It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix Movies Symbolism Explained. Have you noticed them?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

Not only the ending. The whole matrix itself was different in toons. The machines didn't harvest human heat but instead they used the brain capacity that humans aren't using. It was so that every person was part of the machine that upkept the matrix. That also conviniently explained how those freed from the system could learn 'superpowers' to override the machines reality. This whole concept was apparently thought too complex for american audiences (not sure about this part) and the whole 'heat' thing was invented.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The Matrix has you Neo...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
There are many realms here on earth and in heaven so its always going to be the matrix anyway. There are certain orders of hyrachy even for Angels so don't think its just down here on earth if people like to meditate and interpret dreams as such who try and find a way to the upper realms. Lower realms exist too and they are more demonic and hellish, people use drugs to reach certain levels of awareness, they may even see beyond our wavelengths too as some stories suggest but all it does is leave people in trouble and ill.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23
On the ending of the film, I think that the concept of the matrix being reset is important. In essence, the film takes the blue pill at this point and the secondary matrix is not transcended, thus god or true oneness is not really reached. If we consider it so that advanced races see beyond what we can (and if the inspiration behind the Matrix is seen to hold truth) yet they are still in the game of duality then this makes sense in terms of the films.

It is often noted the construct we enter into when we see through our 3d reality, has numerous machine like qualities. Of course this could be actual tech of a hyper advanced race or demigods/demons. And so I think the Matrix symbology almost makes more sense when taken in a more literal way.

The machines that keep us in the matrix do so in order to feed from our energy. This turns up in a number of seemingly innocent films... I would like to point out Disney's "Monsters Inc", creatures from another world get their power from human fears and other emotions (look out for the tiny all seeing eye in a pyramid in the early part of that movie while describing this very process).

They draw our attention away from the reality with the lady in red. The merovingian consciousness programs or uses the matrix to its own liking. So it seems this race would be classed as evil by any consciousness, and so it is likely they are just in another level of the matrix, another level of vibrational frequency, but still not near god or oneness.

Perhaps we have a choice this time around to stop the matrix from resetting and perhaps go straight to the most high.

Iam rambling. I was sort of re-affirming things in my own head because I first thought that seeing through the Matrix was the highest enlightenment one could seek to attain when infact that is just the beginning.

I Agree with you, we have a choose to break the cycle. The symbol is the Ouroboros the snake eating its own tail. We have a chance to start or create something new

[edit on 1-8-2009 by othehitmans]

[edit on 1-8-2009 by othehitmans]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by othehitmans
I Agree with you, we have a choose to break the cycle. The symbol is the Ouroboros the snake eating its own tail. We have a chance to start or create something new

Its said the prime conditions for personally seeeing through the Matrix are to live in an area where the Vedic traditions are known and at a time when a buddah is incarnate on Earth.

I suppose for the cycle to be broken on the large scale it would simply be a case of more people reaching enlightenment. How do you think the cycle could be broken?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This world is not the matrix we just like to control and have our own order to society. I think there are different realms in which we ressurect to, some stay on earth, some go to heaven, some go above the heavens and like the Bible says some go to the new Jeruselem or Zion. Others don't make it till 1000 years later.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Agent Smith is rather a demonic character if not Satanic spirited because he is judging good and evil and keeping control of the world and keeping those awake from the truth.
He can also move from within from person to person which is a very demonic influence in character, he can use other bodies and replace them as his own in the digital computer world.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Greta Post!

[edit on 12-8-2009 by SoundTheory]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Anyway this subject has got a lot of websites talking about the Matrix movies with religion making comparisons.

www.bible-uk.com...

Have you seen the Matrix films?
They chart the attempts of one man, Neo, to overcome the present worldly system and find the Truth. In doing so, he gets into a position to be able to help others and lead them towards the city of Zion, where they can be truly free.

The film is full of imagery and symbolism, but where does it come from? And what does it point to? Could the films actually be pointing to a real situation?

Now for a Greek lesson. Neo means "new" and is also an anagram of "One". "Ander" means "Man". Therefore, Neo's surname "Anderson", means "Son of Man". This is a title of Jesus. Nebuchadnezzar, the name of Neo's ship was also the name of a Biblical king who had dreams concerning the "Last Days". So the imagery of the film borrows strongly from the Bible. Neo's girlfriend is called Trinity, which although not a Biblical term or concept, is nevertheless central to the beliefs of Christendom.

Jesus overcame his human nature to become the Saviour or Chosen One. Following his baptism (which symbolises the putting off of the old man and the putting on of the new) he was given extensive powers. Just as Neo dies and is brought back to life, Jesus died and was raised up by his Father, God.

The Bible teaches that this world is but a "shadow of things to come". The Bible also talks of the New Jerusalem (Zion) coming to the earth as the capital of the Kingdom of God.

"The LORD has established Zion, and in her his afflicted people will find refuge." (Isaiah 14:32)
Once Jesus has finished restoring the world, Yahweh God himself will dwell with Man.
Zechariah 8:3

This is what the LORD says: "I will return to Zion and dwell in Jerusalem. Then Jerusalem will be called the City of Truth, and the mountain of the LORD Almighty will be called the Holy Mountain."
We all have a choice - to continue living in this shadow world or to find the Truth. Jesus taught:

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:32)

[edit on 25-11-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSmith
My question is how is any of this hidden?

I mean, if you are at all knowledgeable of history, mythology, religion and/or science & math you would instantly recognize the symbolism that is being laid out to you. My point is, its not "hidden". They are not really pulling the covers over anyone eyes, except maybe for those who are not well versed in the above topics.

- If you have been to Bible study, you will recognize some of the names and their role.
- If you have read Mythology, you will recognize some of the names and their role.
- If you know a lot of History, you will recognize some of the names and their role.

As you can see, there is lots of places to get a basis for the names and plots being spit at you. Probably why The Matrix did so well, because lots of people already understood the underlying themes.

"The Matrix" movie is basically a rehashed version of historical/mythological/religious story remade for the year 2000 type technologys.

In essence, its plot has been done before for thousands of years.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by MrSmith]

I think really the problem is.... Just that, Most people aren't knowledgeable in those 3 subjects...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
If anyone missed it, here is Neo's passport with the 9/11 reference:

Very obvious. Anyways, The Matrix is one of my favorite movies. Not because of bullet-time, but because of the message it deliveres. That you need to free your mind from the system, that people are born slaves, that all around us is a lie, to believe in yourself, etc. And all the symbolic references, some of which were mentioned by the OP. This movie isn't science-fiction, but an entertaining document of reality. The second and third movies have references too, although not that much. It's sad people don't really understand the movie for what it is, rather they watch(ed) it for the visual effects (atleast back then).

[edit on 25/11/09 by Cybernet]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybernet
If anyone missed it, here is Neo's passport with the 9/11 reference:

I just hope that the stamp above neos head is not a reference to the devil, maybe it is a crown or something and it has capital hill on his head. Maybe somethings are deeper, I don't believe this is a conspiracy, maybe certain higher beings know about future avents or people are some how spirited to know like some sign from God.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join