It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA vs. Obama--Who is Right?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This is just a soory excuse for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals to get their names in the news once more. I can not believe I am going to say this but I think I have to side with Comrade Obama.

Maybe they should have given him a pair of chopsticks and told him to catch it instead.....

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason
Well, it's time to make your opinions count on a topic that REALLY MATTERS!

PETA is upset with President Obama over a little fly-killing incident in the White House. With whom do you stand by?

Norfolk-based group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the flyswatter in chief to try taking a more humane attitude the next time he's bedeviled by a fly in the White House.

PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside.

"We support compassion even for the most curious, smallest and least sympathetic animals," PETA spokesman Bruce Friedrich said Wednesday. "We believe that people, where they can be compassionate, should be, for all animals."
hamptonroads.com.nyud.net...

Whoa. Huh?

A fly?!

Outrageous! I mean, flies contribute so much to our ecosystem! They help spread disease, pollinate Rafflesias, and give maggots to the world!

HOW DARE OBAMA KILL A FLY!

I'll bet Republicans will get pissed too, not just PETA.

"He doesn't just kill the economy, he kills insects too! What did I tell you? There is NO change! He's just like any other fly-swatting human!"

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I was having quite a challenging day at work when I heard the person next to me say this. I had a much better day thereafter. It's a game of "who is being absurd?" Is it PETA for not caring about the real animal cruelty cases going on in the world? Is it Mr. Obama who's party supports PETA? Is it the news who has nothing better to do than report on this? The news has turn towards entertainment rather than things that affect the daily lives of individuals.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
and i thought i was a member of PETA! I must have misunderstood what it stood for! I thought it was People Eating Tasty Animals.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KarlG

I'll bet Republicans will get pissed too, not just PETA.

I'm with Premier Obama on this one. You won't get too many Republicans siding with PETA.

I'm sure everyone has had a run in with one of those pesky flies, the ones who refuse to move on...it's like they are on suicide missions to annoy you.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mortalengine
reply to post by severdsoul

Hey dont be hating PETA - thanks to them we get naked chicks protesting against fur on a regular basis.

True, but alot of those chicks should keep their clothes on.

PETA needs to go away.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Let Obama win this one, he's been getting the beat down lately

Seriously, PETA is being ridiculous. As I stated in a another thread, why are insecticides and pesticides widely available on the market if this is such an atrocity?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm a staunch supporter of Animal Rights. However, I am also strongly opposed to PETA and their methods. As far as I'm concerned they walk a razor's edge between Activism and Terrorism.

Insects, although no less sacred than any other life form, can and usually are a nuisance to other life.

I personally like the Dalai Lama's view of insects...on how to deal with a mosquito...

"First I wave and let him know is not OK to bite. If he comes back I slap my arm near as second warning. If he insists in coming back, I have to slap the mosquito for good."

Actually, it would probably do this country a lot of good if we used the same philosophy as the model for our Foreign Policy!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

How about we just play Shoo fly don't bother me over loud speakers for 2 days. At the end of those 2 days we can consider all flies warned and capital punishment will follow for those who don't heed the songs advice.

It is a house hold fly, with a life span of 44 days. In that 44 days it eats garbage, eats crap, spreads disease and get people sick.

I think the world can stand to lose this one fly.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
One second thought, if he did not already start the process to close Guantanamo Bay he could have sent it there and had it water boarded.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

obama is Super Fly he is quick with his hands and quick with a teleprompter. He wanted to show America he is in charge by killing that fly and if any more flies come near him or get in his way he will smash them.

This took great courage and skill to kill this fly and the whole world saw obama show his great skill. It took time and patience to learn and acquire this great skill from being a Community Organizer, Senator and then to The President Of The United States Of America. Please PETA lay off, he is the most powerful man in the world.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by amari]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Peta is a group that abuses there non profit status for political gains.

they are also known for there animal killings.
PETA has opted to “put down” 21,339 adoptable dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens instead of finding homes for them.
www.petakillsanimals.com...
www.petconnection.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason
PETA vs. Obama--Who is Right?

Obama.

But he should have just killed it and moved on.
He, and the news, made a big deal out of it.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/330c8c0450a8.jpg[/atsimg]

That’s what I think about PETA.
There warranty is void peta was a good idea but come on now they get all uppity about a fly when Obama killed it get real.

<< 1   >>

join