It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Base Camp and the TTR from 30kft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Given the lack of "reality based" posts in the last few weeks, here are some shots of Base Camp and the Tonopah Test Range as taken from a A321 commercial flight. I believe these bases are more recent than 50,000BC, and no channeling was used in taking these photographs. In addition, the flight was not funded by either the Bilderberg Group or the UFO Hunters.

Base camp photos. Tybo is in the bottom right corner of the first photo.

Base Camp 1
Base Camp 2
Base Camp 3
Base Camp 4

Tonopah Test Range
Tonopah Test Range
Tonopah Test Range

There was way too much haze to see Groom Lake. I've don't this flight at night and the lights from Groom Lake are easy to spot.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
What exactly am I looking at? A military base ? And what about something from 50,000 B.C. ?

The pics are nice though. What are those circle things for? vegetation?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I'm a little lost as to what we are supposed to be looking at as well. The circular areas are alfalfa fields. They are round because they use a "linear" watering machine that goes in circles. Nothing rare there, this terrain looks very typical of Nevada. Personally I love it up there. But, not I ain't see'n anything that's exactly ATS material here my friend...

[edit on 22-5-2009 by PhoenixDemon]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Are you two kidding me! TTR is as important as any base for testing today's newest black projects and technologies. The photos were great!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Forget the 50,000BC stuff. It's just my attempt at humor, or perhaps sarcasm.

As they say, google is your friend. However, here are two quick references for the bases in question:
TTR
Base Camp

The links may 404. They are replacing the server.

I should mention that you can check out your flight regarding how close it gets to your favorite base by looking at the route on flightaware.com. If the resolution from flightaware.com isn't good enough, you can save the waypoints from the flight and plot them on google earth. On Sundays, the flights may go over or at least get closer to the TTR. This is not the case for Groom Lake, i.e. the distance from the plane to the base never changes depending on the day of the flight.

Actually, you check out the previous routing of the flight you are going to take to see if it goes close to a base. You can assume your flight will be similar, but check a few old flights since there may be the occasional change in the route for weather.

I was flying US Air, which doesn't allow GPSs in the cabin. What I did was pick a reference point that was along the trip, then note the time difference from the reference point to the TTR, which should be repeatabe. I used Mono Lake, which is easy to spot from the air. The civilian Tonopah airport is easy to spot. Once you have that civilian airport, the TTR is further back. Base Camp is to the north of route 6 and is very easy to spot.

Many flights to Vegas fly down route 95. They should be able to see Groom Lake. There is also a route used less frequently that goes near route 93. It probably has better views of Groom Lake.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
K . I was unsure what TTR was but yea I guess that would be sweet to fly over a secretive testing type government base.

This most actually got interesting for me now.

Why alfalfa though?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Base Camp and the TTR from 30kft ???? not the best named thread

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
All the links are dead, is the OP still alive? wtf!?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

The server was down.

Here is Mono Lake from the same flight.
Mono Lake 1
Mono Lake 2

Here is a random flight I picked that goes over the same route. It will open up in google earth.
NWA269

Here is one going south to Vegas.
VRD900

I need to dig a bit to find the flights that head down route 93.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The flight from Las Vegas to Fresno at 11 something at night on a US Air commuter goes right up the 95 with views of the range on the right.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Now at least I know what I was supposed to be seeing. And yep, its pretty cool. Nevada has a lot of stuff like that. In April I was in Nevada competing in the Nevada Trophy Navigational Challenge. It took us into a remote valley, South East of Lovelock Nevada. While we were out there we came across some "blow up" scud launchers as well as other blow up missle launchers. And when I say "blow up" I'm talking like a kids blow up bouncy house. I'd never seen anything like it before. Flying circles over us were some T 38's. We assumed they were training how to recognize ground targets. The jets were likely out of Fallon Naval Air Station which was further South.

As for the Alfalfa fields, all I know is Alfalfa is one of the biggest agricultural crops in Nevada. They don't tend to get the same amount of cuts per year as Alfalfa grown in other regions of the North West, but they do grow a lot of it.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixDemon

The blow up stuff is interesting. Do you have any photographs?

I don't know the details exactly, but to grow stuff in the desert, you bid on AGUs, which is something like "agricultural units." You pay a fee and get to use the land. There is also the question of water rights. Different ranchers have their own water rights, so I am told. As you can imagine, water rights in the desert is a big deal. The "crop circles" near Base Camp are relatively new, at least relative to the established farms like Rachel.

new topics

top topics

join