It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

75* F in S Florida right now!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Hello everyone

This is more personal observation than anything else, but in light of the whole Global Warming brou-ha-ha, I thought it would be cool for other members to post their own weather observations here...

Like my title says, it's 75*F here right now, and dropping! This is unheard of in Florida in July. It is actually cooler outside than it is inside my air conditioned house!!! I'm quite sure we're breaking records today!!

Any thoughts? All observations welcome

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Florida? well it must be a very welcome relief to all down there. I was there in the spring and roasted to death.

Enjoy it!

BTW, up here in the NE, we have had exactly 5 days of summer, the rest rainny and overnight lows in the 40's and 50's. Thats also unheard of

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Central Canada and central US border states have been colder than normal by 10 to 20 degrees. We usually have 90 degree days by now. Lake temps are 64 degrees and normally 74 degrees.

A heat wave is going through north west USA and south west Canada heading east to Manitoba, North Dakota, NW Ontario, but there is a lot of ground to make up and I don't see it happening now, since August is nearly upon us. It's a cold year. Coldest I can recall.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Caribbean here - it's hot, 92 degrees F. Not at all unusual for this time of year.

You can go to www.wunderground.com and put your location in a check your weather history. No change that I can see for my location, although the sea surface temps have been able to support a tropical cyclone since May -- a tad early.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Yes, I am enjoying it, but at the same time, it's a little creepy! I've lived down at this end of the swamp for (yikes!) 28 years, and it's just bizzare!!! I've also noticed how quickly the temps will drop in the late afternoon after a thunderstorm. Usually, post rain here = outdoor sauna, but not this year...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

El Nino??

El Niño is back.

Government scientists say the periodic warming of water in the tropical Pacific Ocean that can affect weather around the world has returned.
(AIZAR RALDES/AFP/Getty Images)Government scientists said Thursday that the periodic warming of water in the tropical Pacific Ocean, which can affect weather around the world, has returned....

ABCNews

Remember, anyone, in January 1986 in Florida? How cold it got? 23 years ago, well below freezing, in the 20s. Reason we lost the Space Shuttle Challenger.

Sometimes, in the news, the orange crop is threatened, too. Weather is weird.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Im in central FL and it really hasnt been as hot as it usually is here. Its actually been a "cool" July compared to previous years and esp last...Last summer was horrible!~

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I'm in Pennsylvania and its been a mild Summer here as well, hardly even getting up into the mid-80s, I can remember summers as a kid where we had 95 degree days for weeks straight but so far its been a very cool year.

Pretty soon I think we're going to see how little we truly know about climate science and the Global Warming hypers are going to feel just as silly as the people who hyped Global Cooling in the 1970s. The truth is we haven't studied what affects the climate enough to know which way its shifting at any one time let alone being able to lay blame on one particular gas from one particular source, especially a source, like industry, which has only existed for a little over a century.

Living things have been pumping out CO2 into the atmosphere for at least one billion years through various natural processes (without upsetting the balance), to think that we humans, in one hundred years of pollution, have threatened the Earth in any way, is presumptuous and silly. Now I'm all for cleaning up our act, getting renewable energy, and being kind to Planet Earth but let's not pretend the world is coming to an end and get all scared, because when they make us afraid we're easier to trick...

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Orlando... hot as usual, 84 now.
Went disc golfing earlier, and it was definitely above 90.

The weather seems normal to me, and I lived my whole life
down in SoFla and 75 seems reasonable... Didn't some storms
roll through a couple days in a row? That usually cools things down.

Typical swamp weather.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I agree with the rest of you that is has not been a hot summer this year. It has been quite chilly up here in New York.

However, the science behind climate change is not based upon observations limited to one day or one year.

There is a correlitive effect between CO2 emitions (Nature or man-made) and increased global tempratures. Scientists have been able to go back hundreds of thousands of years using core samples from the antartic and other scientific evidence.

There is no question that we are producing tons of CO2 with our industrial output and that we are causing an effect on the planet.

Unfortunately, TPTB want to use this crisis as an oppertunity to make money and control our lives unnecessarily with carbon trading and carbon taxes. Something needs to be done, its to bad that the people in a position to do something are A-Holes.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Here in Southern New Jersey the evenings have been very chilly for summer. The kids haven't been able to swim in the pool as often because of the evenings being so cool, the pool water isn't warming. I turn the air conditioning off at around 7 p.m. & this coming week is actually going to be our first actual summer temps. Maybe i will actually get to hear some crickets(summer evening sounds) finally this week!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I don't know for sure if global warming is real or not. But I live in Michigan and I've been ice fishing my whole life. Up until the past 12 years we've always had ice on the great lakes enough to drive walk and fish on. The past 12 years the ice fishing seasons have been shorter and shorter. Some years we don't get any ice at all. From the 1970's up till the mid 90's we ice most of the time. 1998 was the first year I can remember we didn't get any at all. We've had several iceless years since.

With 6 billion poeple and counting on this planet I find it a little hard to belive that we're not having some kind of impact on the weather of this world.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Here in South West Missouri it has been really cool. We did have some hot days in June,but July has been really cool. Some nights it felt cold out.

We are normally in the upper 90's to early September.
So it is cooler. They have even stated on the News that it was
a cool summer for us.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
In S Michigan...it's been abnormally cool lately...

We've been in the upper 60's when averages are in the low 80's...

I can't imagine going to a lake except to maybe get a tan and even that's iffy :shk:

[edit on 7/25/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Here in Louisiana, it's a hot, muggy, and buggy. Well into the 90's during the daytime, but nights seem cooler than normal, going into the 70's.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

El Nino??

El Niño is back.

Government scientists say the periodic warming of water in the tropical Pacific Ocean that can affect weather around the world has returned.
(AIZAR RALDES/AFP/Getty Images)Government scientists said Thursday that the periodic warming of water in the tropical Pacific Ocean, which can affect weather around the world, has returned....

ABCNews

Remember, anyone, in January 1986 in Florida? How cold it got? 23 years ago, well below freezing, in the 20s. Reason we lost the Space Shuttle Challenger.

Sometimes, in the news, the orange crop is threatened, too. Weather is weird.

You are so damn boring...........El Nino!

Get real!

Why do they pay you?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

me too, but i thought this summer has been worse than most..

i guess its hard to tell when it is always 90 F and 90 humid though lol

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

75 degrees...

I'm in South Florida as well, you don't possibly think that could be due to the enormous tropical rain clouds covering the entire southern part of the state, could it?

Not sure about where you are, but it has been raining here all day. Haven't had sunshine since 10am.

Not trying to push global warming or anything, but it has been incredibly hot down here all summer long. The only relief we get is when it storms (which is ironically caused by the high heat).

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
As usual is has been freaking hot here in Waco Texas, daily it has been 100. You walk outside and it feels like you are inside an oven. YOu walk outside at 10pm and it is still around 90 degrees. Come on Fall!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

DAMN that ENSO cycle!!! Can't it just pick a mode and stay with it? pfffffffft!! NOW the SSTs are gonna be high AGAIN. We got nailed by a Cat 4/5 last November 8, 75 years to the day after the great Storm o' '32.

I remember in 2005 when the h-season (atlantic/Carib) ended....... the following year!! Last named storm wound down through December and into January (Zeta). Doesn't anyone inform TC's of the seasons anymore?

that's what happens when........... storms.............. go baaaad. [cue ominous music]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join