It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOES-14 first image

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

.. that is exactly what I thought when I was looking at the west coast of the US. I imagine more images like this would be could be very revealing in this regard..

[edit on 31-7-2009 by wakinup13]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Cool picture, it went strait on wy WallPaper ..

S&F for sure !!

[edit on 31/7/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
WOW WOW WOW WOW! nd is that picture ever impressive phage! i cant any words outide of beutiful to describe that photo! this is such a positive find man...
I did notice what appears to be possible con or chemtrails??? Look at BAHA and souther california..then look left(west of it) in that immediate weatehr system their, in the middle, yuo can visibly see what appears to be exahust fumes, if i can call it that, form plens? They make lines over eachother! whats anyones input on that?

Hmm, seems to be quite many if you fire it up in your PhotoShop.
Even the Ship-Contrails (
) are above the could layer.. ??

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

When you look at that, from a certain perspective, thinking about it, with all the other stars and planets, it kind of blows the mind, that there even IS such a planet like this, and then I look around and realize that we like LIVE here, can walk around, breath the air, go for a swim - it's an incredibly miraculous thing, not to be taken for granted I don't think.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It's so sad that the continent that Americans feel should be front and centre is America!!!....

It's egotism at it's worst.

A nice shot of Australasia would have been nice. We only ever see shots of the American continents... Almost as if the rest of the planet doesn't have any other land masses of interest on it.

Pity that.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Just to add a little adendum though, it is a fascinating shot! It even made it to my library of space images... which doesn't happen that often.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Why arent there any stars? Watch the movie MoonRising, every picture of our planet from space doesn't have any stars in it. WTF

[edit on 31-7-2009 by anthonyL]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It is beautiful, although if it were in color it would have been a truly breathtaking picture.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

It's so sad that the continent that Americans feel should be front and centre is America!!!....

YOU. ARE. JOKING. RIGHT????

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Very cool pic! Looks lovely as my wallpaper

Thanks for posting!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This island earth.

Amazing picture. Will somebody please point out all the anomalies already so we can start purely speculating on reptialian shape-shifters who are possibly controlling the flow of information through an illuminati that oversees all of earth and is going to create the North American Union?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
WOW WOW WOW WOW! nd is that picture ever impressive phage! i cant any words outide of beutiful to describe that photo! this is such a positive find man...
I did notice what appears to be possible con or chemtrails??? Look at BAHA and souther california..then look left(west of it) in that immediate weatehr system their, in the middle, yuo can visibly see what appears to be exahust fumes, if i can call it that, form plens? They make lines over eachother! whats anyones input on that?

yeah i see it, looks like they spead it in the weather that would eventually go over the pacific north west. damnit i live there. but yeah i see what your sayin. lol and con or chemtrails? i think we know what they are.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Wow, these are some nice pictures

Why aren't they in colors?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
reply to post by Phage

When you look at that, from a certain perspective, thinking about it, with all the other stars and planets, it kind of blows the mind, that there even IS such a planet like this, and then I look around and realize that we like LIVE here, can walk around, breath the air, go for a swim - it's an incredibly miraculous thing, not to be taken for granted I don't think.

Nice thoughts there !
stAr for you !!

And it is Our Duty to keep it that way too..
it is our responcabilty....can you look at it and close your eyes and imagine No humans or animals ther ? !

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by anthonyL

Why arent there any stars? Watch the movie MoonRising, every picture of our planet from space doesn't have any stars in it. WTF

Because the stars are very dim and it takes a long exposure time to get them. It also helps to be on the night side of Earth. I guess Jose didn't want to show you ones like this.

ISS011-E-12415 (31 August 2005) --- Aurora Borealis and lights in Finland, Russia, Estonia and Latvia are featured in this digital still picture taken by the Expedition 11 crew aboard the International Space Station. If it were daylight parts of the Eastern Baltic Sea would be visible. The station was over a point on Earth located at 50.6 degrees north latitude and 15.1 degees east longitude at the time. The cluster of stars to the lower right of the thin crescent Moon is the Praesepe or Beehive Cluster in Cancer. Just to the right of that is the planet Saturn. Photo credit: NASA

www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 7/31/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Second poster, already. AND, to think the second I saw the picture I thought, "Oh good, we can put the "chemtrail" nonsense to rest, finally!"
Boy, what was I thinking???

Dunno but you also can't see your house on that image.

You are funny... you can't see anomalies on Luna or Barsoom but you make wild claims about seeing your house on that pic.

To Phage:

Always wanted to say this..

Nice find... starred and flagged

Well at least mine isn't a oneliner

[edit on 31-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

A shame it is not in color..

But either way, such a hi-res image of our planet truly reveals how completely unique it really is.

I cannot look at such a sight and not feel the presence of some divine order present here.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I too find the scale, complexity, and interconnectedness fascinating.
I also agree that color images would be nice to see but they don't contribute much to, and in more cases than not, would actually interfere with the scientific purposes of the image. This is a weather observation satellite after all and clouds are generally white.
rammb.cira.colostate.edu...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Cool! Thanks for the lesson on digital imaging! I learned something today. My day has value after all. lol. Seriously. Thanks for the lesson.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Great find Phage!
Just like others have said it is kinda said it aint in colour, but it is still a very beautiful image.

And darn, that Satelite is pretty far out. At that altitude I can understand that it is hard to see something "tiny" as ISS. What I don't understand is that we yet can see "boat trails" that high up huh?

Anyway, I'll give you a star and a Flag (#33) for this one.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Akezzon]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join