It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life - The Biggest Scam In The World

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Originally posted by bobbylove321
How's that a meaningful life? You work to be able to pay for a house your entire life!
REPLY: ....only took me 22 years.

You pay for an education that should be free to begin with!
REPLY: Who cuts and processes the wood to make the paper for books, who pays for the electricity to do all of it? Who grows and sells food for nothing?

Who teaches for nothing? Whether it's paper or coins or stones or whatever, there has to be a way to compensate others for their work. I'm assuming that you work for nothing? You live in a dream world, and whoever taught you your ideals should be in prison.

Instead, we are stuck in a world where MONEY rules EVERYTHING!
REPLY: No... the WANT of money plays a large part in what we need, want and do. The amount of those things you desire are up to you, the individual.

We come into the world with nothing but our minds and bodies, and we leave this world with only our minds. Everything else should be free because it's all put here on earth for experience and a good life to get to know other people, and interact with other minds and souls.
REPLY: you've made your decision, then, to live on the street on handouts and whatever you can find to eat and cloth yourself with? Most everything we have was not "PUT" here, it was made, grown or produced in one way or another. Think of it this way: money.... paper money in this example, are merely certificates of appreciation given in exchange for goods or services we cannot provide for ourselves. At one time, those huge stone donuts were used as money.

Well, 'nuff said. now go find some sheep wool and make some sting, and a bone just the right shape and catch yourself some fish for lunch.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoLoeb
This is really just pie-in-the-sky stuff. It's better to accept that things are as they are. We are moving forward, not backward, and the closer we get to a unified world under one government, the better off everybody will be. Who would ever want to go back to primitivism and tribalism? The whole point of progress is to cure us for once and for all of these ills.

REPLY: You are truly scary, dude (or dude-ette). Whose ideals would you use for your one government crap-hole...... Chavez? .... Castro? ..... Hitler? History proves your ideas to be a failure, and yet you want more? Who taught you that crapola?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
OK I'm gonna let you into a little known secret. Life or physical life as we know it is a scam. A melevolent being, God like in nature set it in motion that way. Before the onset of evolution even the big bang (which was the real God as 'one'), we were already conscious but in order to save ourselves we had to go through the whole process of evolution, yes from start to finish. God became fragmented and the forces that were in a war against him gained the upper hand.

Know this also and that is our presense in a physical body is not our natural state, rather it is a state of litteral imprisonment within your own body. In fact the physical world is not as it should be and the convergence of conscious energy has more or less put it into a fixed state. There is actually a more natural state of matter which you may have experienced in your dreams, and in that state matter can actually bend to your will so that you can litterally build your own reality around you.

So yes life as we know it is a lie, some of you may find that hard to swallow simply because the questions it raises are too hard to deal with. I simply say this deal with it and help fight the fight and overthrow TPTB that are keeping us locked into this illusion of sadness, lies, manipulation and deceit.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by pharaohmoan]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You dont own anything FrankZappaFan1 and your a fool if you think you do. So it took you 22 years to pay off a bank loan, BRAVO, gonna take that land bricks and mortar to your grave, BRAVO, then what? Perhaps you should stop giving poor Bobby here a hard time and take a good look at your own values and meaning to life. He's on the right track, just needs a little guidance.
Who teaches for free? Well the VSO does, Voluntary Services Overseas. Sure they provide a small salary but trust me it doesnt cover your living expenses. I teach for less money than I did when I was an apprentice, barely covers my living expenses, had to give up a lot of nasty habits but my soul feels good.
Let me tell you something about money, it's an IOU, an IOU for nothing. All of those processes you seem so concerned about are paid for with, guess what? Nothing! The only thing of value on this planet in terms of human society is human labour and the people who wish to rule this planet are doing their best to make that commodity redundant. Everything on this planet is for free, regardless of who puts what price on it.
Here's a little message to all the crusaders who think that by raising the standard of living of the third world to the first world will make everybody happy. It wont. You should be lowering our standard of living to their standards, it would make us all a lot happier, more able and willing to aid our fellow man, and save the planet to boot. Lets move backwards, not forwards. Progression doesnt do anything other than find new ways of destruction. Tear down industry, politics, religion, economy. Try it the hard way for a change. I think we'd do a lot better, we'd certainly have more fun....................by the by Im very, very drunk so if this little rant makes no sense, I dont care!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think that everyone is beginning to become more enlightened, and question the status-quo paradigms in which most of us find ourselves.
Yes, I would agree, that the world wide systems that exists today, had been cynically perfected over millennium. The name of the game everywhere is about control.
It is about controlling your thoughts, behaviors, income, wealth, status, and power. It is about some overlord or the other, dictating and ruling the genuflecting masses, with absolute brute force. Question the ruling class, and face swift, inexorable justice.
This has been the way mankind has dealt with itself since the time of the Pharaoh's, and earlier.
Man has slaughtered itself at the behest of some dictator, king, queen, president,or state thug forever. Those that sacrifice themselves for some flag, or symbol representing the aristocracy, are always the poor, powerless, guileless, witless, and gullible. For no one in their right mind, would accept being put to the sword, axe, arrow, club, bullet, bomb of another man, knowing that the whole reason for the conflict in the first, is because of idiotic thinking by their leaders.
How many countless, billions of human lives, have been lost to mankind's constant beating in the brains of the other.
Is the person holding holding a PHd Degree from Oxford really any better than the person shoveling out horse stalls in North Dakota? Is one persons life really worth more than the anothers? Or are we all equal?
This where the scam comes in. For, the elite, will tell you instantly, that they ARE indeed better than you and me, and will make sure you are well aware of your place. It is your place to fall on the battle field for them and their progeny, because you don't count. Refuse to join ranks and march to your certain death, and face the ruling classes wrath. Die for them in the blood soaked mud of the war zones, or be bound to a pole, and shot, with your name and honor disgraced from their mouths.
The pacifist will gladly watch you die, if it spares them one second of inconvenience, or unhappiness. The rich will always expect, that the poor will sacrifice for them. The rich will always expect to become wealthier, and more powerful, and to be in charge...never giving credence or respect to the little peoples voice.
Then there are the zealots. These individuals are the morons who do not possess a rational bone in their body. For the pious and self righteous cannot be wrong! Those that speak to some god or another directly, and are their right hand...always seek the blood of someone else. You cannot deal rationally with zealots. Religion has and will continue to be the undoing of all mankind, until the world annihilates itself.
When you have someone, who has immense wealth and fortune, and wears the ordained crown, the are never satisfied. They never have enough. They will covet what the other has, and will the send the booboisie to the killing fields, with their flags fanning the winds of war.
Where does it end? Is education the answer? Does it help one iota?
Look at what education has wrought... More powerful Atomic Bombs, proliferation of Intercontinental Ballistic missiles, Predator Drones, countless Spy Satellites, constant Cyber Monitoring, A.B.C. warfare threats.
What has the pursuit of,acquisition and accumulation of wealth accomplished?
Unbridled greed, corruption, and cynicism. More warfare, civil unrest, riots, police states, thuggery, thievery, prisons, and choke holds on peoples civil liberties.
What does the human want? Usually, just to live his days out peacefully,happily,healthily without being threatened, beaten, marginalized,
sacrificed, or otherwise brutalized.
What are the answers? Can man save himself at this point? Can there be reasonable equality for all?
Thus far, man's history has not shown much hope or promise. A long as the entire system is setup to exclude many for the benefit of the few, we will be doomed to failure one generation after the other.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
make the best of it ...... so what someone got a better deal then you

dont waste your time complaining.

we only have so much time anyways ....

and do not forget to live each day as if its your last

yes its a old phrase but if you live life that way then it stays fresh

and magical thing may occur,(but do not expect anything )

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I wouldn't say life is the biggest scam of all....

Society is!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I find it hilarious some of you people conclude life is a scam, as if you could somehow objectively stand outside of the experience of life itself and make a judgement of what life is....

reply to post by agentofchaos

Life is only worthwhile if there is a balance. For example, candy is good, but you can't eat it every meal or you'll get sick. You can't live a life of fantasy and idle pursuits, it amounts to precisely, jack. Ever been unemployed? I have, and it's the best thing since sliced bread... for the first month. After that, you feel like a leech on society and long for a way to better yourself and society. In my view, the OP is just mad because he can't get everything in life without busting his ***. I'm right there with you brother, but unfortuantely, that's not only how human society works, but nature in general. You need to sacrifice a part of yourself for the greater good in order to get something in return from the world.

Have you ever saved up a lot of money to get something you've always wanted? When you finally get it, you feel good about yourself. If everything was just given to us without slaving away 40 hours a week, we wouldn't have anything to challenge us and stimulate our minds.

Do you think we evolved into hyper-intelligent monkeys without a lot of hard work? We still have a long way to improve, and maybe someday we'll reach that point, but for now, it's a rigged game. Some cope with it better than others, I guess.

Telling us we could "achieve a lot more" if we weren't slaving away at work is foolish. What would you do without a job? How would you pay for a gym membership or a college education? How could you convince professors to teach pupils without them getting paid? Maybe you forgot that the computer that allows you to surf ATS was created in a factory with people working 8 hour jobs? Because without people busting their *** there would be no creature comforts. There would be no way for you to complain to us.

Until we figure out how to make robots do all the work for us, it's going to require our labor and sacrifice. Yeah yeah, there are people at the top who benefit from our labor, but isn't it a two way street? We benefit from them needing a service.

People who hate working need to change professions, it's that simple. I hated slaving away in an office, so what did I do? I became a security guard and sit on my *** reading the newspaper for $17.30 an hour.

One of the challenges of life is learning to appreciate what little you have. You more than likely live in a Western country. Don't you realize you have it better than 95% of the world automatically right off the bat? Women don't find complaining very attractive, and it's not gonna get you anywhere.

If you don't want to work, get laid off from your job and collect unemployment for a year.

All you have to do to feel good about being another cog in the machine is to cheat the system that cheats you as best you can without getting caught. The key is to slack off at work and do as little as possible while still maintaining a job. It's a lot easier than you think.

When you think about it, you're not even spending 1/3 of your week at work if you count weekends. Some security jobs I have worked were actually MORE entertaining than my home life.

Less than 1/3 of your time is not too bad of a deal to participate in a decadent society with internet, cars, free speech, cheap food, gold digging women, etc.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by northexpedition]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Hi Bobby, I've read your full post.

I totally agree.

Star for this & the way you told the story, I've added you as friend.

I needn't say anything further because I know you're a free thinker & I've got a couple of threads myself on the nature of our current existence.

All the best.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
how do we evolve from monkeys?

i never knew a species could evolve into another species.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by ems731]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

a "French" revolution is required in the US in order to re-balance stuff and put humanity back on track, we totally derailed from the track and fell into the ravine...

Does anyone know how the revolution got organized? Pamphlets!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c4896852fc7.jpg[/atsimg]
(src: www.bsu.edu......)

so simple it just might work, if the French could do it....

www.bsu.edu...

[edit on 11-7-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Your "story" is intellectually offensive. You present three cartoonish stereotypes. You leave out any chance that at least one of these people possesses intelligence, honor, a sense of duty, ambition, a charitable nature, a loving nature, curiosity or any of a multitude of characteristics that can take a kid from the ghetto to a bountiful life or take a the black heart of an evil man and transform it into one of kindness. You present people as mindless and soulless automatons that have zero chance of moving out of the the life they were born into, which is silly to put it kindly. And the fact that you think money, or lack thereof, is the single most defining aspect of a person is just sad.

And I feel sad for you, OP. Because if this is how you see life you must be very sad, but you'll never do anything to improve it because you don't think that it is possible.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by northexpedition

I'm talking about getting out of the monotenous drool and you want to stay in. You can stay asleep. Have a good life and best to you.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If life is a scam, then why do so many of you still continue to enjoy it?

I would rather live in a lie and be happy 100% of the time then live in reality (but according to some of you, we have not the slightest clue what that is!) and be angry 100% of the time.

The problem is this. That isn't how everything operates and neither is the sense that life is a scam.

It is either intelligent design or "it is what it is". It is NOT a scam.

Everything is a cycle. Even our state of being and universe.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Star and flag! You have made an excellent point about the nature of 'life.' The monotony and the illusions...I know from doing the thing to do: go to school, get good grades, go to a great college, etc that it is not worth it. It seems like it is at first, but that is just an impression that the powers want us all to have. I can't say I haven't known this for ages, but it's nice to hear it from someone else. The illusions of life can seem so overwhelmingly powerful when everyone else just settles for it and raises a family and deludes themselves into thinking they're happy and having fun going to the park and eating ribs and driving a Mercedes.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join