in Europe? Or is this just a coincidence?

Edited to add: Well done on the OP Zorgon and the pics in the post above are fantastic.

Also, S&F!

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Vilyariel]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The first image in your most recent post looks to my uneducated eye as though it is rutted, much like if carts or horses had travelled that road alot.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great job on this zorgs, S&F

I think that Qin Shi Huangdi’s tomb is really fascinating.
With the rivers of Mercury and his model of the Universe built into the tomb, we have the closest here, that we can get, towards the truths that the past civilizations were trying to convey to us.
The fact that most of the Pyramids of China weren't built by the Chinese, makes us ask who they were really built by.
IMO, they are the remains of a World encompassing network of Pyramids constructed by some advanced civilization, for what purpose we can only surmise.

China’s first emperor Qin Shi Huangdi’s tomb, with great treasures and wonderful craftwork inside, as it looked in 210 BC, year of his death. Construction began in 246 BC , and took 700,000 workers and craftsmen 38 years to complete.

Why haven't they been excavated??
Well the current breed of Chinese Archaeologists have stated that they haven't been allocated the funds and will leave it to future generations to do.
If we believe them that is.
We have seen the digging up of the terracotta soldiers so I think they just don't want the West to know what they have found, and are worried that we will find out that they didn't build them.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join