It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC's new show "V", human looking aliens arrive, gain trust, turn out to be reptilian

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It starts looking like the movie "Independence Day" but finishes with a little twist. Quite an interesting plot but I think it may be more of reading the conspiracy pulse and not pre-disclosure. Ha, guess we'll see.

Apparently it is a remake, though I am not aware of the original. Oh and it's nice to see Inara again...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Parabol]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This is a remake of a miniseries from the 80's.
Hopefully they do it justice this time around.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
"V"? New?

That was on in 1984.

Is this some remake?

There was a fairly successful series followed by a couple of movies.

Here we go:

V Television Series

[edit on 21-5-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol
It starts looking like the movie "Independence Day" but finishes with a little twist. Quite an interesting plot but I think it may be more of reading the conspiracy pulse and not pre-disclosure. Ha, guess we'll see.

No actually this is a remake of an 80s TV show called "V" Independence day copied it.

Google Video Link

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Apparently a mini series and a show...

V (The Original Miniseries)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Looks great, can't wait to watch it!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
yes it is indeed a remake. and i believe it will start halfway through 2010's main season for new shows. according to an article i read on scifiwire.com, it's scheduled to at least have 13 episodes, maybe as many as 22.

that whole "independence day style entrance" thing ....i see it all over the internet, but the fact is independence day took that intro with the ships flying over the cities from the original v. so really v is just reclaiming it. sorry , it's a small irritant of mine lol.

by the way the sequel book written by the original writer of the v book and series( i think he also wrote for the series) is really excellent i thought.

although honestly i don't know how well it will, if it even does, justice to the original. if they stick with the plot of stealing earth's water and humans as food, and concentrate on the realization of said facts and the rise of resistance against the invaders;without the acting and dialogue going totally stale and lame(as happens frequently in series these days), it may just be good enough to watch....who knows it may even be awesome to watch. although....so far i'm not seeing any red suits or sunglasses like the original, i really dug that cause it made them stand out so much being that they look human(from the outside).

was that a run-on paragraph? ^^....terrible grammar there...sorry.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The timing could not be more perfect.
I must wonder about what it is that the intellects in Hollywood really know about the world. I guess perhaps society is that easy to read?
Ever since the beginnings of TV an movies, they have always captured the spirit of the times. "Zeitgeist"
This series definitely depicts the spirit of our age. even back in the 1980's, this series was far beyond it's time.
I am really excited to see an updated version.
V

[edit on 21/5/2009 by reticledc]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

omg is that the whole miniseries?!? i clicked on it so i'm like thirty seconds in to it lol. if so ....you totally are just awesomely fantastic slayer!

awe man! it's only part one...and that user hasn't uploaded the other parts.
perhaps i'll order it ....since bestbuy doesn't stock it here(stupid best buy, what good are you?!)

[edit on 21-5-2009 by optimus primal]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
"V" was my MAIN reason for getting into UFOlogy as a child! I hope it's not chocked full of crappy CGI and they can at least write a decent storyline.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
'V' was cool. I have the boxset on Dvd. Hope they make it just as good but with the usual better effects. A bit like Battlestar Galactica The original series was good but the new series was way better!!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
You would have thought they'd call it "W" or "X" if it's a remake.

V was for "Visitor".

W for "we're back".

X for "xenophobia"

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
i'll never forget the 1st tiem i saw the woman baddie eat the hamster whole
pretty good affects at the time.

V had more nazi connotations than anything else. The aliens badge was basically a swastika, they had their own equivelant of the hitler youth.

Be interesting to see the remake.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Gotta say after seeing that trailer this is looking quite good. Nice to see all the little alien theories mixed up in a new sci fi show. I saw the original back then but it wasnt that good looking back now (although i liked it then).
Pity it isnt on til next summer.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hey guys i think he has the point of the fact it was a remake, or to put it simply SCROLL UP. Some of us were born after this came out. I had a buddy who got it on DVD it was pretty cool, though i am convinced this is where David Icke's ideas all came from.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

You'll just have to wait and see the remake
Edit to add a second line here

[edit on 21-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Yes, there is a Mini-Series remake of V coming out soon. I've been eagerly anticipating it, in the hopes that they will do right by it.

I was a child obsessed with Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica and Dr. Who when V came out. I loved it despite the campiness and the retelling of the Nazi Occupation of Europe with a Sci-Fi premise.

Still to this day I will always remember the scene where the Alien Fleet Commander swallows a large rat whole (before it was revealed that the Aliens were Reptilian) and how everyone freaked out because it was either pseudo-sexual, animal cruelty, or beyond the limits of good taste.

Fingers crossed that the V Reboot will be as good as the Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek Reboots.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
i'll never forget the 1st tiem i saw the woman baddie eat the hamster whole
pretty good affects at the time.

V had more nazi connotations than anything else. The aliens badge was basically a swastika, they had their own equivelant of the hitler youth.

Be interesting to see the remake.

Heh! I guess I shouldn't have taken so long to post. I ended up mimicking your response before your's showed up. Doh!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc
I must wonder about what it is that the intellects in Hollywood really know about the world. I guess perhaps society is that easy to read?

Im not even an intellect in Hollywood, and I can tell you exactly what they know about the world. And how easy society is to read.

Shows and movies about ET == $$$$

It sells, its popular. Look at the sci fi channel for example.

Like a third of our movies depict ET in some form or another.

Hell, there are even towns in the USA that have a tourism industry BUILT on UFOs/ET

They just know theres a market, and they are simply trying to cater to it.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Looks like a decent remake and I'm sure it'll try to be original while still playing on some of the same themes from the 1984 version.
Yeah, the red suits will be missed, but watching the old V now makes them seem a little campy. I think "business dress" is the new look for the clean cut institutional look they were going for in the 80's.
No doubt, there will be luls in the dialogue if they plan on exploring some of the same sub-plots like the human/lizard couple and their hybrid offspring.
Looks like a decent cast, so maybe it won't suck as bad as, say, the sarah connor chronicles...le yawn.

edit: I agree with Muzzle's post above. It's all about what makes money and always has been.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by 4N6310]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join