It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an ARCHAEOLOGICAL COVERUP going on in New Zealand?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
.but even the chief of the biggest tribe in NZ has said they were not here first,what say you about that?I guess he is just a liar to,with a whole list of agenda to say such things huh.

Yep, he's a liar

As for the stories of people before, there is no evidence of anyone in Aotearoa, prior to Pakeha other than Polynesians. As there were successive migrations this is entirely acceptable, but for 'pre-Maori' (as we know the various Iwi now) there is no evidence.

Whenua means land. That doesn't tie in with your mistranslation.

Being in a motorcycle gang does not give you kudos as a proponent of history, why even bring it up?

There is a lot of wishful thinking in this thread, but no evidence. Hearsay is not evidence.

Once again, the pollen record does not indicate a pre-Maori 'civilisation' and either does the landscape, despite people's claims of pyramids, 'beehive huts' and the like.

There are deep racist undertones to suggestions made by Doutre et al.

Oh, and Marduk isn't a 'dickhead' mate. Just because you disagree with him and he challenges you doesn't make him that. Stop projecting.
edit on 28-1-2016 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2016 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki
I mentioned the gang thing because itis an indicator of how much time I have spent with maori,getting to know the people and the customs...wasnt trying to gain kudo's...whatever that means buddy.
And once again,i couldnt give a rats rubber ring about doutre and his celt claims,thats not the point I have been trying to make.
And if you had read,maori have always said there were people here before them......just because there is no proof doesnt mean its not true.
[snipped]

edit on Thu Jan 28 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
sorry man,that link is not credible.....of course they will call him a liar cause it opens a can of worms for maori doesnt it,lol.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Just wish to make a quick wee point here:

There's no way I'd ever wish to - nor in any way be seen to - make any definitive statements of *truth* for Maori as a collective.
Heck you wouldn't catch me trying to do so either when it comes to the increasingly more condensed and at times contradictory 'histories/mythologies' held within my specific Iwi, hapu or whanau.

All Iwi/Hapu/Whanau hold their own.
There may be similarities for sure...but there's a raft of differences too.

I'm just one Maori.
Sure...a very direct tuakana descendant of our Ariki (me nga Ariki i mua/and those paramount chiefs before)...but still I wouldn't view even that as providing me any real impetus to claim *truth* onbehalf of my Iwi/Hapu/Whanau...let alone the far greater cultural concept of 'Maori'

Chur.
edit on 28-1-2016 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

sorry man,that link is not credible...

Oh, the palpable irony...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

sorry man,that link is not credible.....of course they will call him a liar cause it opens a can of worms for maori doesnt it,lol.

No it doesn't, that's just what you want to believe because you don't have any real evidence, so you're clutching at anything that you think supports you
Even when it doesn't

What can of worms are you expecting if it turns out that someone lived in New Zealand before the Maori ?
can you explain that, because I don't think a lot of people here know what you are actually talking about.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Can of worms. Yes, it does open a whole new can of worms does it not?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols
sure would

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Not really. It's the same old tired revisionist wishful thinking that has been going on for ages, hanging around like a drunk uncle (Uncle Bully) at a party...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

No it doesn't, that's just what you want to believe because you don't have any real evidence, so you're clutching at anything that you think supports you
Even when it doesn't

What can of worms are you expecting if it turns out that someone lived in New Zealand before the Maori ?
can you explain that, because I don't think a lot of people here know what you are actually talking about.

Many of the Maori fellas I knew told me that the Moriori people were living on main land NZ before them. One Maori tribe killed them all, it's well known but many Maori people seem to turn a blind eye or are very dismissive towards it.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparta
there you go marduck....more evidence that apparently doesnt exist.......take a break from trying to debunk something you know nothing of

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Actually, it's well known about the Moriori. Canterbury Museum even has an exhibit about them. Perhaps if you're ever in Otautahi/Christchurch you might like to check it out.

You could look upon the Moriori as one of the successive Polynesian migrations to Aotearoa/New Zealand.

Tell me, why do you think there is information being suppressed/destroyed etc?

What would the purpose be?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
so are you saying the moriori were here before maori?
you and I both know what would happen if the truth came out,dont play silly buggers man.
Remember the tuhoe being caught with military grade weapons a few years back? Why would they be making videos of masked men with weapons in the middle of the bush......and didnt tama iti do jail time for being found guilty of it?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Sparta
there you go marduck....more evidence that apparently doesnt exist

Yes, it doesn't exist to the extent that they are so well known that wiki has a page on them

en.wikipedia.org...

Laughable

I'd also like to point out that for something to be debunked, it actually has to have some evidence.

Do you have any evidence yet apart from your imagination and that which you've quote mined from Celtic New Zealand website ?
edit on 28-1-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk
mate do you have a problem with thinking.....I know they existed,and maori say they were here before them....and you go posting the obvious....i dont get your train of thought man,thats whats laughable to me.
You say there is no evidence of people here before maori,and now you say there was...make your mind up fella lol

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

so are you saying the moriori were here before maori?

No.

you and I both know what would happen if the truth came out,dont play silly buggers man.

I want you to say what you think would happen. As far as I'm concerned the truth is out,. so entertain me...

Remember the tuhoe being caught with military grade weapons a few years back? Why would they be making videos of masked men with weapons in the middle of the bush......and didnt tama iti do jail time for being found guilty of it?

What's that got to do with this topic?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
for the tenth time mr cant read...i dont believe celts ever made it here,and i didnt say that at all,my point is someone was here before maori...do you comprehend at all

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join