It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin calls David Letterman "Dirty old Man" and implies he's unsafe around girls!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
gotta love the spin machine. sarah palin's state of alaska is the only state that is not in financial reckage, seems like she knows how to operate and manage her spread sheet accordingly, but with the media spin on her and week minded people beleiving nothing about the truth and everything about the lies the media says. no wonder we are in the predicament we are in. go go obama cause we wouldnt know what to do with a good president. we are going to get what we desserve. people wanted change, and the blind, naive, and ignorant are getting there just due.

just a simple note for the educated, but yet the educated already know this, so i am speaking to the naive.

the next time the media sells you a president as hard as they did with obama, you might want to wipe the glue boogers out of your eyes and think just for once, that maybe this candidate is not in your best interest, and look too the candidate that is getting no press time, like ron paul, or whoever. any how just a little food for thought!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I also fail to see how one can be an "idiot" yet somehow manage to get elected as state governor while raising a family with several kids, have a high approval rating, and also become a vice president nominee.

I guess everyone on this forum are complete morons then.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
She's obviously delusional. He said he meant the 18 year old, said he was sorry, and invited her to the show. She said no, how the hell did she miss the other comments? She needs to get off drugs or get out of her position. Can't have wackos runnin the country.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by shanerz
She's obviously delusional. He said he meant the 18 year old, said he was sorry, and invited her to the show. She said no, how the hell did she miss the other comments? She needs to get off drugs or get out of her position. Can't have wackos runnin the country.

Interesting.

So if someone makes a joke about raping your daughter and you do *something* in response to that joke, you are probably on drugs, delusional, and a wacko?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
David is a dirty old man and a pediphile, and here's why. When someone secretly wishes to do something, they sometimes joke around about it to get a feel for what others think about them for it, and to get turned on by it, like phone sex. In this case, he probably has thoughts about raping little girls, and quite possibly has a thing for female flight attendants. Some secret fling fantasy or something. In any case, if he were saying it about my daughter, I wouldn't be responsible for his hospital visit.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yeah, this is one real tough hockey mom. The first time she takes a cross check in the face, she goes running home crying and moaning about how unfair it all is. Get over yourself babycakes...you ain't that important. That's what you get for hanging out with a dirty scumbag like Rudy G., who hung his own people out to dry the first chance he got.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Yeah, this is one real tough hockey mom. The first time she takes a cross check in the face, she goes running home crying and moaning about how unfair it all is. Get over yourself babycakes...you ain't that important. That's what you get for hanging out with a dirty scumbag like Rudy G., who hung his own people out to dry the first chance he got.

Ahh, another one. Maybe you can enlighten us all on how to appropriately handle someone that makes a joke about raping your daughter?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

Originally posted by shanerz

Interesting.

So if someone makes a joke about raping your daughter and you do *something* in response to that joke, you are probably on drugs, delusional, and a wacko?

As I stated, he meant the 18 year old. Said he would never tell a joke like that about a 14 year old girl. Said he was sorry, asked her on the show. She said no to the show (obviously taking the publicity scene for what it is), yet she still thinks he was talking about the 14 year old? LOL

Maybe she needs some kinda meds.

Getting knocked up as an adult, by an adult, is a scenario entierly disconnected to what you perceive his joke to be.

So I stand, if someone told a joke about my daughter getting knocked up when she's 18, I'd comfort her, but I wouldn't be the one to shelter her from the reality of life so shes so inept at life to get over a joke.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by shanerz

Ah ok. So if someone makes a joke about your 18 year old daughter being promiscuous and having consensual sex with multiple men (one of which is known to have had sex with prostitutes, thereby possibly implying she is a prostitute) on national television, the appropriate response is to do nothing about it, other than comfort your daughter *just a little bit*.

Got it.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

So a young Mother is suddenly a "Whore"? Your level of intellect is already somewhere south of dumb, and I do feel obliged to incur that you make Forrest Gump appear more or less as Einstein's equal in every manner of thought and logic.

sensationalism always stems from fear and ignorance.

Just because she is a young mother does not mean she can't be a whore.

You see Bristol Palin the way conservative media wants you to see her.

You allow others to form your own opinions for you instead of seeing things the way they really are.

And my intellect is already somewhere south of dumb?

Nice civil tone.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

I see. So tell me, how should a politician, or anyone for that matter, handle a situation like this when a public figure makes a joke about raping your 14 year old daughter?

Once again. Sensationalism

The joke was never about a 14 year old
The joke was never about Rape.

You have to lie in order to have an argument, and even after you make up your own fictitious argument, you still can't win.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

reply to post by shanerz

Ah ok. So if someone makes a joke about your 18 year old daughter being promiscuous and having consensual sex with multiple men (one of which is known to have had sex with prostitutes, thereby possibly implying she is a prostitute) on national television, the appropriate response is to do nothing about it, other than comfort your daughter *just a little bit*.

Got it.

LOL if my girl aint a prostitute and can't handle being called one, I will be at fault. If she is, and can't handle it, I'd ask her why she's so ashamed of what she chose to be - because trust me, it would be a choice. Any of that is irrelevent, anyway, when you realize to assume makes an ASS out of U and (not necessarily) ME.

But what I'm trying to say is if my girl is 18 and having sex with a bunch of guys, what can I do about it? I will teach her what happens when people have sex - everything about it - but I won't make up her mind for her. That's impossible.

National television is a joke anyway. But aside, the appropriate response would definitely not be to go delusional and take his joke out of the context he originally meant, then affirmed when he was confronted about it the first time. Believeing a situation is anything other that what is stated as truth is simply delusional.

Counter with a rational argument is all I'll say. Don't be a retard and character assassinate when the contradicting facts are right in front of your face.

So what could she say back to his original context? I can now understand why she has to bring fake crap up: SHE GOT OWNED.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Well ofcourse Letterman is a pervert, he's old and rich. What did you guys expect?

As far as him not being trusted around young kids, doesn't he have children? Who he has raised succesfully?

Anyway, Pallin is just blowin' steam. I figure she was tired of not being in the limelight anymore. Maybe she got some of her clothes back from the RNC.

Go back to Alaska, it was a joke, it was lame, he apologized.

This isn't news...anymore.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I also fail to see how one can be an "idiot" yet somehow manage to get elected as state governor while raising a family with several kids, have a high approval rating, and also become a vice president nominee.

I guess everyone on this forum are complete morons then.

You fail to see how idiots can get elected to office?

I mean this seriously and literally: Where have you been living?

So, by your logic, simply being in power makes you a great person. Hitler was awesome? He certainly had great power. He reigned over an entire country and posed a greater threat than any man before him to the free world.

I'm not comparing hitler to palin, but i am showing how un-thoughtful your logic was when trying to make Palin look 1/2 credible.

Here's a few idiotic quotes from Mayor Palin herself:

As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It’s Alaska. It’s just right over the border.”

“Well, let’s see. There’s — of course — in the great history of America rulings there have been rulings.” –Sarah Palin, unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

“They are also building schools for the Afghan children so that there is hope and opportunity in our neighboring country of Afghanistan.” –Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in San Francisco, Oct. 5, 2008

“I’m the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can’t.’” –Sarah Palin, as quoted by former City Council Member Nick Carney, after he raised objections about the $50,000 she spent renovating the mayor’s office without approval of the city council

Ya know what though, just watch the video i posted earlier. It's true that there are a lot of dumb democrat politicians too.

But this isnt a tit for tat argument. This si about Sarah Palin and how completely worthless, dumb, ignorant, and unamerican she truly is.

Saying "Well i know democrats who are dumb too" is a cheap kop-out of the conversation. Agreeing that you know democrats who are dumb too only agree's that you agree Sarah Palin is a very stupid woman indeed.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by Fremd]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

I love how like a typical liberal nut job, you have so many posts where you are calling people names...and trying to act like an intellectual......does it ever get old knowing that you have absolutely no leg to stand on, and that the only way you can ever base an argument is to get ugly with people?

try something new for a change

boo

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
Once again. Sensationalism

The joke was never about a 14 year old
The joke was never about Rape.

You have to lie in order to have an argument, and even after you make up your own fictitious argument, you still can't win.

I can move the goalposts for you if you don't want to believe he was talking about a 14 year old girl. Even though it was the 14 year old daughter he was referencing, since she was the one at the baseball game (that he was talking about).

How does a politician appropriately handle a situation where sexual jokes are made about his or her 18 year old daughter on national television?

How does a politician appropriately handle a situation where a joke is made about his or her 18 year old daughter on national television, that implies she is a prostitute (Eliot Spitzer)?

When or why is it ever appropriate to make sexual jokes about 18 year old girls?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I like David's insults more than Palin's.

But that's just because I love him more in general.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

Even though it was the 14 year old daughter he was referencing, since she was the one at the baseball game (that he was talking about).

no, you are the one who is moving the goal posts

Its like this:

A friend makes a "your mom" joke to another friend

that friend, instead of going with the flow and being like "oh you got me" or making another mom joke in retaliation, instead becomes incredibly upset

why?

Because his mom died 3 years ago. But the guy making the joke had no idea.

So what does he do? He apologizes. Case Closed

But in this case, you keep making up lies in order to try and win an argument that you lost before the contest even began.

He was talking about Bristol. He never mentioned anything about Willow, he even said "I was talking about BRISTOL" but you still won't let it die because with it goes your dignity and credability with those around you who agree with you.

So really, i can't blame you for not giving up. It's just kind of sad to not be able to see SOMEONE say "ya know what, i was wrong, his joke was in bad taste regardless of who he was talking about, but it wasnt a 14 year old girl, and it never alluded to anything about rape"

Getting knocked up has nothing to do with getting raped in the context of a joke.

You don't have to be raped in order to be knocked up

You do, however, have to be out of tricks and desperate for something in order to make that connection.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
OK folks, let's end this personal bickering.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
You fail to see how idiots can get elected to office?

I mean this seriously and literally: Where have you been living?

So, by your logic, simply being in power makes you a great person.

Strawman. The term we are referring to is "idiot."

id⋅i⋅ot
  /ˈɪdiət/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [id-ee-uht]
–noun
1. an utterly foolish or senseless person.
2. Psychology. a person of the lowest order in a former classification of mental retardation, having a mental age of less than three years old and an intelligence quotient under 25.

Utterly foolish or senseless people (or those that possess a mental age of less than three years old) do not generally attain high positions in government, much less maintain high approval ratings.

Hitler was awesome? He certainly had great power. He reigned over an entire country and posed a greater threat than any man before him to the free world.

I'm not comparing hitler to palin, but i am showing how un-thoughtful your logic was when trying to make Palin look 1/2 credible.

Hahahahahaha.

You're not comparing Hitler to Palin? Ok dude. Whatever you say.

*Here, let me compare this to Hitler, but I'm not comparing this to Hitler!*

Haha!

Here's a few idiotic quotes from Mayor Palin herself:

Shall I copy and paste idiotic quotes from Obama? Or Biden? Or Pelosi? Or Bush? Or you?

What does this prove exactly?

Agreeing that you know democrats who are dumb too only agree's that you agree Sarah Palin is a very stupid woman indeed.

Uhm, what?

You do realize that you have atrocious grammar and have made several egregious logical fallacies in many of your posts, don't you? Do you find it ironic that you are trying to label someone an idiot, that is inordinately more intelligent than you?

How is it possible for someone of lesser intelligence to properly assess the intelligence of another person with a greater intellect?

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join