It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Forgot Where He Met His Wife

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
www.thebigfeedblog.com...

Obama lied about where he met his wife today, In Russia while talking to a classroom full of students. It's all laid out in that link.

Simply a gaffe? Intended lie to suit his surroundings? Or a concocted story about where he met his wife, because of certain acquaintances and affiliations?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
it is what is called a "white lie" just to have something "cute" to share with the Russians.
no harm done except wth the missus.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
probably just another "reason to stay in school" type lies.

you know the ones where they tell you college is absolutely necessary to be a success in any sort of way.

this really isnt that big of a deal.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I want to see posters from the barrage of "OMG Glenn Beck LIED" threads relating to that stupid View debacle come in and jump down Obamas throat for this horrible LIE.

All I'm looking for is a little consistency. Will I get it? Doubtful.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I will just assume the teleprompter broke and he "tried" to think for himself. Lord knows he doesn't have a clue unless it written in bold type on a screen in front of him.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'm just going to assume that this DOESN"T matter since it really doesn't. Who cares what he says to a class of students about his personnal life?

My god, this isn't news and people really need to start paying attention to what's really going on instead of focusing on this "Non-President".

He's already a lame duck.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
How does you forget the depths of Hell unless you're SATAN?

PROOF!

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Moonsouljah]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
My God...Really? This is what it has come to?

He was an intern, she was an associate.

He was "in school" at the time..though not "in class" when he met her.

Wow...you got him! Busted! What sillyness.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Maybe he was talking about the next Mrs. Obama that he did meet in class?
Now that would be scandalous wouldn't it?

Of all the lies he's told, this one concerns me the least. I think explaining to his wife why he forgot where they met is punishment enough for this one.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This latest offering might seem like a thread in an Obama tapestry, however I just view it as a Presidential brain fart. It happens to the best of us.

This certainly wouldn't be the first Presidential brain fart.

I can say "fart", can't I? I think so.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Kind of like how McCain couldn't remember how many houses his wife owned.

Both sides are guilty of not remembering something insignificant. McCain didn't get a pass on his forgetfulness. Why should Obama?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well I can tell ya one thing..
If you have no problem lying to a bunch of school children, you definitely do not have a problem lying to anyone else.

Doesn't seem like a big deal to me though.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I hear ya JD; at the time of the McCain gaffe, I thought it was a non-issue as well.

I'm trying my damnest to be supportive of the POTUS, given that he's been elected, however I don't mind saying that many of the current policies scare me, make me afraid for the citizens.

that said, I don't think this particular fib matters much. I think it's fine if anyone makes a big deal of it, because -- as you said -- big deals were made of "opposition" things that were similar. I just can't get excited about it myself.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Perhaps he had been drinking when he met his wife. That's the reason I can't remember where I met any of my wives or GF's. So sue me!!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

He could have been hopped up on snow as well.

I asked my current wife to marry me while I was drunk. I didn't have the heart to tell her I didn't remember proposing to her the next day. So we went out and bought a ring.

I haven't been drunk since.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
If I'm Russian, and the SOB will lie about the little things, then I sure as hell don't want to take a chance with him on the big things.

I think he's told so many falsehoods for so long, it's now become a habit to just make it up as you go along.

That dog of his? After all his lies?

Bet he has to get someone else to call it for him!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SFC Reese

Dude, your signature has got to be one of the best that I have read in a long time. Thanks for the laugh.

On topic:
Obama and Michellles relationship has probably been engineered in some think tank in Chicago. So telling the story of meeting in some secret conference room doesn't sound too romantic to the masses.

I would have expected a story to the effect of Barry playing the guitar whilst serenading her on the balcony of her sorority house. Under a full moon of course.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
He was probably to embarrassed to tell them she was his boss when they met.

top topics

join