It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin calls David Letterman "Dirty old Man" and implies he's unsafe around girls!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

It was a joke about a 14 year old girl. Is that okay? NO! The girl isn't even an adult.

I stand by what I said. Every politician uses there kids to get votes. How many people do you think voted for Obama simply because they were such a nice family? I imagine scores did.

Imagine the ruckus that would've ensued had O'Brien had said, "Yeah, Obama and his youngest daughter went to a Yankees game yesterday and the strangest thing happened---the girl got impregnated by A-Rod in the middle of the seventh! Ha BING!"

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

She did say originally that abstinence doesn't work. Now she's saying, it's safer, but harder. Of course, even people against abstinence will admit that it's safer. Bristol probably got an ear full from her mother and tweeked her position a little bit.

In the end, originally, she said that abstinence isn't realistic.

exactly. So now you're saying "its okay" because she flip flpped?

Im saying she came under scrutiny because she was preaching for abstinence even though she was a pregnant teenager out of wedlock.

That's called hypocrisy. After her mom brought her into the public eye, Bristol Palin made public speeches and did all of this on her own. She should have been ready for scrutiny, instead of this prissy "dont ridicule me, im a girl" non sense.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

No, i see the point you're trying to make. But you're ignoring facts and making up things in order to try and make the point. Sarah Palin can't use her family to gain votes, then get pissy if any of them come under ridicule.

Ignoring facts and making up things?

If by some crazy reason I was running for public office...I wouldn't hide my family. I'd parade them around and be proud of who they were.

Her kids wouldn't even be a story if the media wasn't so focused on slandering her at every opportunity. I'd introduce my family...problems and all.

Once again...as you didn't answer yet...

Do you have children?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's ok for any parent to defend their children (young or not) against the type of thing letterman said.

And he definitely is a dirty old man. Whether it's just part of his shtick or if he's really like that doesn't really matter. Watch his show any time an attractive woman is on, you'll see what I mean, especially if she's young. I've seen girls get noticeably upset with the way he acts towards them.

Anyone saying "Sarah is stupid, it's ok and all her fault for being highly public anyways" is a complete idiot... Unless they were a fellow ATS member who was voicing their opinion which is their right to do sans name calling...

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Do i really need to post all the old news articles of her bragging? Brag brag brag brag brag brag.

I don't know a single woman that doesn't BRAG about their kids....and they should...that's WHAT MOTHER'S DO!

[edit on 12-6-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Anyone saying "Sarah is stupid, it's ok and all her fault for being highly public anyways" is a complete idiot.

Well, then lesson learned, no? Don't bring your own family into the public spot light and you have nothing to worry about.

Sarah Palin did this to herself. Anyone who can't see it that way is just a sheep.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

It was a joke about a 14 year old girl. Is that okay? NO! The girl isn't even an adult.

I stand by what I said. Every politician uses there kids to get votes. How many people do you think voted for Obama simply because they were such a nice family? I imagine scores did.

Imagine the ruckus that would've ensued had O'Brien had said, "Yeah, Obama and his youngest daughter went to a Yankees game yesterday and the strangest thing happened---the girl got impregnated by A-Rod in the middle of the seventh! Ha BING!"

It was about a 14 year old? Really? Letterman claims it wasnt. I guess you know better than he did, though.

People said these things about the bush twins all the time. Whats the difference.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

thats fine. You can brag about your kids. I never said you couldn't. But what i did say is that if you're going to go on national TV and brag, you should be prepared if scrutiny ensues afterwards.

"look at my daughter, she's perfect, abstinence YAY!!"

And then OOPS - she got knocked up at 17 by a boyfriend who later left her because of her dysfunctional family.
But no - you can't talk about the latter.

That makes you a dirty old man

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Fremd]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Can someone not make a mistake and go and warn people to not do it? Of course they can!

Or, are all the former druggies that go and tell kids to not do drugs hypocritical?

Even if Bristol Palin flip-flopped, is someone not allowed to change their convictions?

A hypocrite, by the way, is someone who tells someone to do something and then does another, after the fact. So, Bristol Palin isn't being hypocritical because, to our knowledge, she wasn't going through her high school telling kids to not have sex.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

But the difference is she was preaching from a pedestal before everyone found out about the pregnancy - then after the findings - she changed her tune.

Thats not trying to help others learn from your mistake.

thats lying your ass off to cover up a mistake, then changing yoru tune when you get busted.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Big difference in your pandering, vs the reality of the situation

This isn't pandering...I'm just proving that you hate this woman..and that's all their is too it....why else would you call her a whore mother?

No parent DESERVES to have their kids slandered....and no CHILD deserves it either.

I don't give a damn what the circumstance is...and I don't care who it is.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Just no. You don't make jokes about someone's 14 year old daughter getting knocked up and expect the parent of said 14 year old to not be angry. Same thing in regard to all of the parents of girl children watching the show that you are relying on for your ratings. You just don't make them angry and then act all confused when there is a backlash.

The fact that Letterman's people were too stupid to even do a cursory glance in the direction of light research into which child attended the ball game was the first failure. The second was on Letterman running with the joke, having apparently decided that no one would call him on his lack of class for thinking that making jokes about getting a 14 year old child pregnant would in any way be acceptable. Well, now he knows...it isn't acceptable.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

From the LA Times:

However, Monday's show has drawn criticism from both sides of the aisle for a joke made about Sarah Palin's 14-year-old daughter, Willow. During his opening monologue, Letterman poked fun at Sarah and Willow's recent weekend outing to a Yankees game, joking that, "during the seventh inning, her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez.

The joke was about Willow Palin.

And as far as the Bush twins go, no, it wasn't okay for people to say stuff about them. It's not okay for anyone in a prominent person's family to be attacked unless that person puts themselves out for the wolves.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Then again Letterman is the hypocrite...He had a child out of wedlock. Let Sarah Palin stick up for her kids, anyone with kids would do the same, and candidates have been bringing their kids on the campaign trail since day one and they are not fair game. Letterman is on the way down the road the same as Rosie O'donnell when she started bringing her political agenda onto her daytime talk show.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

First off the "Whore mother who had a child out of wedlock with a man who later left her"

...you really think that was aimed at Sarah Palin?

LOL

Well, im sorry you can't comprehend a very simplistic sentence. But allow me to clarify.

Yes. I hate Sarah Palin. In the same way i hate Rush Limbaugh, and MSNBC, and every other pundit idiot on this planet.

Why?

For reasons that i'd hope you, as a long term member of ATS, could easily recognize.

Nothing she can say will ever change the fact that she's a complete moron who doesn't know her ass from a hole in the ground.

So when she reaps the rewards of the seeds she sewed herself, i don't have sympathy for her.

I'm sorry that you do. That makes us different. Call the papers.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
Abstinence preaching from a whore mother bearing children out of wedlock?

This is the kind of language Palin was talking against in the video. Those are some hateful and unjustified words coming from you.

The last thing I heard from Bristol was she said abstinence didn't work, at least for her anyway. It's true abstinence is not for everyone. So does that mean every women who has a child out of wedlock is a whore? Then that means the Virgin Mary technically is. Wedlock is something that has been around since the beginning of the human race, you don't like it? Tough.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by asmall89

Wow. Here, allow me to write this on a cracker and feed it to you.

Sarah Palin says "look at my family arent they perfect"
Then bam - Bristol gets pregnant - not married, etc etc

the public says "well, perfect, no. Having a child out of wedlock goes against conservative values, thats called hypocrisy"

and it is hypocrisy - because it's "okay" for bristol to do it, but not "okay" for anyone else, according to conservative standards that is.

So now you have Sarah Palin in the media screaming "leave my family alone"

Sarah Palin should leave her family alone.
She brought ALL OF THIS on herself through her "look at us" appraoch to politics, when it should have been look at "me"!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

When did they say it was okay? I always remember it being said that they were upset, but they still love their kids. Unconditional love doesn't mean that you condone something.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
she's lucky that anyone even cares... must have been a slow news day in america to give this women the mic again... sheesh

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Sarah Palin says "look at my family arent they perfect" Then bam - Bristol gets pregnant - not married, etc etc the public says "well, perfect, no. Having a child out of wedlock goes against conservative values, thats called hypocrisy" and it is hypocrisy - because it's "okay" for bristol to do it, but not "okay" for anyone else, according to conservative standards that is. So now you have Sarah Palin in the media screaming "leave my family alone"

Name a woman who isn't proud of her children.

Do it.

As a matter of fact, how man women on ATS..or for that matter men as well...who are not proud of their children and defend them no matter what the circumstance is...at their fault or not.

I'm 3 weeks away from having a daughter and if anyone ever says a SINGLE word to make them feel bad about themselves I will want to kick some ass...PERIOD.

For the third time..since you have no answered...DO YOU HAVE CHILDREN?

If not then you cannot possibly understand. I'm not a fan of Sarah Palin but this goes far beyond that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join