It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Companies should prepare: severe swine flu outbreak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Companies should prepare for a severe swine flu outbreak.
That's what U.S. officials are saying.

Aug. 19 (Bloomberg) -- Companies should prepare for a severe swine flu outbreak, with plans to send sick workers home and maintain essential operations when parents have to stay with their children, U.S. officials said.
Swine flu symptoms already have forced employees to miss at least a day of work at 72 percent of U.K. businesses, according to a survey published today by the London-based law firm Eversheds LLP. Almost four in 10 employers said they expect to lose revenue if the pandemic escalates, and 41 percent of the 429 companies surveyed had no contingency plans in place.

If you run a business make a plan, because you will be in trouble if you don't.

“We already face much economic uncertainty, and a flu outbreak is a very scary prospect,” said Gary Locke, U.S. secretary of commerce, in a televised briefing today. “The key is for every business to put in place plans to continue to operate with a severely reduced workforce. Each company, each business, each industry varies.”

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. I don't see anything particularly alarming or surprising about this honestly.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
More like get a grip on reality. Then quit swallowing propaganda so readily.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
I don't see anything particularly alarming or surprising about this honestly.

Except, for the message it is sending to our EMPLOYERS!

Now, I guess we'll have to deal with on-the-job pressure to get the whole family vaccinated!

Actually, it's pretty smart. Create the urgency to be vaccinated; first in the media; second, in the schools; third, with your employer.

If all of the media alarm and mandatory student vaccinations doesn't get you to the clinic, then perhaps your employer will! That is, if you want to keep your job.

join