It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My father might have the Swine Flu!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
My brother just took my dad out to the hospital because he's been suffering from the flu like symptoms. Now if he does have it they'll make me, my brothers and my mother take the vaccine. Now I want to know your guys honest opinion on if I should take it or not. I honestly don't think I should but I would like some opinions to back me up. Thank you guys so much.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It depends on whether you have any pre-existing health problems really.

At the end of the day its just flu, on its own it wont kill you, I've known plenty of people who have had it now, and they are fine, also the drug wont help you if youve already got it, which if your living in an enclosed space with someone who has it you probably do.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well my father has really bad health problems. He had a triple by-pass about 4 years ago and his Immune System is really bad according to my mom.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well then its good he goes to the hospital hes the kind of person that has to be careful under all circumstances, try not to be worried though, what will be will be, just make sure your there for your family and try not to be scared, its most likely your dad will be ok

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Get your advice from an MD, not on a conspiracy site. This is not a medical clinic. Makes no sense to get medical advice here.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Hey OP, I have swine flu, I've been told to stay in my room for a full week... I'm starving and can't eat anything cause my throats killing me. I'm phoning the doctor again tomorrow to see when I get Tamiflu. But I'm not taking it. No way. He wanted to inject me with something the other day, I told him I was too sick to go the doctors, then he said "No need, I can make a house call". Chyea right....

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I assume you mean tamiflu, not the vaccine.
As far as I am aware, the vaccine doesn't even exist yet. Anti-virals have gotten some bad press for a relationship to suicidal tendencies, but you should really talk to an actual MD and weigh the options.
I have had the "new flu" and it wasn't any worse than a mild common cold to me, though several others who got it here were bed ridden for a week or more.

Just for myself, I will never take the "genocide jab".

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear your father has the swine flu, ... Now you know what must be done.

Take him out behind the shed, and tell em " Hey dad, see all the other dads out there frolicking in the fields " ..... then pull the trigger.

I'm kidding, but really now, .. its a just a fffffllllluuuuuuu.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear that your Dad has swine flu. Please keep us up-dated on how he is doing. My thoughts are with you. Please try not to be too upset. I know it's worrisome, but Doctors can do amazing things these days. **Hugs**

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I got it... so do half of my school, its not that bad. just a sore throat and unclear head.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
i wouldn't worry about getting the vaccine since you were already exposed to the swine flu. Essentially you just got the vaccine if that is what your father has. I am not a doctor but my grandma was a nurse and my aunt was a doctor years ago and they told me that is someone is exposed to the flu they needn't worry about getting the vaccine.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenDMC
I'm starving and can't eat anything cause my throats killing me.

Can't you eat some soup?

I always have lot of cans of creamy chicken soup in my pantry! - very useful when I get sick!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I would like to say to everyone on this thread,

Please do not think that swine flu is a killer, or more of a killer than normal winter flu.

A lot of that stuff has been put into your head by interested parties.

Several people in my family had swine flu, and got well.

Good luck to you.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I had it and it barely phased me. I was on a strict regime though before getting it. I exercise heavily 5 days a week (don't do more than 30mins cardio a session, too much cardio will hit your immune system hard). I was on garlic 3 times a day, cranberry extract once a day, green tea 4 a day, calcium+vitamind 4 times a day, vitamin c 3 times a day, turmeric twice a day, colostrum 3 times a day, fresh juiced apples 3 times a day. I maintained this throughout the illness and only experienced mild symptoms. I was amazed at the ability of these compounds to virtually neutralize it.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

I might have had it. My head felt like I was hit with a flat board and I couldn't speak.

Bombed it with oil of oregano (not for small children or pets!). In two days it was gone.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Get your advice from an MD, not on a conspiracy site. This is not a medical clinic. Makes no sense to get medical advice here.

As much as I'd like to be sympathetic, this is the best answer. However, I can see why you are here; a doctor would tell you not to take the vaccine because of their job. This is the kind of website where you would expect to find neutral/independent and open-minded people, so you ask here for the answer with the least bias. In my opinion, don't take the vaccine until it's been tested.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Painfully Beautiful Heres

In my opinion, don't take the vaccine until it's been tested.

I read somewhere yesterday that they will run some rushed test of the vaccines without the harmful adjuvants, like the pesky "squalene" adjuvant!

So I don't know what to think about the testing procedure now!

Bastards!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jchollen1
Now if he does have it they'll make me, my brothers and my mother take the vaccine.

As someone said above, I think you are talking about The Tamiflu...

However,

Can they force you to take it?
I mean, I know the CDC and co. like to step in and toot their own horn but jeez...

-Sliadon

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies. He's doing good(The doctor said so). And I was talking about that Tamiflu stuff. And I would rather ask you people who have actually read the reports on the suicides and stuff than some doctor who will only be told of the good results and not the bad results. I'm just hoping his immune system will hold up through all of this. I would really appreciate all your prayers. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I just saw your post.

My father probably had this flu the beginning of July and it took a little over a week to recover. Symptoms were low temperature, achiness, and lethargy - basically your typical flu. He's fine now, no complications. He's 70 y.o. and rarely even catches a cold but this one got to him of all people in my family. No one he was exposed to caught it from him, thankfully.

Hope your father continues to recover quickly!

<<   2 >>

join