It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you experienced strange weather lately?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
We're in Sacramento and here June has felt much more like March. Something is certainly strange about the weather.

I spent at most a week per month here over the past winter, but I noticed that it was much warmer that the preceding winters. I did not turn on the heat once.

Also, here it is June and the A/C has not come on, yet. Last June, it was going 24/7.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Here is an image I cobbled together from a few sources. Please note that the Earth and Magnetosphere are roughly 1,300,000 times larger than actual size, otherwise we wouldn't be able to see too much detail at such a large distance.

Also, it isn't exactly in the right orientation, it could be but it would take way more time that it is worth....

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I just saw this at Drudge today:

weblogs.wgntv.com...

So far, June's chill is one for the records

The cloudy, chilly and rainy open to June here has been the talk of the town. So far this June is running more than 12 degrees cooler than last year, and the clouds, rain and chilly lake winds have been persistent. The average temperature at O'Hare International Airport through Friday has been only 59.5 degrees: nearly 7 degrees below normal and the coldest since records there began 50 years ago.

Here is St. Louis we have experienced the same cooler temps with a high amount of rainfall this Spring/Summer. I haven't had to turn my air conditioning on which is almost unbelievable.

You really don't want to hear anything about global warming when the signs tell you otherwise.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
We just got caught up in a huge thunder storm in the north west of England.

Hail, thunder, lightning, power surges, floods and now sunshine again,....

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 15-6-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Here in South Central Texas it's the opposite of what most are reporting. The heat's coming on early, already in the low 100s, and the already "exceptional" drought going on for almost two years is forecast to worsen through the summer. We are already in water usage restrictions phase two, meaning we'll be lucky if we have a yard a month from now (watering only once per week in the 100s, not good.) The yards are a minor thing relatively; I feel very badly for the wildlife, farmers and ranchers, native trees and vegetation.

Yea, I'd say it's unusual, also a real bummer. Every time I see chemtrails I want answers...is it weather modification? No answers are coming, I'm afraid.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Here in North Texas, we had 8 inches of rain in one day, a record for June. The lightening was unreal!!!!!!! accompanied by the strangest thunder I've ever heard. I have lived in this volatile weather all my life, and I have yet to see anything like what we have had going on all last week.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This is strange. Here in Virginia, in my area, this seems to be something a lot of people are talking about. We have had rain all spring. Almost everday. We have had rain for days straight! We have more than made up our deficit that we have carried for several years just in the last month. Now simple storms cause flooding and I even noticed that I haven't been able to see the stars as well for about a month or so. Its always overcast very little bright sunlight. Nighttime is very overcast. Maybe its just a fluke but I have noticed big changes in the weather locally and I've been here all my life.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Yah its cloudy and 70 degrees in fresno today, 70 degrees in fresno ca in june.

These fluctuations in weather are actualy the norm for cali, the mild weather we had for most of the 20th century was some what of an anomoly.
We can expect big swings in the weather as the overall world temperatures increase. Some areas will see dramatic shifts and others not so much global warming will work out for some and not for others.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
OK, I have a theory guys! We've had a very deep solar minimum. As the sun slowly gurgles to life, it bombards Earth with EM waves and radiation. This causes increased evaporation of water on Earth. These warm air systems bubble up into our atmosphere.

Also, energy is transferred to Earth via the magnetic poles. This may have the effect of pushing super cold polar air towards the equator and into the jetstream.

Super cooled air + warm storm systems, hell - even a grade school knows that that's a recipe for.. Increased cloud and rain, thunderstorms, tornadoes and hurricanes..

I think it's gonna be a wet one.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Last Friday, I was in a pretty bad storm in Memphis.. There were tree limbs flying about and I think 43,000 people lost power (some still don't have it).

Nexrad maps don't have enough granularity at larger scales to accurately measure weather. Like during a bad storm, we need the ability to get that accurate radar pic.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lel1111
I've definately been thinking that myself. I live in L.A. and we're experiencing what seems to me like fall and sometimes spring weather. Last weekend the skies were unbelievably beautiful; big, white puffy clouds and blue skies like I thought I would never see again here. There was an awesome breeze also and this lasted for about three days. Now it's just mostly gloomy clouds all day. It's not like the usual "June gloom" where it's cloudy in the morning and clears up later. It's even supposed to lightening later this week based on weather forecasts. And yes, the chemtrails are still being sprayed most days. I observe them amongst the clouds.

I don't consider myself that much of a theorist but I just feel that for some reason this is not natural.

I'll second that...I grow a garden every year and for the past couple of years the weather's been odd. This year is generally cooler with flashes of above normal heat. I was just remarking to a friend the other day that the weather felt more like fall than late spring, and the "June gloom" wasn't normal.

Dunno about chemtrails, though, personally I know them as contrails, pretty harmless in and of themselves, but I really wonder about the thermodynamic effects of leaving a trail of high temperature in a cold layer. It certainly effects cloud formation, just look at weathr maps following 9/11 when the airlines were grounded. Big difference before and after.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Here in Dallas Texas.

For three straight days the weather channel, predicted 0% chance of rain, wasn't going to happen.

We had three of the strongest thunderstorms and heaviest rainfall for three days, right now it's saying that for 10 days absolutely no rain.

My forecast, hell will freeze over!

Just the radar maps look a bit unusual..... what suprises me is, were did all the hurricanes go, i'd be expecting one to pop up by now....

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
To add to the above.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've been seeing much more of these types of clouds, I was in quite an awe when I saw it, there pretty spectacular!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I live in SE Alaska, in a temperate rainforest and we just had 3 weeks of sun and temps in the upper 70's and lower 80's. Unheard of for here. Things were getting pretty dry until this morning when the rain finally returned. The last two winters here have been record snowfalls as well.

It almost feels like back in Minnesota where I moved from a few years ago. Back there, the weather had already changed for the most part, we used to get soaking rains or steady rainfall there, then all of a sudden everything warmed up, the winters became milder, and warmer.

Rain was falling mainly in the form of thunderstorms, with heavy rains. That all started back in 1993, now the upper midwest floods out almost every spring, especially in north dakota.

Well, yup, the climate has been changing for about 15 years slowly but surely.

*watches the rain pour out the window*

I must say, I think I am sitting in a pretty good spot for watching climate change.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Yes, the lightning! It was very unreal,.

I was driving home in the middle of it, and half my trip back it was brighter then the day time from lightning, all the lightning was stationary for at least 5 seconds, you could look and see it flashing again and again in one spot from cloud to earth.

I was certain i'd be hit in my car. I wasn't

I do love lightning though so it'd made my day.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Strange weather here in Colorado for sure. We have had 9 days of severe weather, tornados, hail, strong winds and rain up the ... well you know. The temp has also been really cool.. Haven't ran the AC at all so far which is really strange. Normally we are in the high 80's to low 90's. Cool mornings, in the 40's. Very abnormal.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Each year the weather has been getting stranger and stranger, the seasons merging from four into two and now two into one here in Southern Oregon.

Since the beginning of this year we have had either snow or rain every single day for a region that normally gets one snow day an entire year and a week of rain in the Spring. Since May 29th of this year, we have had freak electrical storms every single day without fail.

Here is a picture of one of these storms in my town from the end of May:

The unusual non-stop rain alone would make me think that the Temperate Rain Forest in Northern California is just expanding. However, the daily electrical storms that have been happening for the past several weeks makes me suspect something else is going on. We do get our share of thunderstorms, but never until late Summer (late August to mid-September).

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Here in illinois it has been rain,rain and more rain.We haven't seen the sun in days and its been weeks without a some kind of overcast.My father has had to replant his garden 3 times due to standing water.He said he can't remember replanting since the 70's.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Yes, strange weather is also happening in Wyoming. Apart from being unusually cold. We are having temperatures in the morning at about 60-70, and at night around 35-55 when it should be a lot hotter this time of year. Lots of thunderstorms, more than usual.

BTW, i reported in another thread something I found meanwhile researching "dwarf stars" that scientists have found for some reason the astronomical Units, also know as distance, of the planets form the Sun has been increasing for some reason.

I kept digging and found research data which states something is causing comets to come earlier than expected which is almost equal to the anomalies affecting our satellites. All of this seems to indicate that something is getting close to our Solar System causing unexplained phenomenon/perturbations.

Whatever is causing this is increasing the distance of the planets in our Solar System from the Sun, and this together with the fact that the Sun's activity has slowed down to a crawl could mean, if it continues, that we will experience more extreme weather events, and possibly a LIA.

Here is the thread where i started posting all this information.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is part of what I found.

6 The increase of the Astronomical Unit

6.1 The observation

From the analysis of radiometric measurements of distances between the Earth and the major planets including observations from Martian orbiters and landers from 1961 to 2003 a secular increase of the Astronomical Unit of approximately 10 m/cy has been reported (36) (see also the article (37) and the discussion therein).

6.2 Search for explanation

Time–dependent gravitational constant and velocity of light This increase cannot be explained by a time–dependent gravitational constant G because the ˙ G/G needed is larger than the restrictions obtained from LLR.

It has also been speculated that a time–dependent change in the velocity of light can be responsible for this effect. Indeed, if the speed of light becomes smaller, than ranging will simulate a drift of distances. However, a inspection of Kepler’s third law
T2 4π2
a3 = GM⊙

(17)

shows that, if one replaces the distance a by a ranging time a = ct, then effectively the quotient G/c3 appears. Only this combination of the gravitational constant and the speed of light governs the ratio between the orbit time, in our case the orbit time of the Earth. Consequently, a time–dependent speed of light is equivalent to a time–dependent gravitational constant. Since the latter has been ruled out to be possibly responsible for an increase of the Astronomical Unit, also a time–dependent speed of light has to be ruled out.

Cosmic expansion The influence of cosmic expansion by many orders of magnitude too small, see Sec.9.2. Neither the modification of the gravitational field of the Sun nor the drag of the planetary orbits due to the expansion is big enough to explain this drift.

Clock drift An increase of ranged distances might also be due to a drift of the time scale of the form t → t + αt2 for α > 0. This is of the same form as the time drift needed to account for the Pioneer anomaly. From Kepler’s third law one may ask which α is suitable in order to simulate the increase of the Astronomical Unit. One obtains α ≈ 3 · 10−20 s−1 what is astonishing close to the clock drift needed for a clock drift simulation of the pioneer anomaly, see Eq.(16) and below.
7 The quadrupole and octupule anomaly Recently an anomalous behavior of the low–l contributions to the cosmic microwave background has been reported. It has been shown that (i) there exists an alignment between the quadrupole and octupole with > 99.87% C.L. [38], and (ii) that the quadrupole and octupole are aligned to Solar system ecliptic to > 99% C.L. [39]. No correlation with the galactic plane has been found.

The reason for this is totally unclear. One may speculate that an unknown gravitational field within the Solar system slightly redirects the incoming cosmic microwave radiation (in the similar way as a motion with a certain velocity with respect to the rest frame of the cosmological background redirects the cosmic background radiation and leads to modifications of the dipole and quadrupole parts). Such a redirection should be more pronounced for low–l components of the radiation. It should be possible to calculate the gravitational field needed for such a redirection and then to compare that with the observational data of the Solar system and the other observed anomalies.

8.2 Other anomalies?
There is one further observation which status is rather unclear bit which perhaps may fit into the other observations. This is the observation of the return time of comets: Comets usually come back a few days before they are expected when applying ordinary equations of motion. The delay usually is assigned to the outgassing of these objects. In fact, the delay is used for an estimate of the strength of this outgassing. On the other hand, it has been calculated in (44) that the assumption that starting with 20 AU there is an additional acceleration of the order of the Pioneer anomaly also leads to the effect that comets come back a few days earlier. It is not clear whether this is a serious indications but a further study of the trajectories of comets certainly is worthwhile.

arxiv.org...

Whatever is causing the Pioneer anomalies is having the same effects in comets, and it has been affecting all planets in the Solar System. This phenomenon seems to be increasing exponentially which means whatever it is, seems to be getting closer to the Solar System.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It was even reported last year in the 37th COSPAR Scientific Assembly as "unexplained phenomenon" as nothing we currently know about the Solar System, and our scientific understanding at present can explain this phenomenon.

Anomalies in the Solar System
Dittus, Hansjoerg

37th COSPAR Scientific Assembly. Held 13-20 July 2008, in Montréal, Canada., p.717

Several observations show unexplained phenomena in our solar system. These observations are e.g. the Pioneer Anomaly, an unexplained constant acceleration of the Pioneer 10 and 11 spacecraft, the Flyby Anomaly, an unexplained increase of the velocity of a series of spacecraft after Earth gravity assists, the recently reported increase of the Astronomical Unit defined by the distance of the planets from the Sun by approximately 10 m per century, the quadrupole and octupole anomaly which describes the correlation of the low l contributions of the Cosmic Microwave Background to the orientation of the Solar system. Lacking any explanation until now, these phenomena are still investigated intensively. In my talk I will discuss the present status of those investigations and the attempts to find reasonable explantions.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

This could very well be part of the reason why Earth, the rest of the planets in the Solar System and even the Sun are behaving so strangely.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join