It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside Alaska's Area 51: HAARP Facility

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Just another thought for you... The 5 3600 hp generators are going to heat up the ionosphere so much that they can effect the weather any where in the world?

That's not a lot of power when you compare it with how much energy the sun emits. I'm sure that the energy from the sun hitting the ionosphere is hundreds if not thousands more times as powerful.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Not to nitpick, but HAARP uses HF, as in shortwave, not ELF.

They did a moon bounce from HAARP, though I never heard the echo. Here is one recording I found on youtube
HAARP moon bounce

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by emsed1

Not to nitpick, but HAARP uses HF, as in shortwave, not ELF.

They did a moon bounce from HAARP, though I never heard the echo. Here is one recording I found on youtube
HAARP moon bounce

Hi Gariac,

Just to nitpick, you're right it uses HF, but it's effects on the ionosphere can create secondary ELF and is key to it's research agenda.

Can HAARP be used to generate ELF?

Yes. However, the HAARP facility does not directly transmit signals in the ELF frequency range. Instead, ELF signals are generated in the ionosphere at an altitude of around 100 km. Frequencies ranging from below one Hz to about 20 kHz can be generated through this ionospheric interaction process.

Source - HAARP Offical Website

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AK49er
Hmmm, interesting. I've heard of the HAARP facility, but not of the one on the island. But I've also heard of a highly-guarded area up North in the Brooks Range. No fly zone, maps of the area are blacked out, and I think they are supposed to be digging for something there...thats the one that interests me the most. It's been discussed on here a little.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not to mention all the other military bases around. I've been told we have up here 26 nukes as well. Close proximity to the Ruskies, of course.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by AK49er]

Is this "no fly zone" just something you heard, or is it something you can show us on aeronautical charts or NOTAMs?

I have flown in Alaska and have heard of no such area, or have seen any such thing marked on charts.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
double post...

[edit on 20-8-2009 by firepilot]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Just another thought for you... The 5 3600 hp generators are going to heat up the ionosphere so much that they can effect the weather any where in the world?

That's not a lot of power when you compare it with how much energy the sun emits. I'm sure that the energy from the sun hitting the ionosphere is hundreds if not thousands more times as powerful.

yes, but you see, that is thinking logically about the laws of physics, such as conservation of energy. HAARP conspiracies, are anything obviously but logical. People just use HAARP as a catch-all for most anything they do not understand, sort of like how chemmies are with aircraft contrails and cirrus clouds.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by stratsys-sws

How strong are the ELF signals generated using HAARP?

Under optimum conditions, signals generated using ionospheric interaction techniques may be measured in the tens of pT range and tend to be strongest at frequencies around 2 kHz.

I don't know what to make of this since the units (pT) are not proper for radio waves, but rather a magnetic field. This makes me doubt a scientist wrote the FAQ.

In any event, HAARP puts out RF, and the other effects are secondary. For instance, if HAARP generates it's own "northern lights", you wouldn't call HAARP a photon generator.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Hi Gariac,

Yeah I agree with you, but secondary creation of ELF waves is a function the transmitter was designed to achieve, therefore you could say that it is designed to transmit ELF even if it is via a secondary process, kinda like a CRT using electrons to cause flourescence on a screen, albeit in an open system.

I see your point about the units but Tesla is an SI unit and I guess as a physicist who is dealing primarily with magnetic flux density in the Ionosphere they are fine using Tesla as a unit, especially with regards to ELF, but I guess they should use v/m?

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sd7000
I don't know. When I was in the Air Force a Captain told me about it. Its highly classified and its on an island. I heard there are alot of security personel posted there. Also I heard that it was really cold. He said they were up there to guard something, but he didn't say what.

Are you referring to Shemya Island out on the end of the Aleutians?

The Air Force and contractors run the Cobra Dane radar there.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Personally, i think if anything that secretive or nefarious was going on there, it would have more than the generic "Warning" sign. Like say, "Deadly Force Authorized" maybe? Not to mention their version of the "camo dudes" making their presence known.

You'll see that generic "Warning" sign on most any military base perimeter fence.

I did like the MSDS binders pic though. Then the caption, "the flow of information is tightly controlled"...good chuckle...

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by stratsys-sws

V/M is a field strength. I'm not sure that would make sense here either, unless it was the field strength of the ELF at the surface of the earth.

This Stanford abstract also uses pT as the unit. I can only guess it is the crest of the magnetic portion of the wave.
haarp ELF

more detail here

This paper indicates the measurement is at the surface of the earth. The ELF signal is made by modulating the HF signal with square waves, which I interpret to be on/off keying of the HF carrier.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I just checked the areas vfr aeronautical chart and see no flight restrictions for the entire area. There arent any tfr's posted either.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Martinez

I would expect they file TFRs when HAARP is active, but I have never searched the area for NOTAMs. For all the harping about HAARP, I don't think they run it much. It's pretty hard for HAMs or SWLs not to miss it's operation.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

People just use HAARP as a catch-all for most anything they do not understand, sort of like how chemmies are with aircraft contrails and cirrus clouds.

Hate to break it to you, but the chemmies have already morphed HAARP into their "theories" too.

Wait, I'll find an example....

here: The Chemtrail Phenomenon

It's a long thread, but the OP brings HAARP into it, eventually.....

[edit on 24 August 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Oh weedwhacker please don't bring that rubbish in to the realms of sensible discussion.
I know it's not you that's suggesting Haarp has anything to do with 'chemtrails' but even posting a link to them within this topic will doubtless bring all those nuts in here to railroad the thread!

Gariac, I agree with you, it seems they are looking at field strengths at the surface of the earth in order to give relevance to the effects of the ELF when compared to natural phenomena?

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Thats a very interesting find, I wonder if any of this technology will ever be used to help mankind instead of just using it for war?

Nice

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by duble0peter

Yes, hopefully someday we will be ushered into a higher realm of intelligence... until then we can only speculate on what the intentions of the military are with such technology.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Excellent video link. Video is called "Angels Still Don't Play This HAARP"

video.google.com...

It has been my experience that we are all feeling the effects of HAARP

We are all hearing "the buzz" and feeling varous degrees of high strangeness.

Particularly in America we are a country that is centered on "profit", "money is your god" (where have you heard that phrase before)?

We are not a country for the people and by the people. If we were we would have health care and jobs for everyone.

We are a warmongering bullyish country I will grab your oil, use most of our earth's resources and the hell with everyone else.

We are a country that for the most part, practices service to self vs service to others.

HAARP probably (I don't have inside info) used for military applications - Look at it - it looks ominious.

I believe that HAARP is used for mass "mind conditioning" of the population as well as controlling weather. This alone determins who gets rain for their food crops and who doesn't. Control the food, the information and the economy and you control the people.

We're messing with Mother Earth and eventually she is going to get sick and tired of us and shake us off like the fleas that we humans are.

If mankind does not change from the savage ape that he is we as a species will not progress we will go the way of the dinosaur.

We are still making war and using our high tech not for peaceful and healthful purposes but rather military purposes. That must change. If we progress as a species with high technology but leave our "humanity" behind than we are no longer "human".

HAARP is a weapon a high tech ominious weapon.

What we do onto others we do onto ourselves for we are all interconnected like drops of water within the ocean - and god is the ocean

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dallas18

HAARP is innocent of all those things! It was making me a perfect cup of tea at the time.

And it did not shoot JFK either. Honest! Poor lickle antenna array, gets blamed for everything this days! You'd think before HAARP there was no wind or rain or snow or volcanoes of earthquakes or aurora or stars or moon or whisky ........

Anyway, this is what HAARP is really about - as opposed to what people like to fantasise it's about.

btw it could be argued that the likes of HAARP have replaced gods for some people - a catch all explanation for all the natural phenomena they otherwise cannot explain. Interesting thought.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Essan]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
HAARP was used in Moscow this fall...i saw on russian tv how they used it at the Red Square... It was over an month ago... they said it was to prevent the weather from snowing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join