It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Israeli Mermaid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

According to numerous eyewitnesses, the mythical sea creature looks like a cross between a little girl and a dolphin, and only comes out at sunset. "People are telling us they are sure they have seen the mermaid and they are all independent of each other," said Natti Zilberman, a local council spokesman.

The creature, according to the fast-growing local legend, performs a series of acrobatic tricks before disappearing beneath the Mediterranean waves.
link

One of the first people to see the mermaid, Shlomo Cohen, said, "I was with friends when suddenly we saw a woman laying on the sand in a weird way. At first I thought she was just another sunbather, but when we approached she jumped into the water and disappeared. We were all in shock because we saw she had a tail."

The sightings apparently began several months ago.
link

A cool story, one wonders how much it has to do with tourism in comparison to reality but I remain open to the possibility. There are after all many legends from cultures that surround the Mediterranean regarding 'fish like' beings.

I wonder, is anyone aware of accounts of this creature or others like it in the area?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

please continue the discussion in the thread linked above.

join