It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming or.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
wow! today i gotta say that we some huge downpour here in England..... like some monsoon weather..... massive lightning and thunder..... havn't seen it like this for a good long while and just to think it was 32c sunny and clear sky's just 4 & 5 days ago..... it's turned into an ice shower now!!!

This is either global warming at it's worse or just some strange weather pattern but whatever way you look at it..... something strange is happening! Ice in July is unheard of here....

A good way to stop this global weather change is to knock down half of the buildings that are here...... i've been recieving messages from outside this world to do this....

Anyone else get strange weather conditions where you are?

[edit on 7-7-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
well its been cloudy and pretty windy out here....feels really differnt...cause for the past 4 or 5 days the wind hasnt stopped one lil bit..and its been a week since ive seen the sun.....mayb its just me but i don't know..

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

wow--are you in the South ???
Here in harrogate, It's windy and wild.
The winds here have been intensifying in strength for a few yrs now.
I started logging the world's extreme weather a few yrs ago cos I knew the climate was going through extreme changes.
Something just came over me and told me I needed to record it all

So I keep a daily log.
Weird though--ice in July ??

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Actually it's neither global warming nor any strange weather pattern. Just common or garden English weather. And hail in summer is about as rare and unusual as snow in January!

Of course, as usual, all the decent storms missed here

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Considering it's Missouri, having the most diverse weather in the world, the weather doesn't seem out of the ordinary.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
its same as usual for england.

No such thing as man made global warming, just the fact that people do not remember more than a week back.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

No such thing as man made global warming, just the fact that people do not remember more than a week back.

Wrong! This is something not seen since the wild winds of 1986 swept through.......

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Hi! Yep i'm in London and it was quite a downpour..... very weird for July and especially the Ice!!

Like i said it's time for the building to stop and time to knock a few down, it's also time for some people to stop thinking about themselves and think about others.... especially the ones having 7 or 8 children!!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Yeah lighting and wind a while ago, everything calm now thou.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The worlds climate is in turmoil---extreme weather is being recorded all over the globe.
Man-made or not climate change is happening and quickly.
Arctic ice-caps are melting at the fastest rate ever recorded.
Mid-west USA was hit by severe storms for most of winter.
China's Yangtze river is shrinking at an alarming rate.
Spain suffering from worst drought in 40 yrs.
Flooding in Iowa was described as a 1 in 500 yr event.
China hit by the worst flooding in decades.
Freak storms in South Africa--flooding and mudslides.
Heaviest monsoon rains in 60yrs in Eastern India.
Hong Kong--June was wettest month since records began in 1884.
Australia--worst drought in a century.
I could go on and on with this----
The climate and eco-system is on red-alert. If nothing is changed and changed fast then the world your children will inherit will be uninhabitable.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

It's over-population that's the real problem.
And the greed over profit at the expense of nature. Yeah lets get more boxes built, who cares if they're on a flood plain ??
It must be a nightmare livin where you do !!!
How is the UK possibly goin to cope when we have a severe drought, with the amount of people on this tiny little island??
No-one in power gives a damn as long as they're lining their pockets.
Makes me soooooo mad

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
we have had pretty weird weather here all week, very very humid around 90 f most of the time and very warm then all of a sudden yesturday we had a major storm were i am it knocked out the broadband and phones. today has been very muggy and cloudy and overcast all day its almost as if there is no air.

im in edinburgh scotland

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

True! ~Very True...... Aint nothing but concrete everywhere i go...... and your right.... the Governments don't care...... I really don't know what they are doing about this.... doesn't make sense..... why are they trying to cram all these people together in this small place? Spending all that cash on the Olympics is another bad idea.... should have spent the cash on Sea defences, border control & creating green areas! The people who run Government are so damn dumb!!!

I'm fed up with this place to tell you the truth..... I wanna go someplace like Costa Rica!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Hi Ronishia.... very weird to say the least.... what you say about dark clouds! I have noticed these dark clouds overhead for at least the last 6 months except the 2 weeks for Wimbledon Tennis! I knew there was something strange about this.... i've never noticed dark clouds hovering overhead for so long!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Governments don't care!! Pigs in a trough.
I used to live on the East Coast and it breaks my heart seeing the coastal erosion there.
We've gotta accept that this country is a sewer nowadays--everyone but the rich crammed into tiny spaces.
It's unhealthy--no wonder allergies n things are increasing.
And man--Costa Rica or anywhere you can breathe and feel free sounds like Utopia.
But unfortunately wherever we move to won't let us escape the revenge of Gaia--extreme climate.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

yea same here and they seem very low lying to me i almost expect to see something fly out of them sometimes
i look up at them through my window all the time when am sitting here and just get this really freaky feeling

wether all this is related to global warming or even the soler flair activity this week i dont know but even for Scotland this weather is unusual, one example was when i had my kids out on a big walk we were out 6 hours, it was raining and very cloudy yet an hour after getting home i had sunburn on my back of my neck and arms which was very hot and burny. been a strange week thats for sure

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Wrong! This is something not seen since the wild winds of 1986 swept through.......

Haha i remember plenty serious thunder storms in summer before, in england and i have lived here all but 1 year of my life.

Look at global temps and see if they really are changing like you say.

What can you guys do about the sun, as it has nothing to do with your cars.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

I was transfixed by the clouds last night--the sky was a blanket of real ominous black clouds but white clouds were below them --it was like a two-tone thing

Never seen that before.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The artic jet stream has refused to leave, bringing all this cool weather the US has been experienced and sweeps your way. While ice is a little unusual, it probably can be contributed to this jet stream. Good news is that it should be moving shortly, and everything will be returning to normal.

I certainly hope it hasn't endangered your crops there!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

yea thats exactly what i mean, even now looking out its like a large blanket has covered the sky low lying grey/white and then dark ones above it, almost like a scrunched up blanket lol wish i could find my bluetooth id have taken a pic with my phone and posted it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join