It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super flu fear as swine strain moves to birds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Super flu fear as swine strain moves to birds

TWO Chilean poultry farms are under quarantine after swine flu was detected in turkeys, the first case of the virus being found in birds, the nation's health ministry and US health officials said yesterday. Scientists are concerned the virus may combine with the H5N1 bird flu virus, making a more dangerous and easily transmitted strain. Avian flu has killed more than half the humans who caught it

Link to article.

So much for being a flu affecting swine and humans, must be the avian part of this trans genetic virus acting as a bridge to the birds. Hopefully there is no super flu anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

As I keep saying, the media is going to hype this until we are all nuts.

Relax.

In biology, the term vector may be used in different contexts:

Vector (epidemiology), an organism, often an invertebrate arthropod, that transmits a pathogen from reservoir to host
Vector (molecular biology), vehicle used to transfer genetic material to a target cell
Plasmid vector
Binary vector, a cloning vector used to generate transgenic plants
Cloning vector
Expression vector, a plasmid specifically used for protein expression in the target
Shuttle vector, a vector (usually a plasmid) constructed so that it can propagate in two different host species
Viral vector, a virus modified to deliver foreign genetic material into a cell
Vector (dispersal), an organism that carries and disperses reproductive structures (e.g., seeds, spores, or pollen) of a different species.
Pollinator, the biotic agent (vector) that moves pollen from the male anthers of a flower to the female stigma of a flower to accomplish fertilization

Thank you Wiki.

This is a natural occurence. Nothing to get worried about, in my humble opinion.

Mike "the swine flu voice of reason" Russell

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
People will look back and realize this is important news.

Starred and flagged.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was 24 hours ahead of the news, apparently. As I said in the above linked thread, THIS is the H1N1 news item which should be front page news, not the nonsense the MSM has been using to fear monger lately. The fact that we could see H1N1 open the door for a virus with a 60% mortality rate combined with a 50% contraction rate is a legitimate, this ought to scare the bejesus out of everyone, news article. I believe the main reason it has been essentially unreported by the MSM is because of the fact that any vaccine created to stop H1N1 will do absolutely NOTHING to stop a mutated combination of H1N1/H5N1. The MSM only likes to scare people when they can point at government officials and portray them as saviors of man... they don't like to scare people and then say "and there isn't a blanking thing we can currently do to save you all."

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
A very bad thing for Humans....

Let us hope this genetic mish mass of a virus doesnt get more lethal!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I would suggest that those of you who believe in magic, prepare your potions and remedies. There will be many sick folks begging for your tonics.

For those who don't believe in magic, move along. The next shot should cure you of all doubt.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I am glad you posted it, I didn't notice because of the title I searched was different, however it's more important that this news gets out anyways. This simply shows that the virus is moving in a direction that does not bode well for humanity.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
I would suggest that those of you who believe in magic, prepare your potions and remedies. There will be many sick folks begging for your tonics.

For those who don't believe in magic, move along. The next shot should cure you of all doubt.

I am going to choose to believe you were endorsing the vaccine, rather than being overly sarcastic.

Lets take a moment.

Lets say, that this new flu mutation is absolutely deadly. You seem to believe that getting the vaccine is the best option as, "magic potions" will be ineffective.

The only problem with your statement is the fact that the vaccines you will be receiving are for a DIFFERENT FLU! This means that they will offer you absolutely no protection from the deadly flu, and not only that, will MOST DEFINITELY come with a large amount of dangerous side effects.

So not only would it do nothing against the deadly flu, it *could* work against you.

So if it plays out this way, you better hope you have a damn good immune system. Which if you don't they can be built or buffed using nutritional supplements, no magic required. In the end, this will be your only hope. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
damn it.

pretty sure I heard something along this line from bill deagle, like a week ago.

what to do...

top topics

join