It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Lady requires more than twenty attendants

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

First Lady requires more than twenty attendants

canadafreepress.com

No, Michele Obama does not get paid to serve as the First Lady and she doesn’t perform any official duties. But this hasn’t deterred her from hiring an unprecedented number of staffers to cater to her every whim and to satisfy her every request in the midst of the Great Recession.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Simply amazing. 22 people for Michelle by Bell Obama to respond to her every need. Oh and some of these salaries being paid is quite handsome as well. I mean come on who does someone gotta know [*SNIP*] to get on this payroll? Be interesting to see if this ever makes mainstream headlines. heh.

canadafreepress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Crude comments removed.

[edit on 7/9/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
All first ladies have large staffs. Hilary had 20, plus 15 interns.

For people complaining about the cost; the monies has been a part of the budget in every administration,

"The staff is salaried by public funds through annual executive branch appropriations approved by Congress."

So to try to first, imply that Michelle Obama is doing something out of the ordinary, is wrong, and secondly, unless you can find me somewhere that states she's spending out of budget, then, it's all business as usual.

If you don't understand that the first lady has a job, one that takes people to accomplish, or if you simply don't want the government to have this long established role, then do something about it and write your congressman.

But don't try and play the 'omg, the obamas are stealing our monies' card.

www.firstladies.org...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Hey, hey, woah, your forgetting....

She has her own garden so she's reserved the right to these twenty two cough slaves cough staffers.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Haha I love it!

To imply that Mrs. O-No! Is doing something out of the ordinary is whatever you said.

The reason those Oh no's are in the office, is because it's supposed to be "change" not the exact same.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Does it make sense to 'change' what you're doing if it hinders you in accomplishing your job? Change just for change's sake is just silly.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

I thought the Obamabots voted for "Change"?

Not only that, but they are sitting here getting ready to tax us out of house and home and they can't make budget cuts?

So yes this is business as usual, but in all honesty this has got to stop. I could understand 3 personal assistance for whatever reasons, but 22 staffers? She doesn't get paid and her official role is to make appearances.

Yea don't give me that crap. Just more hypocrisy from this administration.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

I can honestly with certainty say that if there was a republican in office who said the same thing these people said and did this, it'd be atrocity, and would blow MJ out of the water...

Better yet, if a white person were in office it'd be a much bigger deal. not one to support racism but I acknowledge it's existance in society since it's real and not a fictional story book or history book, its here and now.

If you promise change and spend all the money that we've ever had and show no signs of limiting yourself, then your worthless in my book.

If you call upon the american people, and up your ante to a position where everyone looks up to you, and you so no signs of principle your worthless.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Personnell adds up when the assistants have assistants.

I don't care how many people past first ladies had working for them before her. I find it hypocritical of them to tell me that I have to tighten my belt while her assistants have assistants.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
We are change alright, chump change, worth mere pennies.

Maybe she needs many slaves to tuck in her tail and polish her talons., who knows but it seems awefully ridiculous to have so many people at her disposal (no pun intended) which doesn't include chefs and basic daily care and security. You'd think since others are doing without some luxuries in these times of crisis that she could at the least make her own sammich every once in a while. But, likely there are two staffers on board for that. One to hold the bread while the other slathers the grey poupon. Maybe a third to do the cutting. Hate to know how many are in attendance just so she can use the can.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by suzque66

Well Obama must have his pie, as he's stated in almost every interview i've seen of him, why not talk about I don't know the two wars going on, nope hmmmmmm pie..... ;D ridiculous

If she needs that many people while hundred of thousands of people are losing their lively hoods a month, then they need to get out, and find someone else.

Not to mention they spent more then all presidents combined on the inauguration! Just saying. They have no money worries.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thats a thread I made, where it's stated that obama reps don't understand the tea parties, because he understands our pain. I smell a bull aroudn, but I see no bull i'll look down now, oh there it is.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Like me, you wear your agenda on your sleeve... (Member Name)

Do you regret picking that one as I do mine? lol

-----

AND 22 STAFFERS?!?!

I work at a multi-million dollar car dealership that employs less people than that!!!

[edit on 9-7-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Well now we know how many people it takes to change a light bulb in the White House.

I hope one comes on soon and these clowns get a real idea on how to at least stop worsening the economy...

Fixing it I know is a little much to ask for, but not making it worse would be great.

Yes it truly is change you can believe in when the change is from bad to worse and there is no escaping the fact anywhere!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Sarah Palin has a larger staff and she is a quitter.

I would hope that if YOUR wife were being attacked, the way you deep south hill-billies are attacking her, you would want some help too.

Give it up and get real.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Lol, read below my Member Name, also if someone exception of you, is going to judge me by a username and not the content, then they are just as bad as a racist, who judges a cover and not the person.

TruthWithin' I have no idea what your trying to say there.

I do appreciate your extreme way of trying to prove a point with insults because that's obviously the only basis for the claim you have. You give it up and get real, why not act like an adult.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Looks like I need to get my husband into politics so I can have 20 people waiting on me so I don't have to do a thing. I can understand hiring one or two assistants to keep track of her schedule or run errands, but 20? Come on now, that's just ridiculous. No First Lady in the history of our country has done anything so taxing that they needed 20 people to wait on them.

All it is is an excuse to spend more money while the rest of the country is cutting down on expenses and many are now struggling to make ends meet. Maybe instead of calling on the country to support Obama and his policies, Michelle should be calling on herself to risk breaking a nail and not have 20 attendants.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Sarah Palin has a larger staff and she is a quitter.

I would hope that if YOUR wife were being attacked, the way you deep south hill-billies are attacking her, you would want some help too.

Give it up and get real.

First, what does Sarah Palin have to do with this conversation?

This is about Mrs. Obama, being a hypocrite. I remember her saying, "some people are going to have to give up a piece of their pie in order for other to get a slice."

But yet she keeps taking more of the pie for herself? Can you not see the hypocrisy?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Looks like I need to get my husband into politics so I can have 20 people waiting on me so I don't have to do a thing. I can understand hiring one or two assistants to keep track of her schedule or run errands, but 20? Come on now, that's just ridiculous. No First Lady in the history of our country has done anything so taxing that they needed 20 people to wait on them.

All it is is an excuse to spend more money while the rest of the country is cutting down on expenses and many are now struggling to make ends meet. Maybe instead of calling on the country to support Obama and his policies, Michelle should be calling on herself to risk breaking a nail and not have 20 attendants.

I can understand 5 assistants, maybe a little more, but I guess I'm ignorant about why 20 would be needed. I sure would like to see the time sheets of what is being done for 800 hours a week at our expense?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
I can understand 5 assistants, maybe a little more, but I guess I'm ignorant about why 20 would be needed. I sure would like to see the time sheets of what is being done for 800 hours a week at our expense?

I'd like to see those too. I'm sure they're chock full of necessities that Michelle can hardly be expected to do herself. Like maybe her hair..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
That list didn't include her two Make-up artist & Hair stylists. Top make-up artists make around 150,000-200,00 a year. Her hair people are probably making 45,000 to 50,000 bucks easy.. It's simply insane.. I don't blame the Obama's, I blame the system of over indulgence in the white house. That goes for both dem and republics.. Honestly i would love for the people of the USA to take back their government.

<<   2  3 >>

join