It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible New MASSIVE Impact Just Occured on Jupiter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
jupiter.samba.org...
www.iceinspace.com.au...

In breaking news, Anthony Wesley from Canberra, Australia looks to have captured a new impact spot on Jupiter.

Anthony's image below shows the new dark spot in the South Polar Region (SPR) of Jupiter, at approximately 216° longitude in System 2. It looks very similar to the impact marks made on Jupiter when comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 crashed into the gas giant in 1994.

Quite interesting. Where did the object come from and why was it not seen by anyone on earth? This spot is many times the size of earth and if something that big crashed into Jupiter, it could demolish earth.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Tom_Proctor]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Great find!

I am very interested to see what other news and pictures come from this.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
There looks to be a dark spot near the North Pole.

Yet nothing at the South Pole?

Can someone highlight the spot?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

the photo is upside down. think its because of the way the telescope sees things.

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
People in Australia see everything in space upside down.

I wonder if they can guess from the size of the impact how big the asteroid was in megatons.

Or the composition by the spectra of the blast cloud.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tom_Proctor

Hi Tom-Proctor/
You might also be interested to know the connections of Jupiter and Babylon?

The ancient Hebrew name for Jupiter is Zedek. It means righteousness. In the biblical book of Hebrews, which is the book regarding the transition from this heaven and earth into the next, three of the thirteen chapters are devoted to the subject of is the priest Melchizedek and the Melchizedek priesthood. Melchizedek is a compound word that contains this Hebrew word Zedek, the Hebrew name for our planet named Jupiter. Melchizedek means either righteousness is my king or king of righteousness. (Heb. 7:2) Here, one may recall that Abraham, the father of faith, paid tithes to Melchizedek. The importance of Jupiter to spiritual men can also be recognized in the circumstances of Jesus’ birth.

SOURCE

Another article I came upon, I haven't read it....Journal Of Babylon~

Jupiter and Babylon

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

okey, Jason Martell shows of a piece of a similar clay tablet, and it seems to tells anunnakis path to earth from when they came into the solar system.

Of topic, sorry, but had to say it..

Another offtopic stupid question: Where is jupiter now compared to 'planetx' incoming path ? ( SPECULATIVE )

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join