It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncle Sam will pay you $50 to get the shot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
BlueCuddle just brought this to my attention, and I think it is worth a peek.

Residents can get $50 for swine flu shot

With the cash for clunkers program now kaput, Uncle Sam is offering a smaller cash incentive in Somerville and nine other US cities.

The federal Center for Disease Control (CDC) is hosting a swine flu forum on Saturday at the Center for Arts at the Armory on Highland Avenue. The event is open to 100 residents, and those who preregister will receive a $50 stipend.

The forum runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday and includes a catered lunch. Residents will join focus groups throughout the day, discussing a possible swine flu vaccination program nationwide and other strategies for containing the pandemic.

Boston.com link
The article doesn't specifically mention that the flu shots will be part of the forum, but the title does. Either way, it's a frigtening tactic. Who can resist free lunch and money for nothing more than a shot and a couple hours time?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I dunno.. I don't think they have the 1.5 billion $$$'s right now they would need to pay the U.S. 50 bucks to get a shot. But there is nothing there about getting the shot, just info about it, far as I can tell. It's not *that* frightening for a tactic, imo. If this program rolls out across the entire U.S., then I truly would suspect an agenda.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
yeah, well, my wife would probably pay twice that to have me neutered, but that's just not good enough reason.

The very fact that someone would pay you to get an injection - does that not stink to high-heaven?

I never would have thought this before, but there must be something wrong with their shot.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by dooper]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
yeah, well, my wife would probably pay twice that to have me neutered, but that's just not good enough reason.

The very fact that someone would pay you to get an injection - does that not stink to high-heaven?

I never would have though this before, but there must be something wrong with their shot.

You're making too much sense. stop it.

It sure does seem to me, as well, that if this was known to be the 'fix' for something deadly, that folks wouldn't need any motivation other than their 'health.'

What they're not telling you is that it'll put you in a new tax bracket and your Income tax is going to go up by a couple grand.

(were you serious about never thinking that before?)

Edit to flip a parenthesis. (dork)

[edit on 25-8-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
KSPigpen - you're reading my mind.

I know the article doesn't actually make it clear if the shots will be disbursed at these "forums", but the title says it. I have to think the title came from somewhere (that perhaps got edited out of the article).

I don't care if the incentive is milk and cookies in exchange for a shot - if there is any hint of "bribery" to get this (or any) shot, then there's something seriously wrong with that picture.

join