It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"B" Class Solar Flare happening right now!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
reply to post by Chadwickus

will be interesting to keep a close watch on aircraft in the next few days. There were a few theories linking the recent air france crash to solar flares.

Even a speck of proof? Any at all? It's been quiet for months.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
hey i also live in pa and thats why i said look at the sky something is going to happen never seen the sky like this before this late at night. cotton candy clouds!!!! solar storm may come true.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

There were a few theories linking the recent air france crash to solar flares.

Except, that's NOT what the 'theories' said.

AND....why did three other flights, all within the same hour, in the same region, pass safely and unaffected? Solar flares last for hours, if not days, at a time.

AND....the weather conditons present at the time of AF 447 accident would be far more potent than some Solar flare from 96,000,000 miles away....

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
you do have a point about the other planes not going down but take this into consideration maybe this can help to explain why all of a sudden we are hearing planes going down every week without an explanation or blaming it on some kind of storm (not solar) or the wind. some have even just blamed it on the unexperienced pilot.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Would you be able to indicate the object on your photos somehow?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jziegler
did anybody notice over on the east coast of usa that the sky looks like cotton candy, most people say when the sky is turning pink its going to get hot, another theory for the solar flare storm

www.spaceweather.com...

What you are seeing is most likely from Sarychev peak in Russia, which is erupting at the moment.

Quote from source

On June 12, 2009, Russia's Sarychev Peak volcano erupted, hurling an enormous plume of ash and sulfur dioxide into the stratosphere. This has produced some unusually beautiful sunrises and sunsets around the northern hemisphere. When the sun goes down, delicate ripples of white appear over the western horizon. Then, as twilight deepens, the sky turns a lovely shade of "volcanic lavender." Fine volcanic aerosols in the stratosphere scatter blue light which, when mixed with ordinary sunset red, produce the lavender hue. Other signs to look for include a bright yellow "twilight arch" and long crepuscular rays and shadows.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
no it can't be from the russia volcanic stuff because our sunset looked nothing like the ones you posted. it looked like true cotton candy if there was a plastic stick in the sky i probably would have laughed. the blue was a sky blue and the pink was the color of pink. but i could be wrong but i think this is just the beginning of the solar storm.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Not sure if they cotton candy sky means a solar storm coming, but out of all the years living here, this is the first time it's been so, nice looking heh.

Either if it means something or not, I personally don't mind it, cotton candy sky plus fireworks actually looks really nice...if only I had a date it would be perfect!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
We can only speculate on the damage this will do. If it is over a class G, we can expect power outages. God forbid a class S or worse, billions could die.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
i don't believe it will be a class s where billions will die i think it could get bad enough for power outages but on the other hand if power does go out many will die since patients in hospitals rely on the power to stay on to keep their life support going. on the other hand it could mean many will die since planes rely on power to communicate back and forth with towers so they don't crash into each other and land.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by toast317
......cotton candy sky plus fireworks actually looks really nice...if only I had a date it would be perfect!

Here, have a pity star!

Enjoy the sunset, it may be your last......according to some.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Satchmo Bevins]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It would be nice if you are comenting on the clouds in your sky that you take a picture and post it so we can see it. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pitchdragon
just a question

if we have a solar eruption on 7 july what does it mean we are not alone and ET's send us message with crop circle ?
is it possible i dont know i try to be rational, and if it happen it mean also all the message in the crop are going to happen, now i feel very wierd my head says it's not possible but in the same time we will have a proof that somone is communicate with us and not from this world...and event are comming.

i'll jump to that conclusion the 7 july if we have this solar eruption we enter to a new era very exciting no.

what does solar activity have to do with et's??? dont be so quick to draw abstract conclusions. look for the hard evidence first. im not saying its impossible. just that there isnt any hard evidence to suggest it. nothing i have seen in this thread anyway. so either yur comment is moot or in the wrong thread.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jziegler

Id like to see some pics....got a digital cam?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

I believe hes refering to this Thread>>>

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
unfortanutley if i was at home i wouldve been able to get a pic up on here but i am stuck at work with no camera, but it was pretty. anybody else have weird sunsets?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jziegler

Yeah here in Ohio I saw a strange one, pinkish color to it.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Argokoo

Well there are pinkish clouds during sunsets and all, all im saying is it has been...different. Not just the pink ,but more of a cotton candy look to it like the other poster said.

and they last ALOT longer, like until 9:10 at night, which I have never seen.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Shooting thermonuclear weapons into the sun would have about as much effect as peeing in the ocean, or passing gas during a hurricane. Trust me, no one's going to notice.

To the best of my knowledge (and of course, I'm not an expert), solar flares aren't going to wipe out our power infrastructure. They could wipe out the more delicate components of it, those relying on computers. At least they could, in theory. In practice, electronic circuits are fairly robust.

The flares aren't going to wipe out the generators, however, nor will they fry the transmission lines.

I'd be more concerned about our satellites. I imagine they've got some sort of protective circuitry, but I don't know how much they can take. If we lose a bunch of those, we might lose some of our communications abilities, though the land-based lines would still survive.

I wouldn't worry too much about this, simply because 1) nothing much is likely to happen, and 2) there's not a thing we can do about it at this point.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by toast317

Yeah now that you mention it they were cotton candy like.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join