It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE CAN handle disclosure, but will be EXTREMELY excited...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I was reading that other thread before, and I must say, if were to honestly turn on the TV with a big headline "EXTRATERRESTRIALS REAL, HAVE BEEN VISITING EARTH FOR PAST 65 YEARS", I would most definitely not riot, or panic.

The very first thing I would do is call up all of my "sheeple" friends that call me crazy for believing in aliens and tell them to turn on the news. When they do, ill be like "I told you so, I told you all so!" Many of my friends extraterrestrials are completely illogical. They are the exact opposite. With the billions upon billions of stars in our galaxy alone, the statistical odds of other advanced life developing elsewhere is quite high. When counting the other billions upon billions of galaxies, which each contain hundreds of billions of stars, it is quite clear that whether evolution or creation is correct, life is bound to develop elsewhere naturally.

The second thing I would do is call up my family, tell them the great news. I would be SUPER excited the entire day probably. I couldnt wait for the next school day to go own all the kids in school that think im crazy. Really, im the crazy one here? Am I the one drinking, and smoking pot? Am I the one obsessed with being "cool"? There is no such thing as cool. All it is is someones opinion of you. Thats it. There are way more important things to worry about then that.

Next, I would go make a youtube video about it, and make a my facebook status "I TOLD YOU ALL!" (i am 17 keep in mind.).

After that, I would try and make contact with the extraterrestrial beings as soon as possible.

Why would anybody "riot" or "panic". Once they announce that these are peaceful beings, there is nothing to worry about.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Yeah same here, I'd be way too excited to riot or panic... why would someone do that anyway? I guess some of the religious extremists might... but the pope said it's ok to believe in aliens... so i don't know. I guess the biggest problem with acknowledging aliens is the questions we would want to ask them, especially about religion and what not. If governments release the technology as well that would make some oil companies very mad possibly. But yeah I would do a big told ya so to a couple friends too

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmall89
but the pope said it's ok to believe in aliens...

Lets look at it from this perspective, why did the Pop say its ok

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

Exactly, and they've definitely given it plenty of time to sink in with the catholic population, it makes you kind of wonder if something is getting close. The only two major religions I think might have a problem with the existence of aliens are Islam and Judaism, I say that mainly because they don't have a major leader like a pope saying it's ok. Even then they probably wouldn't riot or anything. I think Hindu's and Buddhists would probably welcome the existance of aliens.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by asmall89]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I would panic. Always wanted to, never have to date. I think alien visitation would be a great excuse to remove "riot and panic" from my bucket list.

Humor aside, the manner in which the information is introduced will greatly affect the public response. The best case scenario is the government not disclosing (because they don't know any more than you or I anyway) and the visitors taking the initiative (in a manner they have pre-planned and done on several other worlds with success)

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
How many of you will go to work tomorrow if there is a Alien or a UFO on CNN?

I think it is a valid question. Answer HONESTLY! Will you go to work tomorrow if there is an Alien doing a Interview on Larry King Live or FOX news pulls an exclusive first hand tour through an alien spacecraft.

Honestly people NOT going to work is a VALID argument against disclosure. The entire WORLD literally LITERALLY being shut down overnight.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
If there are indeed aliens visiting from other worlds, then the matter is indeed one of true enormity. It's not that we would panic, per se, but the notions that an extraterrestrial entity would bring into our dynamic is possibly the reasoning behind withholding disclosure.
Lets for arguments sake, say that the aliens had an entirely different philosophical view regarding the universe, then it would stand to reason that very fact would be met with hostility. It's not the majority of us that would act this way, but the fringe, and that is enough.
If disclosure happens and actual physical presence is known and taken now as fact, then a measure of space is in order. Aliens will not outright walk around amongst us. Recognizably anyway.
This is all assuming that their intentions are benevolent.
If and when disclosure happens, I would give things about 50 years, more or less, before we are interacting on an everyday, common level.
I hope that any visitor is benevolent and if they are I hope it happens. I really do. So far all of our ideas have led to nothing but chaos. Maybe a fresh perspective is is in order.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Didnt the Tibetans say, that through remote viewing that this is going to occur and soon, so there is another religious faction that is saying its ok (not in the same sort of words) to believe in this.

Realistically, the point that came up with regard to people not turning up to work would be more than true. I mean this would be saying to the majority, that are in denial of this, that everything they know is wrong, so of course there are going to be repercussions, but, I feel that its not to our detriment. Its about time we started to include ourselves in the "system" as such. We have sat around to long now umming and ahhing about religion, science, the universe and so on. A bit of truth isnt going to hurt anyone, and we should be looking toward the truth now, not away from it.
Disclosure I think would be hard to start with, but after a few teething problems things, as you would all know, would be very different. Lets them come and let them put a bee in our bonnets, its about bloody time we took the blinkers off

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by King neptune117

I think the only snag will be humanities inability to accept differences. Too many of us can't even accept a differing in opinion and/or pigmentation of skin and/or geographical and/or cultural background and/or a great many other things that differs from them, it would be insane in my honest opinion to expect them to be able to accept extraterrestrials in any sort of positive light without any negative backlash.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'll post this again, so it won't go unread:

People, please consider this: There is absolutely NO evidence of any kind of "alien" existence except for the stories and a lot of blurry photo/video material. Do you think that the agencies presumably covering up the phenomenon are really that effective at hiding all the evidence? I would like to believe these things also, but it's really more probable that everything has a very natural explanation.

As far as the abduction phenomenon goes, I think it might be about some psychological experiments. I mean, the US government has a history in these weird projects, like MK Ultra, which actually existed, and may still exists in some form. I think all these strange operations are orchestrated by some very messed up individuals in high places.

I think that the Alien Question is - in the end - a very philosophical question about human existance itself: if by all odds the universe should be swarming with intelligent life, why haven't we encountered any? Are they all hiding? That would be very strange and improbable also. All these things raise many questions about who we are and where we should be heading.

Please show me some REAL evidence, and I will surely believe it all.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by cehas_ultra171]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cehas_ultra171
I'll post this again, so it won't go unread:

People, please consider this: There is absolutely NO evidence of any kind of "alien" existence except for the stories and a lot of blurry photo/video material. Do you think that the agencies presumably covering up the phenomenon are really that effective at hiding all the evidence? I would like to believe these things also, but it's really more probable that everything has a very natural explanation.

As far as the abduction phenomenon goes, I think it might be about some psychological experiments. I mean, the US government has a history in these weird projects, like MK Ultra, which actually existed, and may still exists in some form. I think all these strange operations are orchestrated by some very messed up individuals in high places.

I think that the Alien Question is - in the end - a very philosophical question about human existance itself: if by all odds the universe should be swarming with intelligent life, why haven't we encountered any? Are they all hiding? That would be very strange and improbable also. All these things raise many questions about who we are and where we should be heading.

Please show me some REAL evidence, and I will surely believe it all.

Well that is your belief and obviously not others.
What your also saying in this statement that those that have come out and stated that they are real, Ie: Edgar Mitchell for one example, Buzz is another, there are a few out there, are lying to us when they say they experienced this! Sorry but to me there are too many scientist and professionals out there that have had some sort of contact, that are now coming out and stating that this has been going on for years. You cant just disregard what these people are saying, even the thousands of everyday people that have experienced this as well. I can understand that there would be a number that are not what they say there are, but again you just cant disregard the many that have good proof of their experiences.
Also what someone may consider good proof, may not be what you see as proof.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Well that is your belief and obviously not others.
What your also saying in this statement that those that have come out and stated that they are real, Ie: Edgar Mitchell for one example, Buzz is another, there are a few out there, are lying to us when they say they experienced this! Sorry but to me there are too many scientist and professionals out there that have had some sort of contact, that are now coming out and stating that this has been going on for years. You cant just disregard what these people are saying, even the thousands of everyday people that have experienced this as well. I can understand that there would be a number that are not what they say there are, but again you just cant disregard the many that have good proof of their experiences.
Also what someone may consider good proof, may not be what you see as proof.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm just trying to be as rational as possible. I mean, where's all the video evidence? It's all very bad quality.. if this phenomenon is so frequent, where's all the good evidence? It has been proved that when examined closely, almost all these cases can be (being as neutral as possible) explained by something very normal. Things like mass hallucinations sound very improbable and naive to me, but it's very probable that most of the sightings are just errors in observation.

Like the mexican cases, those things definitely don't look like ships of any kind, more like balloons os. To me, all this seems to me more like some kind of government operation/operations.

Prove me wrong.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cehas_ultra171

You go astray here:

Prove me wrong.

Neither of you can prove your case either way.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Neither of you can prove your case either way.

Maybe yes, but I'm referring to any phenomenon that is at first "unexplainable". Everything usually has a very normal (and mostly boring) explanation.

I just wish to see any kind of good quality video material of an UFO. That would be great.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

This is a perfectly VALID argument. It is VERY possible that we have not been visited by Aliens or space ships from another time or dimension or planet.

It is hard for me to give reasons for the movement and technology level of some of the craft visible as being secret human craft.

It is the equivalent of saying "NO Aliens have ever visited Earth but we have secretly had the technology to explore the Milky Way galaxy and explore for life BUT we kept it hidden from humanity for the past 60+ years because we are cool like that. Enjoy your American Idol while we go cruise through Sirius SUCKERS!"

It would be WORSE to find that out!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Oh wait you are saying that there is no evidence for ANY type of Unidentified Object that are capable of breaking the laws of physics?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Oh that the universe was soooo simple and true factuality so easily realised.....

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

It is the equivalent of saying "NO Aliens have ever visited Earth but we have secretly had the technology to explore the Milky Way galaxy and explore for life BUT we kept it hidden from humanity for the past 60+ years because we are cool like that. Enjoy your American Idol while we go cruise through Sirius SUCKERS!"

I think that the whole phenomenon (damn, I'm getting tirend of that word) is great in it's way, that it's really making people think and distract them from their banality, and make the "normal" people go: "wow, there may be more things in life and greater things than my little existence." I think that's important.

Maybe WE are the Aliens. We are on this great spaceship called Earth afterall.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Hey thanks for the nice reply, its hard sometimes to write things simply without people taking offense to what you say in the written word sometimes. Bless you

No we cant prove it either way, and yes things like mass hysteria and hallucinations really make it difficult.
But.... there are still many a person out there, that we know as rational, that have experienced this many a time. Do we disregard them? Again I bring up mitchell and auldrin, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan again to name a few.
Science is now moving in the direction of multi dimensions, they are starting to accept the impossible, they are coming up with new theories every day, even the Church has come and for some reason and stated that its ok to believe in ET's.
Plus I just cant get past the fact that there are many a depiction in painting across the eras, along with documented reports. There is a thread here somewhere that goes into detail (and I have responded to this myself) about sightings back in the 16-1700's.
What do we make of this. And again it still comes down to interpretation, what I claim is good evidence doesn't necessarily sit well with others.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
How many of you will go to work tomorrow if there is a Alien or a UFO on CNN? I think it is a valid question. Answer HONESTLY! Will you go to work tomorrow if there is an Alien doing a Interview on Larry King Live or FOX news pulls an exclusive first hand tour through an alien spacecraft. Honestly people NOT going to work is a VALID argument against disclosure. The entire WORLD literally LITERALLY being shut down overnight.

Why would you not go to work? Wouldn't it be a cool thing to talk about with your workmates?

And regarding the evidence and proof, well I believe the 'Area 51 Alien Interview' was a real live ET, but of course I guess those who see UFO evidence as a bunch of blurry photos and videos would see the ET in the alien interview as a puppet. I've seen the South African Air Force report on the retrieval mission that resulted in the capture of the live ET in the alien interview video, and that's proof enough for me that it was the real deal.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join