It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wolf Blitzer on CNN wonders "how we can force people to straighten out lives"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

BLITZER: Well, this is a subject very close to Dr. Gupta's heart, as we know.

Sanjay, what can we do, because so much of the -- the medical costs would go away if people just listened -- they exercised, they ate properly, they didn't smoke -- the things that everyone knows they have to do, but people still do it.

What can the country do to force people- to get people to just straighten out their lives, because billions and billions of dollars would be saved and their lives would be -- they would live a lot longer?

I really have to wonder if these guys listen to themselves? They say stuff like this and wonder why they have screaming protesters at town halls. Does he realize hes a so called journalist that is on air advocating ways to force people to conform to government health regulations?

The media has become a big part of the problem. People really just need to stop watching it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
wow. yeah this sheep mentality.

JUST MAKE THEM DO IT! YEA! THATLL WORK! NOTHING WRONG WITH WAKING UP JOE AT 6 AM TO GO JOGGIN. DONT WORRY THAT WE WOKE HIM UP WITH A TASER BECAUSE THIS IS THE 3RD TIME HES BEEN LATE!

i swear. what is going on!!???!?!?!?!?!?!

[edit on 8/13/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

And, in my opinion, Wolf Blitzer is one of the few remaining "journalists". If he is making these types of mistakes, or generalizations, journalism is doomed.

Geraldo used to be a laughing stock, but now he is probably the most credible guy on TV!

I still say Walter Cronkite was lucky to have gone when he did! He probably would have had to kill himself if he watched very much of our current media!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

We should watch the media because the longer they talk the more they reveal where this agenda ultimately leads. This is why the liberal mentality is so dangerous. You see what Wolf said is really just the next logical step in all of this. First it is universal healthcare, then everyone looks at the cost, and says hey we could maybe make this cheaper if everyone stopped smoking, lets ban cigarrettes... oh alchohol, ban it, or junk food, ban it, oh soda, ban it... Of course, it will all be done under the guise of being for our own good. It is the slippery slope of liberal thinking that says we know what is best for everyones personal life and we are smarter than everybody so lets just make them behave.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HotDogNoBun

Interesting assessment.

Perhaps I should go max my credit line soon and just buy cartons upon cartons of cigs, tons of sugary foods/candy, and tons of soda.

This way after it gets banned, I can open a black market operation and make mega $$$.

Hey, gotta make ends meet somehow in the brave new world!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

See as we discuss this more, like Wolf did with the panel of doctors last night, you start to see how this will span into totally ridiculous, counter productive legislation.

So eventually we will end up having a War On Sweets! It will cost billions and many will die, but it will be for our own health and to reduce health care costs. You watch, and when it comes true you can call me Nostradmus, jr.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Ironically, if people did stop consuming unhealthy junk food, soft drinks and toxic pharmaceuticals, Wolf would be out of a job because the companies who manufacture these goodies are major advertisers on CNN. Oh, the hypocrisy of it all.

"What can the country do to force people- to get people to just straighten out their lives, because billions and billions of dollars would be saved and their lives would be -- they would live a lot longer?"

Is he saying that people living longer and to an older age would save money for healthcare system? How so? Last time I checked, most people require expensive healthcare treatment when they get older. We'll be back after this short commercial break.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
now that im thinking about it...

isnt oxygen a corrosive gas? i mean thats why iron rusts, or copper gets that green stuff on it right?

well regardless of how much you need it, ITS BAD FOR YOU, and we (the government) are against anything that is bad for you, sooooo.......

we will need you to stop breathing effective immediately...

dont even think about it!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
what would happen when the government figures out its bad for us too?

hmmm talk about a breakdown of logic...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

Yeah, its obviously a very slippery slope that should set off all kinds of alarm bells. What is most disturbing is the way these guys discuss how to force people in to their vision what people should be. They act is if they are arbiters of all that is right. The can of worms they're opening, doesn't even occur to them.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
edition.cnn.com...

BLITZER: Well, this is a subject very close to Dr. Gupta's heart, as we know.

Sanjay, what can we do, because so much of the -- the medical costs would go away if people just listened -- they exercised, they ate properly, they didn't smoke -- the things that everyone knows they have to do, but people still do it.

What can the country do to force people- to get people to just straighten out their lives, because billions and billions of dollars would be saved and their lives would be -- they would live a lot longer?

I really have to wonder if these guys listen to themselves? They say stuff like this and wonder why they have screaming protesters at town halls. Does he realize hes a so called journalist that is on air advocating ways to force people to conform to government health regulations?

The media has become a big part of the problem. People really just need to stop watching it.

The notion of one living their own life, to their own choosing, is no longer respected. Much of this can be laid on the doorstep of the insurance industry, who see that controlling how we live as a means to having to pay out fewer claims.

If you don't mind a personal experience; I was recently standing in line at a local Fred's store and the person in front of me was buying cigarettes. The lady making the purchase was slow (and so was the cashier). A male voice from behind me spouted: "If you didn't smoke, I would already be on my way home!" The woman checking out retorted: "Without assholes like you, I wouldn't need to smoke!"

Mr. Impatient didn't say another word.

join