It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monster Quest Flying Humanoid/Mexican specimen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I just saw this episode on History Channel tonight. This was split into two parts Flying Humanoids in Mexico and some mummified tiny creature that looks like an alien. The flying humanoid part looks alot like a cluster of balloons. I have to agree with the skeptic in the show.

This is discussed here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

However the second part which was some alien fossil is just amazing. It was found in an area with alot of caves in Mexico. I mean it looks like some kind of baby alien creature fetus. Unfortunately I can't seem to find anything on this because they stupidly didn't give it a name or a nickname, all I could get from it was Mexican Specimen. If anyone saw this episode and can provide some web sites or pictures please post.

They did some DNA testing and geneticists say the DNA of this specimen doesn't match anything. It could be some sort of creature that was inbetween evolution as it looks like a rat/monkey. I don't think the specimen was dated or if it was I missed it.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Nevermind

[edit on 7/29/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
realalienvideos.com...

If you know any spainish theres a video about it.
Cant help you with a transslation.

Heres a different one “Alien Skeleton” case solved

[edit on 29-7-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The unknown carcass was also discussed here...

It should still be on the first page of recent posts.

Cool none-the-less!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

Thanks I did see that and I went to the link but I did not see a picture. I am certainly not putting in my email address to sign up for a nonsense newsletter, I have enough junk mail as it is.

I'll read through that thread a little more I was under the impression it was a creature caught that was alive.

edit: hmm my last edit must have gotten erased.

YES that Spanish link was it but I took French in High School. The alien skeleton was just, WOW. I'll have to look that up later.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by mvirata]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Yeah, I was surprised to see it show up. The video is on Youtube about the flying humanoid. It's pretty interesting for sure. The tiny mummy was stated to be an unknown DNA.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Is this the same Video's floating around the net showing some type of witch looking alien, flying around on something, where the cop said it tried to attack him?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by skyeyes

This was in the same episode yes. But I don't believe that for a minute, where is the police sketch, he is a COP. He supposedly has the image of the eyes burned in his mind. If it was me I'd have the artists do a render in minutes. I think the strange creature was the most interesting and credible part of the episode.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mvirata

I noticed the other thread, too, but I want to post a thought here. Two, actually.

First, yay for MonsterQuest! I've seen some people saying that their episodes have been boring lately, I'm glad you pointed this out and enjoyed it yourself!

Second, I wish they made the DNA evidence public. And by that, I don't mean just a result. I wish they put the entire sequence that they got out of the samples somewhere online or accessible to the public. I'd really like to take a peek at that.

It raises questions- Did they really get DNA out of it? Did it resemble anything at all, like a hybrid perhaps, or a developing organism, or... an extinct organism? This is so inconclusive and disappointing for me. What do you all think it could be?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I think they couldn't get any DNA from it and played it off as if they did. All they have to do is find someone who will say what they want them to say.

If you think about it, they couldn't match the DNA to any other thing on this earth. That would mean that either they found an alien being or that they found a new and very interesting species.

Have you heard about this anywhere else? Someone discovers a new species of fish and it makes the front page of any news site. If this was a new or alien species, why have they not ran with it?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I think they couldn't get any DNA from it and played it off as if they did. All they have to do is find someone who will say what they want them to say.

If you think about it, they couldn't match the DNA to any other thing on this earth. That would mean that either they found an alien being or that they found a new and very interesting species.

Have you heard about this anywhere else? Someone discovers a new species of fish and it makes the front page of any news site. If this was a new or alien species, why have they not ran with it?

Because Aliens don't exist, or so they'd have us believe...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

Aliens don't exist to some people because there is simply no concrete proof that they do.

If this mummy is indeed a new species or alien then it would make the news. That is why I don't think they have anything that supports their theory.

I have a jackalope for sale if you want it.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

To address your first point, I think you might be right. I started to think "well, what if it's a silicon and faux fur composite or something. If it's a hoax, and someone thought otherwise and really wanted it tested, could they even test for DNA? I would assume the result would come up as "no match." That could go both ways, with what it suggests." It's also possible that it was just a bad sample. That happens really often. It could be a cat or something simple with a bad sample.

I know that many scientists will not lie about DNA testing. I've seen numerous shows on Bigfoot or other cryptids where the lab guys go "Hey, sorry, would have been cool, but this is simply human hair..." or some other simple explanation. You're right, there's no way to know for sure.

Maybe there really wasn't any DNA to match. If they found a new species, it should still have DNA similar to present species. For example, they could have used DNA-DNA Hybridization.

DNA-DNA hybridization generally refers to a molecular biology technique that measures the degree of genetic similarity between pools of DNA sequences. It is usually used to determine the genetic distance between two species. When several species are compared that way, the similarity values allow the species to be arranged in a phylogenetic tree; it is therefore one possible approach to carrying out molecular systematics.

en.wikipedia.org...

If it's from another planet, it's possible that they're trying to cover it up. But, aside from all my personal beliefs on that issue, I think that if this was the case the show wouldn't have been able to present any information on the topic, and that all evidence anywhere about this specimen would disappear.

If it's simply a new species and they are running tests, they probably want to run multiple tests to be sure. And they are probably trying to find another specimen of the same species.

Loren Coleman has some well-worded and excellent info from senior biologist and professor of zoology Whit Gibbons. I chopped it a tad for space, you can see the whole thing at the link: www.cryptomundo.com...

The first step in discovering a new species is knowing which species have already been discovered.

To recognize that a species is new, you must be an expert in a particular taxonomic group. The scientists describing the new species had to be familiar with the particular taxonomic group and know the characteristics of every known species in the world.

...the use of DNA and other genetic analyses has brought greater definition to the relationships among species, so a plant or animal once thought to be a single species may be redefined as two or more.

...The 2003 description used genetic evidence along with morphological traits to distinguish two species that were already known to be distinct.

Genetic analyses were also used this past year to confirm the discovery of a new species of lizard in the rainforests of Borneo. ...This was a species of lizard never before seen by scientists. They used DNA analyses to determine who its closest lizard relative is, which turns out to be a distantly related lizard from the Philippines.

I think it would be the last one, if they're trying to identify a new species. If it's something groundbreaking, they may be waiting for more specimens.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

Maybe there really wasn't any DNA to match. If they found a new species, it should still have DNA similar to present species. For example, they could have used DNA-DNA Hybridization.

I'd like to point out some flawed thinking here. If it's alien, it may not have DNA. DNA is something we've identified, unique to our world, to our lifeforms. We would like to believe that DNA makes up all living organisms. But what do we know? Other life, may be completely incompatible with our science, theories, and understanding. Who are we to define what life is or should be? We define things based on what we know, and as a species, we don't know a hell of a lot. That's more than obvious, given the state of humanity and our planet. If we knew everything, we wouldn't be headed down the road to catastrophe and self inflicted extinction.

Who are we to say that life can't be a rock on some other exotic world? Or perhaps even a planet? Or perhaps even the Universe? Who's to say that we aren't bacteria inside of some cell that resides in some large sentient being's lower bowels?

I'm just saying...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

You had a pet rock didn't you.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mvirata

I was wondering the same thing. Why did the cop not have a sketch made of the creature? It did seem to really bother him, so I do not think he is making up the story. He may not want to bring up that memory for them to draw it.

The flying humanoids and unknown body could be related.

I do agree this is one of their better episodes.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by mvirata

It did seem to really bother him, so I do not think he is making up the story. He may not want to bring up that memory for them to draw it.

The flying humanoids and unknown body could be related.

Actually it did bother him. He said that the image of the eyes was burned in his mind. When he closed his eyes he can still see the siloutte of the creature. And some times he would cry at night.

His demenaor as he was telling the story was vey nonchalant but in the translation that was what he was saying. Concerning that story, I am not a believer.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

It would most likely be alien 100% since DNA has a lot of relationships. We are 96% similar to ape DNA and hell, even 80% similar to horse DNA...hehe, so it should match close to something.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I first saw these flying witch videos about 3 yrs. ago. The best one i saw was one that showed the person or whatever running and hopping on whatever it's riding. It's at the end of the first video. It proves it's not a balloon or kite. It must be some kind of anti-gravity device. It's not a jet pack. Some of the other videos on MonsterQuest looked like that turbo jet fan device.
God I hope that witch isn't for real. They should shoot it down. If it's a hoax it would be justified IMO. That's what the perp gets for scaring the crap out of people.

Witch video. My suggestion to those Mexicans is Surrender Dorothy.
www.youtube.com...

Remember the opening credits of the old Johnny Quest Cartoon. It had those turbo fan devices in it.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
yeah i definitely seen the one from Monterrey before, as well as a few others. one i saw actually looked like a humanoid figure just sort of walking through the air, it was amazing! maybe it's because i just read about him again today, but i'm reminded of Springheel Jack.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join