It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help: some webpages are not loading on any of computers in the house.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
HI, we have three computers in the house, all using a wep encrypeted Wifi connection,
running though AOL(i brought the modem speratly and set it up to connect to aol without having to use the crappy software)

One runs, windows ME, one runs XP, and the other Vista.

This has only happened recently, we have had this set up for over a year and no probelems before.

it started yesterday, with the modem having issues connecting to aol(it works now) but while we have internet connection there is many pages that wont load here are some of them:

gearsofwar.xbox.com...
most bingo playing sites(wont load the game window)
www.play.com...
also msn wont connect.

I have updated java,flash,and shock wave.

and they still wont load, just get a white screen and the loading icon. can anybody help please?

[edit on 25-5-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
also to add, ats pages will not load if there is media.fastclick.net on them.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Is AOL your actual service provider?

Check with AOL or whatever your provider is, and make sure they aren't blocking you in some way.

I worked on a computer for a guy who was getting some web page loading problems. He has Jet broadband, which blocked some things from loading on his machine. He had 3 computers as well, doing something similar.

What happened is that Spam was apparently coming from his location, I think because he had neighbors steeling his unsecured internet connection (router). So, Jet blocked things from coming through.

That's my guess, since you have 3 computers doing the same thing.

The thing is, you are on a secured network. Anyway, I would definitely check with your provider. They may be blocking you in some way, for whatever reason.

Troy

join