It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your ideas about faeries...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
I am definitely not a fairy-believer

Had I been ten, I would have been clapping furiously to counter act the effects of the above remark. Faeries disappear with such comments, their grip on existence being wholly dependent on our belief in them.

Originally posted by Vanitas
Building in Iceland? Clear it with the elves first

It's interesting.

Living in the dark for so much of the year must have benefits for the imagination, being geographically remote has advantages for keeping away homogenising forces. The Icelandic community retained a purity of their beliefs unheard of in most of the latinised west. Their folklore is fascinating.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
*clap clap clap*...

Nope, no faeries...

All kidding aside I do believe in Faeries.

Why not!

Oops there sas more to this post but I lost the link. BRB to post more.

peace

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
*clap clap clap*...

Nope, no faeries...

Tut, tut. They don't appear when you clap, sadly. Clapping merely prevents their death when others state that they don't exist. It is like faery CPR

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by soontide
The Tuatha De Dannan (Loosely translated means " People of Knowledge") were a race of people associated with faeries in Ireland.

Tuatha De Danann actually means "People of the Goddess Danu."

As you can see, Faeries are many and varied. In fact, in Irish folklore alone, one can find descriptions of things that sound like Norse aliens, Bigfoot, Ghosts or shadow people and even chupacabras.

Could you give some sources or elaborate on this? I'm a bit of a mythology buff(especially Irish/gaelic), and can't think of anything like chupacabras, bigfoot, shadow people, or Norse aliens. I'd love to read something that I missed.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Core90]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join