It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Audit the Fed Bill Surpasses Crucial Benchmark

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I agree, baby steps but steps nonetheless. If anything it would be great to bring more awareness to the public that if it does go further, and vetoed, that people will really start seeing how much BS is really going on in our GOV.

If and when that does happen, I hope that it will be enough to be a wake up call to more people that think that the GOV is there to help everyone (general public).

I guess it's a wait and see situation..

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
If it gets to Obamas desk and he vetos it as I believe he will (he is a nwo player) it will be a(the) defining moment in his presidency. If he does he is doomed,he will not get re-elected,this is a huge growing movement. If Obama vetos this bill I will hound him with it for the next three yrs,if he doesnt, I agree, he's a marked man. Jackson(attempted), Garfield,Lincoln, Kennedy,they all dared defy the fed, they were all killed, except Jackson, and Jackson, well Jackson shot them the bird,God bless his soul.

[edit on 6/11/09 by nickoli]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Disinfo Agent: Look a flying pig!!!

I really hope this passes

Alien Mind

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

??? Whos the disinfo agent?
I'm a little confused,I hope you were not referring to me and if you were what may I ask led you to that conclusion? I've called my congressmen (Georgia) and they have already signed on I'm proud to add. Brother I do my part and when the time comes and you look around you through the dust of war,I'll be there, standing beside you,fighting untill the death,long live the Republic.

[edit on 6/11/09 by nickoli]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I agree that there will be a distraction once the wheels on this are really set in motion. It may not be anything too big (don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming there's another 9/11 coming) but it will be enough to distract the public.

As surprising as it may be, this story has been covered by mainstream media sources, and the movement to push this bill through is growing nationwide. Something will be necessary to distract the masses from the progress of this bill and/or the findings of the audit, should it ever occur.

Although I do obviously hope there is an audit of the Fed, I am already questioning it's validity. I don't question Dr. Ron Paul's and a few others' motives with sponsoring this bill, but just how accurate or revealing will the findings be should an audit ever take place? This would be like you inspecting the finances of the owner of the company you are employed by. Do you think that will end well for you?

I hope that this happens, but I am pessimistic as to whether it will change a thing.

Related Mainstream Media Articles (articles are a day old)
Fed Would Be Shut Down If It Were Audited, Expert Says
Ron Paul's Audit The Fed Bill Hits 207 Co-Sponsors

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The next great war ? WW3?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

The first two world wars occurred at critical times in the Fed's history. The first occurred when it was established, and the second during the Great Depression. If a real, true, and non-partisan audit of the Fed was done, and they were truly held accountable for their actions, I don't think it would be completely out of the realm of possibility that a major war would be triggered to punish the American people for their defiance.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

I see your point and I can agree, I dont see a transparent audit happenning either BUT. Yes its a big BUT.
Doesnt the owners of the fed actually own over half the worlds wealth and could easily back their bluff with their actual factual real solid assets?
I mean do they or do they not have the gold cause we all know that he who has the gold makes the rules and I really hate to do this but in fact I believe those who own the fed definantly have the gold.
What then, when they say they can buy and or own the US many times over?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

They do own much of the world's wealth. The Federal Reserve is not their only 'base of operations', so to speak. They own many if not all of the central banks in the world, which means they control many if not all of the governments of the world. Only Andorra and Monaco don't have a central bank.

If the Federal Reserve were to be audited or shut down, these people certainly would not be defeated. Their ultimate goals would be delayed, and their current plans probably greatly hindered, but they have the power and the wealth to ultimately achieve what they have set out to achieve.

The real significance behind auditing or (hopefully) shutting down the Federal Reserve, I think, is to preserve our freedom and our sovereignty at least for a little while longer. Although it would not permanently remove the threat we face from these people, it would be a much deserved smack in the face and would send them the message that we aren't going to just roll over.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I love this bill. The Fed is the closest thing there is to NWO and they need to be heavily regulated. They are above the law and this needs to stop.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
heres what they SHOULD do

hire 2 independent auditors. Hiring 1 of the big four and one other firm would have them be very competitive in their findings. What if the smaller firm makes a finding that perhaps PriceWatershouseCoopers or Deloitte doesnt find? That would make huge room for a growth opportunity and bragging rights on either of their commissions.

IF I were an accounting firm, I would PUSH to be the ones chosen to audit the fed. I'd do it for free (in fact, I need some auditing experience for my CPA certification, so sign me the F up!)

2 firms doing extensive audits would keep them honest. Obviously, 5 firms auditing them would make it even more reliable. 2.5 billion in assets (is that correct?) shouldnt cost too too much to audit. Im sure we can fitthat into the budget.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This bill will pass, Obama will sign it, there will not be any distractions, a large amount will be "investigated", all people will call for Bernanke to resign, he will resign, the American people will feel vindicated, Obama will collect all the good will felt towards him from the American public and the Fed will eventually go back to normal.

Don't you see? It's already started. Bernanke is the fall guy. Fed Emails Bash BofA Chief in Tussle Over Merrill Deal

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vonholland

what if during the audit process they discover that there is no paper trail whatsoever and that the FED just pulls numbers out of the air and into bank accounts...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

This Idea seems plausable and probably the best for the Fed. I don't think they need a big war like WWIII to jump in wealth or gain in power. The growth is slow and steady with all the small conflicts around the world. A nuclear war would do more damage then good. It makes no sense for the Fed to want that or the powers that be to push for that.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Problem... Reaction... Solution!!!
Unaudited Fed... Accountability... IMF(World bank reserve, world financial standards,control, currency!) No wonder this bill is sailing through relatively unharmed at this time.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Atlantican]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I this will pass because TPTB will be in control of who and which company does the audit.
I can see this turning into another 9/11 commission where it's going to be loaded with experts who are already bought out.
Their tentacles are long and I'm sure they are working on getting experts on side as we speak in preparation for this.

Just a gut feeling.......

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

My friend I see you are well versed as to the ways of the world,I'm thinking the same thing. We cannot bankrupt these people they own the mines and the wells,the oil and the water,hell they own outer space.
Even if we came up with a new currency they could quickly buy back in.

That only leaves one solution.

That solution just doesnt sit easy with me,but I'm a pushover.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Who will do the AUDIT people......the same people who did the bank stress tests c'mon........i don't think the gov't can use the fed as fall guy's but we shall C

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

reply to post by Atlantican

You both make very good points and bring up an alternative angle I hadn't thought of. That alternative angle is one I'd be willing to bet holds more weight than any.

Like Iamonlyhuman said, we very well may get an honest audit without an Obama veto or diversions, and the end result of that audit will most likely be to hold people accountable. Bernanke will be the fall guy. However, like Atlantican said, the audit will most likely reveal high level incompetency and corruption in the Federal Reserve and operational duties will be turned over to the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

Basically what the powers that be will do to counter this bill is to actually let it pass and do what it is intended to do. Then they will use the result of the audit to ease the American people's anger by not only giving them a false sense of "victory", but also ending the Fed's power by turning over the bank they own to a bigger and more powerful bank they own. And through all of this, Obama keeps his positive image and takes credit for bringing "change" and holding people accountable.

It's a great plan when you think about it. If I were them, that is what I'd do.

The ultimate goal is a one world government and one world bank. This bill - although well-intended (I hope) - fits right in with their plan.

Good posts and good thinking Iamonlyhuman and Atlantican! Starred.

[edit on 6/11/09 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
is it a coincidence that level 6 was announced around the same time on the same day as this bill got enough sponsors?
. do people really think that the federal reserve is just going to hand over their accounting books with a smile?lol!! yeah right. remember its like a game of chess. we just made our move with hr1207 and its time for tptb to make their move.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by middleclasssoldier]

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join