It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd early morning flight to the TTR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
WWW303 landed at the TTR in the very early AM. After the Beech Janet crash, these landings were deemed "at your own risk" when the TTR tower was not manned. Since I can't hear the TTR tower, I don't know for a fact it wasn't manned.

WWW303 on Flightaware

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Since you couldn't hear the tower was manned or not i think given your answer we cannot comment about the tower being unmanned is a little mute?

If it was unmanned then the flight might appear strange given the time - but as we cannot verify that -its probably safe to assume it was manned and therefore nothing to see here?

[edit on 5-6-2009 by Silk]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

I think you mean moot rather than mute, or I don't understand your comment. In any event, this is an odd time for a plane to arrive at the TTR.

It was also annoying that the liveatc.net stream from McCarran wasn't working.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
That is a very strange time for a flight like that to take place out there. Was there any other activity that morning? Any stops at Groom?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DesertShadow

This flight in question was directly from MCarran to the TTR. The only odd thing was the flight was a bit lower than usual for the TTR, but then again it is very unusual for TTR flights to go over the range rather than around it. This flight was mostly at 20kft. If somebody camped at Mt. Diablo, they would have been flown over by the jet. Typically the Janets approach from the north, i.e make a landing on 14.

flight aware
You can see there are no recent departure from McCarran in the midnight hour, at least on flightaware's archive. Every once in a while a Beech Janet makes an odd hour flight, but not a 737.

new topics

top topics

join