It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Gvt To Install Surveillance Cams In Private Homes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

www.express.co.uk

THOUSANDS of the worst families in England are to be put in “sin bins” in a bid to change their bad behaviour, Ed Balls announced yesterday.

The Children’s Secretary set out £400million plans to put 20,000 problem families under 24-hour CCTV super-vision in their own homes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.prisonplanet.com

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
My apologies if already posted, or if this doesnt fit breaking news for some, but i feel this is a violation of our privacy (no matter how bad some parents are) in the UK and really needs some attention. I will not be affected by this and i understand some people are bad parents, but to put cameras inside their homes?

This made me think of Orwell's book 1984...

If this happens how long before a couple of hundred thousand people are labelled bad parents?

www.express.co.uk

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I smell a new reality tv show in the making.

Coming next summer on fox. How not to treat your kids.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
If this is even true, than the UK is terminally retarded now.

I have plenty of more rants but I think my initial statement covers the bases fair enough.

You know who is actually behind this cameras in your house scheme? Peeping Tom the pervert.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I was just wondering in another CCTV thread about 2 weeks ago how long it would be til they installed cameras directly into the homes of "bad parents" I wonder if they heard me

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Can we put cameras in the houses of "Bad Bankers" or "Bad Monarchs"?

How about "Bad Representatives" or "Bad CEO's"?

Why not?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
"Good morning Mr. Orwell, you're looking younger every day!"

The UK is heading down an increasingly dark and twisted road to an Orwellian nanny state that's drunk with its own power and sense of "righteousness." Its population is the proverbial frog in the big-brother pot, slowly being cooked.

Loathsome.

(edit for punctuation)

[edit on 4-8-2009 by gottago]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sloppy

www.express.co.uk

THOUSANDS of the worst families in England are to be put in “sin bins” in a bid to change their bad behaviour, Ed Balls announced yesterday.

The Children’s Secretary set out £400million plans to put 20,000 problem families under 24-hour CCTV super-vision in their own homes.

Related News Links:
www.prisonplanet.com

No, no, no, no, NO!

This cannot be allowed to happen, this is the line and they are an inch from crossing it.

People really must stop this from happening, giving any government an inch with this sort of policy will soon become a mile before you know it.

Anyone ever had a dream that they were sure was real, woke up to find that it was a nightmare then realised the whole thing was real all along but you were asleep the whole time?

Why is this not resulting in public outrage, I mean this is reality is it not, this cannot be allowed.

Even if this is not true right now, this is normally how it starts with the media introducing the thought. Conditioning of the masses.

OMG!

How tight can the noose get on this country?

[edit on 4-8-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
And of course they once again use the common theme of 'protecting our children' to try and garner support. Just like the stupid battery commercial about the lady in the park with her kid that has an RFID chip on him. How THANK GOD she uses such and such battery so she can locate her kid within seconds.

It's playing on people's fears and the leaders of our nations are the greatest mind game players on the entire game board. And people still think they are here for 'us'. LOLOLOL

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The road to hell is paved with good intentions....
The UK has been turning more and more into a country that makes Orwell roll in his grave.
This, combined with the continuing infringement upon free speech, in series with all the other hidden atrocities of the UK, will lead to a totalitarian government. there's no way to avoid it now.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
When I first heard this, it sounded too crazy even for the UK, after all who in their right mind would countenance a step that doesn't just bring you close to 1984, it puts you right in the middle of the book.

But it's true.

This isn't just a proposal, they have actually done it and are even proud of it.

I've also seen photos of 2 posters that were publically displayed in London on bus shelters and in the subway etc which showed images of eyes overlooking the London skyline with a tag that reads something like "watching over you" in relation to all the CCTV cameras, it really did look very similar to the classic Big Brother is watching you image - does anyone have a link?

Shocking what is happening over there, genuine population control while the people just let it happen.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
No one seems to care, which is what annoys me. Everyone is like 'Oh, no really?' and thats the end of it. Whats it going to take for people to wake the hell up?

This makes me angry, how something so ridiculous can be thought up and made possible.............

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Sloppy]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
1st off this is a #kin nightmare. S&F for spotting it. Still, "problem families" are a problem mainly because they're criminals. Whether this bugs you or not, many criminals are in fact the bravest & most resourceful... of the poor. There's always a low tech countermeasure to any high tech solution, often involving a hand tool such as a hammer or hatchet. Personally, I'd go with the psychological approach: become nudists & have the most perverted sex I could deal with in front of the camera as regularly as possible & get mates round to do more... they'd want the cameras out sooner rather than later. Ofcourse, there's always the possibility that an employee would post us on t'internet... Great! We'd get to sue the sh!te out of the local authority!
I can't see this plan of theirs working too well lol! Still, remember what the Tory said?

"Too little, too late."

Imagine WTF they would try? Anyone remember the 80s?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
People in the UK need to start standing up for the rights and people need to start saying "NO" to crap like that. If the people in the UK don't start doing something soon they will soon be sold as slaves because they gave up all of their rights.

People in the UK need to start tearing down all the CCTV cameras. People in the UK are good people and they don't deserve to be treated like criminals, especially in their own homes. If you give the UK government the right to do this to some of the people now, then you might as well figure that they will be doing it to all of the people later.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
"The Children’s Secretary set out £400million plans to put 20,000 problem families under 24-hour CCTV super-vision in their own homes. They will be monitored to ensure that children attend school, go to bed on time and eat proper meals."
www.express.co.uk...

"Under the Government scheme, members of "Shameless" families are given intensive 24-hour supervision to make sure children attend school, go to bed on time and eat proper meals."
www.telegraph.co.uk...

"At the most intensive level, families who require supervision and support on a 24 hour basis stay in a core residential unit. Upon satisfactory completion of a programme, the family can move into a managed property."
www.respect.gov.uk...

sinbin/most intensive level/shameless all appear to be the same category. this is the category in question. which they want to icnrease from 2k to 20000 Families

there is not much information about this floating around. the telegraph article implies 24 hour super vision to monitor every thing such as eating/sleeping/going to school etc, suggesting that there will be CCTV at their location monitoring. i doubt they will have people physically standing there supervising. the govt source also states that 24 hour super vision is required. that is about all the information they have given on this category.

but what is the 'core residential unit', and then being allowed to move into a 'managed property'?

Govt:
"Most projects provide an outreach service for families who are responsible for anti-social behaviour in their home, and who are risk of being evicted. However, services can also be provided in units managed by the family intervention project but dispersed in the community.

Because family intervention projects differ in the services they provide, so do the costs. The average costs range from around £8,000 per family for schemes which provide outreach services for families in their homes or living in managed properties, to around £15,000 for schemes which include the more intensive services (in a core residential unit). "

it would appear that families in this category would be required to move into a core residential unit managed by the family intervention project, which no doubt will have CCTV through out the unit. the prison planet article gave the impression that they will just install CCTV in your own Existing home, so at least that doesn't appear to be the case. still more information is required

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I wonder if your fearless leaders have even read George Orwell's 1984. Maybe this is why Amazon.com pulled the book off of Kindle. They didn't want to alarm poor Brit.s with regard to their current slave state.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Notice how few replies this thread is getting? The Brits don't care.

They are just apathetic, that's why their government is able to trample all over them.

Mirror this thread exactly but make it about the USA and it would be 20 pages long by now with suggestions for organizing a protest.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

People do care and it would be practically impossible for the goverment to install CCTV cameras in everyones homes, just look at the opposition to a small thing like ID cards.

However, the goverment has no plans to put CCTV cameras in any households and why would it.

Here is the official response to the accusations from the Department for children, schools and familes:

Families will not be monitored by CCTV in their own homes. Through Family Intervention Projects (FIPs) we are supporting and challenging the small number of families involved in persistent anti-social behaviour

www.dcsf.gov.uk...

Maybe we should try not jump to wild conclusions.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodsearch

Perhaps I misread the article, because it said that this had already happened, cameras have been installed in homes.

As for having a camera in every home, it seems ridiculous now, but then so did the idea of every town center having CCTV back in 1970, and so did the idea of having cameras in homes - 5 minutes ago.

During my trips to the UK I have noticed a near national obsession with fly on the wall style programs like Big Brother, I thought the US was bad enough. Maybe voyeurism is part of the national mindset, you seem to want to put cameras everywhere, it was quite oppressive being watched wherever you went.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Notice how few replies this thread is getting? The Brits don't care.

They are just apathetic, that's why their government is able to trample all over them.

Mirror this thread exactly but make it about the USA and it would be 20 pages long by now with suggestions for organizing a protest.

Could be the fact that this is the 3rd thread on the matter, and everything that everyone has wanted to say has been said in the previous 2.

It could also be that there's relatively few British posters on here, but then, that wouldn't fit with your tedious little agenda would it, you egregious little bollox.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join