It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI investigates (9/11)Marine impostor in Colorado

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
From the AP

Wed May 20, 5:04 pm ET DENVER – A man accused of fabricating an identity as a former Marine captain who served in Iraq and was at the Pentagon on Sept. 11, 2001, is being investigated by the FBI for possible fraud. The Denver FBI office said Wednesday that investigators want to hear from people who gave money to 31-year-old Richard Strandlof, who used the name Rick Duncan. The FBI says Strandlof may have falsely represented himself to obtain money. No charges have been filed. Strandlof founded the Colorado Veterans Alliance in 2007. The group voted to disband after accusing him of falsifying his identity. A phone listing for Strandlof could not be found. The Marines have said they have no record of Strandlof or Duncan serving in their ranks.

Source:
This example shows how easy it was to enter the Pentagon scene immediately after the attack on the Pentagon if his story about 9/11 checks out.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Swing Dangler upon further consideration]

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Swing Dangler]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I've been following this story as closely as I can. It is pretty crazy all the stuff this former mental patient has been able to do. But I've never read where he actually got into the Pentagon on 9/11. Just because he says he was there, doesn't mean he was. He also claims to be a former marine captain, too. And that has proven to be false.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
I've been following this story as closely as I can. It is pretty crazy all the stuff this former mental patient has been able to do. But I've never read where he actually got into the Pentagon on 9/11. Just because he says he was there, doesn't mean he was. He also claims to be a former marine captain, too. And that has proven to be false.

Excellent point. I edited my comment due to your enlightening comments and further reading about the individual.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
wrong post me bad

[edit on 21-5-2009 by miragezero]

top topics

join